Timothy Fosu Mensah

PS18

Wonder if he's with the Milk Cup squad to 'bond', as we've seen with a few of the other foreign lads we've brought in in recent years.

Sid234

My understanding is that Mensah has had a medical and signed.

Not officially confirmed as yet.

Interestingly he has followed Ogo Obi on Twitter for what it's worth.
I thought we missed out on him since he signed a contract with his club?

Ringo 07

What be nice if this signing got confirmed....he could be a huge talent to have coming through our ranks

jb8521

He trained with Ajax yesterday so not sure whats going on with him

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Eeexcellent. So that makes three highly rated kids brought in this summer (Borg and Milinkovic being the other two). Between this guy, Tuanzebe, BJ and even young Williams, McGuinness will have some very interesting CB prospects to choose from this season. Lots of talent, lots of athleticism.

van Persie

Wouldn't it be something to still have shit central midfield after spending around €248M the last year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good on the ball? I'd imagine LVG would want that from our young recruits too.

bdecuc

From the videio in this thread of him, he looks like he'd be a great asset alright. Funnily enough though the two young cbs who've been playing for the u-18s recently have looked very good too - Axel Tuanzebe and Roshaun Williams. They've impressed me anyway in the couple of matches on mutv this season. We'd have plenty of options in the u-18s at cb.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
From the videio in this thread of him, he looks like he'd be a great asset alright. Funnily enough though the two young cbs who've been playing for the u-18s recently have looked very good too - Axel Tuanzebe and Roshaun Williams. They've impressed me anyway in the couple of matches on mutv this season. We'd have plenty of options in the u-18s at cb.
Can't Roshaun play in midfield?

bdecuc

Not sure to be honest. Wouldn't surprise me, they've both looked assured when I've seen them. They often get switched around to different positions at that age I presume to give them an all-round experience. Borthwick-Jackson has been playing cm this year and was a cb last...

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Manchester United are giving a medical to Dutch defender Timothy Fosu Mensah ahead of him joining the club from Ajax on a three-year deal.

United have been tracking Mensah for some time and now reports in Holland say a £300,000 deal for the 16-year-old has been agreed, and he’s now having a medical with the club.

Mensah is expected to begin his Red Devils career in the youth team but is tipped to have a very bright future in the game.

Manchester City, Inter Milan and Valencia were previously tracking the player, who can play at centre back or left-back.

khoazany

He has been tried out there before in the lower age groups (as any CB we have in the rank since it's a good position to improve their on the ball ablities) but I think Tuanzebe is more natural in that role.

Back to Mensah I think he might be used extensively in the left back and holding midfield role this season.If we sign both him and Borg we might really have to find a way to promote CBJ to the U21s.Too many defenders (plus the versatile Riley) who all deserve to play.

Last edited:

Ekeke

The video on the previous page makes him look somewhere between Varane and Pogba. Fingers crossed

jb8521

He has been tried out there before in the lower age groups (as any CB we have in the rank since it's a good position to improve their on the ball ablities) but I think Tuanzebe is more natural in that role.

Back to Mensah I think he might be used extensively in the left back and holding midfield role this season.If we sign both him and Borg we might really have to find a way to promote CBJ to the U21s.Too many defenders (plus the versatile Riley) who all deserve to play.
Despite what a couple of reports say he doesn't really play on the left or at least hasn't the few times I've seen him I think its more likely hell play center back or in the role cbj has been playing with cbj moving to left back

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Despite what a couple of reports say he doesn't really play on the left or at least hasn't the few times I've seen him I think its more likely hell play center back or in the role cbj has been playing with cbj moving to left back
I hope you're wrong about that. I really like what I've seen of BJ in midfield this season. And won't Borg be hogging LB anyway? Isn't it possible Williams goes back to the u16s now?

khoazany

I hope you're wrong about that. I really like what I've seen of BJ in midfield this season. And won't Borg be hogging LB anyway? Isn't it possible Williams goes back to the u16s now?
Not a good move to hold back a talent like him he has proved that he can do more than a job at this level.Don't forget we still have Jimmy Dunne who's still out injured.

If everyone's back we will have: Riley,Reid,Warren,Scott,CBJ,Mensah,Tuanzebe,Williams,Dunne,Borg for only maximum 5 slots in the back line.

Last edited:

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Not a good move to hold back a talent like him he has proved that he can do more than a job at this level.Don't forget we still have Jimmy Dunne who still out injured.

If everyone's back we will have: Riley,Reid,Warren,Scott,CBJ,Mensah,Tuanzebe,Williams,Dunne,Borg for only maximum 5 slots in the back line.
He's done very well for a 15-year-old but he hasn't struck me as someone who'd clearly be too good for the u16s. But then I haven't seen all that much of him.

And I'd forgotten all about Dunne. Fook it, send Thorpe on loan, promote BJ (nudge, nudge).

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
What CBs is there in the U21s? Just McNair, Thorpe and McConnell right? Thorpe should be going on loan which means one or two of the U18s should get promoted up.

FromTheBench

He has joined us, i think. Just waiting for International clearance probably.

Don't think we will be making a particular announcement about this. He'll just feature for the U18's at some point when it's sorted.

jb8521

He was at the game under 18 game yesterday sitting on the bench with the subs. Everything has been agreed and his family have been shown around the training ground were just waiting on International clearance which often takes a long time with players this young. Janko's clearance last year didnt come through until October and Pogba and Januzaj's was the same