Squad Number: #24
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Date of last contract extension: Oct 19, 2016​

Last edited:

flappyjay

Can fill in at LB, RB, cm and cb. Would be useful over a long season

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'll have a sportsman's bet with you that it's not. Providing he stays fit.
yes of course. I hope I’m proved wrong. I want all the youth to make it here. Imagine how his career may have panned out if he’d stayed at Ajax instead. Would he be top level? Would he still be there or playing for another big/small club? He looked to have immense potential when he first came in but I think he got injured at crucial times and that really stunted his development and you need luck as well as talent to break through. Hopefully this season is his season! Sure what am I saying, Matt Judge is probably whipping him up a fresh new 110k per week contract as we speak....

SAFMUTD

I’d say this is his last season with us. Contract runs out next summer.
Should be, but we give renewals so cheaply that it wouldnt surprise me if we offer him a new contract with improved wages.

lysglimt

Scout
He has been surprisingly good every time he has played over the last 3 months

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was personally good for me to see him deployed at CB and then at DM later in the game. I think he could help Ole in implementing the high risk style he wants to implement.or at the very least provide that option in the aforementioned roles.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Did he play as DM later in the game? If so, how did he play?

Haven't watched the game yet.

I think the penny has finally dropped with Ole, TFM is a central player not a FB.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Did he play as DM later in the game? If so, how did he play?

Haven't watched the game yet.
He was okay, nothing fancy but did his job well. Was very good at CB and bailed out Maguire few times

foolsgold

I always thought there was a good footballer there, he’s only 22 and probably worth another 2 years

Bwuk

Think we’d sell him if we got a offer but we won’t get one. He’ll stay as cover all year and leave on a free probably. Hope he’ll help VdB settle in.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’d look to sell. Might be able to get £5 mill for him and I don’t think he’s ever going to have the quality to be a Man Utd player. He’s physically as great as always but technically leaves a lot to be desired. I’m also surprised people think he played well yesterday, he can’t pass forwards which is usually the requisite for a good performance in my book.

khoazany

I’d look to sell. Might be able to get £5 mill for him and I don’t think he’s ever going to have the quality to be a Man Utd player. He’s physically as great as always but technically leaves a lot to be desired. I’m also surprised people think he played well yesterday, he can’t pass forwards which is usually the requisite for a good performance in my book.
He was ok.

It literally cost us nothing to have him around since he can cover multiple positions and won't whine when he didn't get picked, 5 mil isn't even matter at all.

TrustInJanuzaj

He was ok. I think you need some chill pills honestly. It literally cost us nothing to have him around, 5 mil isn't even matter at all.
Nah that attitude is how we get stuck with average players for nearly 10 years. It is clear based on even the cameos from last season that Fosu Mensah will never make it here, that’s a harsh assessment but also true. If we know that to be true then we should look to sell and whatever the price that’s something we can reinvest into a younger, better player.

Idxomer

I think he'll be a good footballer in the long run, just not with United.

khoazany

Nah that attitude is how we get stuck with average players for nearly 10 years. It is clear based on even the cameos from last season that Fosu Mensah will never make it here, that’s a harsh assessment but also true. If we know that to be true then we should look to sell and whatever the price that’s something we can reinvest into a younger, better player.
The attitude to quickly dismiss a player that has just come back from long-term injury and didn't even give him time to back to the best shape to prove himself is the worse attitude. No "younger, better player" will want to come if people at the club has that kind of mindset. I'm glad that they don't.

mattunited1978

doommonger
I think the penny has finally dropped with Ole, TFM is a central player not a FB.
Exactly, Criminal how he's been used since he came to England, He played well at CB yesterday, not suprising, because he was finally playing a position natural to him.

bdecuc

Played well actually. Very good and composed at cb in the first half. I thought he was ok when he went into cm but the team generally didn’t have as much control in the second half.

I see him as a very capable squad player who can fill in in a few positions. And who’s to say with luck and a year or two with no injuries he might not even step up another level. He’s always had a fair bit of talent.

Exactly, Criminal how he's been used since he came to England, He played well at CB yesterday, not suprising, because he was finally playing a position natural to him.
I feel sorry for him, we've wasted so many years of his development.

TrustInJanuzaj

The attitude to quickly dismiss a player that has just come back from long-term injury and didn't even give him time to back to the best shape to prove himself is the worse attitude. No "younger, better player" will want to come if people at the club has that kind of mindset. I'm glad that they don't.
I'm personally very patient with youth players look at my namesake for christ's sake, but I'm willing to bet good money that Fosu-Mensah isn't good enough for Utd. He lacks the technical fundamentals and has always made up for it through pure physically. His positional play is average and he doesn't really have a set position. We are Man Utd we can't afford to continue giving game time to mediocre talents.

M16Red

Really interested to see what he'd play like in the DM position with more higher class players around him, he was good in the CB position as he has the pace and power to cover Maguire.

He's not most creative, but defensively he has lots of tools. Hope he can say fit.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s at his best at centre back imo. If he could find a club and play a full season there he’d end up highly rated again. He can play right back but it’s never his best position.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think there is quite a few examples of midfielders and CBs who start out as fullbacks. Roy Keane, Sergio Ramos and even Gerrard to mention a few. But I really struggle to remember a player looking average and even poor at fullback turning out very good at central midfield or CB.

Maybe we have stalled his procces a bit playing him out of position. But I really struggle to believe he can make it here.

Robbo*

Really interested to see what he'd play like in the DM position with more higher class players around him, he was good in the CB position as he has the pace and power to cover Maguire.

He's not most creative, but defensively he has lots of tools. Hope he can say fit.
agree - in many respects he’s more natural cover for Matic than Fred or McTominay, although those two are more accomplished midfielders overall.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
yes of course. I hope I’m proved wrong. I want all the youth to make it here. Imagine how his career may have panned out if he’d stayed at Ajax instead. Would he be top level? Would he still be there or playing for another big/small club? He looked to have immense potential when he first came in but I think he got injured at crucial times and that really stunted his development and you need luck as well as talent to break through. Hopefully this season is his season! Sure what am I saying, Matt Judge is probably whipping him up a fresh new 110k per week contract as we speak....
Nah won't be more than 105k a week, of that i'm sure

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Yes he is, but can also fill in at FB if required. Ideal substitute for any back four position, but you're right, he is first and foremost a CB.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Tickles me the amount of Butchers, Bakers and Candlestick makers on the forum who seem to think they know more about player development than some highly regarded Premier League Managers, a raft of talented coaches at United, and the best minds in the Dutch system from u16 level right up to the senior team.

Erm you don't.

M16Red

Tickles me the amount of Butchers, Bakers and Candlestick makers on the forum who seem to think they know more about player development than some highly regarded Premier League Managers, a raft of talented coaches at United, and the best minds in the Dutch system from u16 level right up to the senior team.

Erm you don't.
I'm not his biggest fan, far from it. But he needs to stay injury free.

Status
Not open for further replies.