Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

city-puma

Already in a really awful situation, he just keeps making it even more bad. In this rate, he will very soon do suicidal thing to his football career. I think Chelsea has the sports psychological expert who should have helped him?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Still think he’d be great in United’s or Liverpool’s systems.

When the latter aren’t doing their best Stoke impression, that is. So, probably the 2017-19 Liverpool team.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

When the latter aren’t doing their best Stoke impression, that is. So, probably the 2017-19 Liverpool team.
Nonsense, he’s bang average technically. Was never going to be as good as many people said.

hubbuh

That's just what we need, another inverted forward who can't finish for toffee!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Nonsense, he’s bang average technically. Was never going to be as good as many people said.
He’s certainly not outstanding technically, but he would’ve been a perfect fit into Liverpool’s front three — and it’s highly likely that he also would’ve scored a lot more as he’s clearly a confidence player as well. Why did Chelsea sign him if they weren’t going to play the way he’s used to is another matter — they’re basically downplaying all of his strengths and highlighting his main weakness (technical deficiencies). Their transfer campaign looked very well planned, but Lamps was clearly not a part of that planning for whatever weird reason.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s certainly not outstanding technically, but he would’ve been a perfect fit into Liverpool’s front three — and it’s highly likely that he also would’ve scored a lot more as he’s clearly a confidence player as well. Why did Chelsea sign him if they weren’t going to play the way he’s used to is another matter — they’re basically downplaying all of his strengths and highlighting his main weakness (technical deficiencies). Their transfer campaign looked very well planned, but Lamps was clearly not a part of that planning for whatever weird reason.
I think he would have been okay for Liverpool but not remarkable. Jota is a more talented player for example. I agree they haven’t used him correctly or played to his strengths but I’d argue those strengths aren’t really conductive to a top team where you have to be able to back up some pace with technical attributes.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
This guy looks like a system player that was well suited to the energy drink team and nothing more.

Playing him as a striker will certainly help him to some degree, although I have major doubts if he can play as a lone CF against PL deep blocks. But his misses have nothing to do with whether he's coming from the left or centrally, his finishing has just been rubbish this season.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Say what you will about Werner - and I'm going to do just that: his first touch is as bumby as dropping a bouncy ball on cobblestones, his finishing is deadly only to supporting fans with blood pressure issues, his dribbling is about as elegant, controlled and successful as if you'd throw a ball into the legs of a running spaniel and expected him to beat a top human football defender, and then we all remember how he had to go off the pitch during a CL game in Istanbul, crying because the stadium was too loud - but he IS a very prolific and proficient diver.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Say what you will about Werner - and I'm going to do just that: his first touch is as bumby as dropping a bouncy ball on cobblestones, his finishing is deadly only to supporting fans with blood pressure issues, his dribbling is about as elegant, controlled and successful as if you'd throw a ball into the legs of a running spaniel and expected him to beat a top human football defender, and then we all remember how he had to go off the pitch during a CL game in Istanbul, crying because the stadium was too loud - but he IS a very prolific and proficient diver.
what? :lol:

United58

Is that real? Does he have Asperger's?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I can only assume Werner bummed your mrs.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Don't abuse bayern fans here otherwise dortmund and bayer Leverkusen fans in caf will abuse you. They work in unison.
His strange obsession with Werner is baffling.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
4 goals in 21 PL appearances

He's only scored in 3 PL games all season

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He's terrible. Actively runs away from the goal when on the ball.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't see what they have to lose by getting rid tonight. Get Rafa in as interim [or permanent if they fancy him] and start building again. Or don't, keep the rest of us entertained.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I noticed that a couple of times, he looked happy for his first touch to take him wide and lay it off to somebody else.
Had a bet on which required him to take one shot on target. Just one.

Watched him with a keen eye and he was more interested getting chalk on his boots then getting in on goal.

Doesn't look a striker which is mad considering his record before Chelsea.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I don't see what they have to lose by getting rid tonight. Get Rafa in as interim [or permanent if they fancy him] and start building again. Or don't, keep the rest of us entertained.
Wrong thread?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The Bundesliga is so poor in comparison to the PL.