g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Timothy Fosu-Mensah image 24

Timothy Fosu-Mensah Netherlands flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Also want to see him in midfield. Said last summer but I see a lot of Kante qualities in him, and think he could grow into a similar player if given the chance.

el3mel

Improving heavily as the preseason goes. Was mediocre against LA and now he looks more and more suited to RB. With this rate he'll be a good cover for Valencia this season.

Hed Zitin

TFM was good. Shame he had no one to play with on the right. If he could do that on the left side we'd be a lot better off.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Valencia is first choice right back, Timbo should be back up right back. I'd be happy to see the likes of Darmian moved on knowing Timbo and Tuanzebe are coming through.

ThanksBoss26

Think he'll head out on loan for the season if these Aurier rumours are true.

I like him but I do think playing 30-40 games somewhere this season would do him the world of good.

ThanksBoss26

Not seen anything concrete yet but just seen something on twitter suggesting Watford have made an approach for him on loan and we'll make a decision after the Super Cup.

Hojoon

Not seen anything concrete yet but just seen something on twitter suggesting Watford have made an approach for him on loan and we'll make a decision after the Super Cup.
If we sign Aurier he should go on loan. No point having another season like last one when he played like 350 minutes the entire season.

Crashoutcassius

We have so much talented young players like Periera TFM Tuanzebe Gomes and many more behind. I know Mourinho played them all in one meaningless game last year but I really think we need someone to trust them more if they are to ever make it here. Miss LVG for this type of stuff, even if we are nailed on to finish 4-6th every year

Acole9

Outstanding
I've just seen a report of this too in one of the rags. It would be a good move for him to work with Silva.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Reports Watford want him.
If they want him as a starting player, I can't see the downside.
Assuming we sign Aurier of course.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Reports Watford want him.
If they want him as a starting player, I can't see the downside.
Assuming we sign Aurier of course.
I quite like Marco Silva, and Fosu-Mensah needs the minutes. A season similar to what somebody like Nathaniel Ake had would be great.

Bwuk

Why? Aurier is miles ahead at the minute.

Besides Timbo isn't a RB.
Aurier is a clown of a person.

Maybe he isn't a right back but he's not been given a chance in midfield so perhaps that's where Jose sees him.

ike

he recently said on mutv that's where he's needed most by the manager.
but he's cool with it RB or Midfield and said he doesn't care where he plays. seems very happy to be some time on the pitch.

goin4glory

Rumours of him being loaned to Watford which I think is a great move. I'm a big fan of Marco Silva and know he has a very good relationship with Mourinho. He's a an excellent defensive coach as well.

Litch

Def needs a prem move. I for one arent sure what his best position is? Man love to develop players to play in multiple positions but im not sure its good for their careers

mattsville

Like him no matter where he plays, he has a great physique and great energy also he has culture in his feet, clipped in a lovely cross the other night on the run and stretch.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Rumours of him being loaned to Watford which I think is a great move. I'm a big fan of Marco Silva and know he has a very good relationship with Mourinho. He's a an excellent defensive coach as well.
Only thing that would hold such a loan back is Shaw and Rojo being injured. We have Blind and Darmian as our left back options and Valencia as a right back without a backup if Tim leaves on loan.

MUFC OK

Poetentially the tenacious CDM we need, a loan of at least a 6 months could be useful.

Mickson

I would like to see him as a centre back. He's a bit raw but has so much ability there. I think he would work in a three man defence, because that's how Watford playes?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A loan to a premier league club is exactly what he needs. He has all the tools he just needs experience and know what it's like to be a first team player regularly in a full season. Watford will do him some good, especially under Silva.

Only thing that would hold such a loan back is Shaw and Rojo being injured. We have Blind and Darmian as our left back options and Valencia as a right back without a backup if Tim leaves on loan.
I would imagine this all depends on whether we sign Aurier.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If he is going to be playing almost every week like Perreira did last season, then I am all for it. Would definitely get more games at Watford than here.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We have so much talented young players like Periera TFM Tuanzebe Gomes and many more behind. I know Mourinho played them all in one meaningless game last year but I really think we need someone to trust them more if they are to ever make it here. Miss LVG for this type of stuff, even if we are nailed on to finish 4-6th every year
:houllier::rolleyes::nono:

kundalini

If you take a look on Transfermarkt, Watford currently have 4 right-backs including one they acquired this summer. Would be a strange loan move unless they are selling several. They also have lots of central defenders and defensive midfielders so little need for additional cover there.

For all his physical talent, TFM had an underwhelming 2016/7 season both in terms of lack of playing time and performance level when he did feature. I don't see many PL managers thinking he would would ready to be a starter for them.

In the PL, Stoke, West Brom and Huddersfield look better options as they have one right back each. A season on loan in the Championship playing 30+ games might be more sensible. Otherwise domestic cup games here.

Last edited:

izec

A loan makes only sense if he gets game time, so if Watford have so many players, either they guarantee first team footbll in the PL or we look for a club where he would start week in week out, that shouldnt be an issue to find one to be honest

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think a loan to Watford working with their manager could be a good thing

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So basically you welcome failure as long as we give the kids a lot of minutes. Just let that sink in for a moment.

macheda14

He only played the kids when he was fresh out of ideas or bound to by injury...

NotQuiteManc

I guess we would have more idea once Aurier's case is resolved next week, and like the rumour said, after the Super Cup. Having Valencia and Aurier as RB/RWB options would be really good for the squad, especially when the likes of Walker went for 50 mil. He would be slowly introduced into the team and the league, and if he plays well, Mou would have a good headache and having TFM playing regular football hopefully will take over Valencia next next season.

In Rainbows

I would have liked to have seen him play as a destroyer in pre season for a game or two. Sometimes other managers pigeonhole a player into a position because that's the only position they have seen him in. If he played as a midfielder, maybe his loan manager wouldn't be as afraid to try him out in midfield.

Player Red

Saw something about him being loaned to Palace? Any further word on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.