Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

Joel Miller

When I heard that link mentioned tonight I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. It was really difficult to watch him at Chelsea because he was so inept and you could really see the self belief drain out of him with every game.

Mike Smalling

Do Chelsea rejects get access to some kind of God Tier agent service as part of their farewell gift?

If Timo Werner does end up here, I would be at a loss for words. It’d be like getting Weghorst all over again.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This is one of those shit transfers that break the immersion in football manager.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Do Chelsea rejects get access to some kind of God Tier agent service as part of their farewell gift?

If Timo Werner does end up here, I would be at a loss for words. It’d be like getting Weghorst all over again.
I'm no fan of Werner but he's wastly better than Weghorst.

ForeverRed1

We don’t need more stocking fillers! Our squad is currently full with them. We need game changers, players that are going to come in and bridge that massive gap between us and the top. We got plenty of squad players. Most our players should be that. 4/5 top class players and we suddenly have a really really good team.

go for the best. Osimhen will 100% be available in the summer, with Chelsea looking favourites. Osimhen and hojlund is very good with massive potential.puts us up there in my opinion (if we can also sort out the wingers).

Jeffthered

If this is to replace Sancho, and Antony (who is clearly out of favour..) as another forward, then I would take him. He works hard and has some ability, quality even. But he's not top. top level.. but he could be a very astute squad addition, for the second half of a long season. We haven't a reliable, functioning forward line..

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I guess it's embarrassing to admit but I thought he'd be good for us when he left Chelsea. Brings pace, energy and pressing but woeful composure.

That said, once Martial gets his weekly muscle injury, he'd be literally the only other striker in the squad. So in the absence of a youth player, I'm in.

Patchbeard

Surely this is bullsnit.

I was worried he would tear it up at Chelsea with his reputation, international record at the time and the season he had just had. Thought they had got a bargain, albeit based on hearsay rather than actually watching him.

Thankfully myself and whoever I had been listening to were completely wrong.

Oranges038

Last year a lot were full of praise for Carthorst before he came in and he was garbage.

This time, it seems Werner is being bashed even at the thought of this transfer happening.

The logical conclusion is that if this does happen, Werner will bang in the goals.

Spark

This would be the most United transfer ever.

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if he came here.

feck sake.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Last year a lot were full of praise for Carthorst before he came in and he was garbage.

This time, it seems Werner is being bashed even at the thought of this transfer happening.

The logical conclusion is that if this does happen, Werner will bang in the goals.
Reverse shitology

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Please god know. I remember arguing before he went to Chelsea that he was massively overrated and would flop.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
A few days ago there where some reports about Real Madrid being interested in him (due to Vinicius Junior's injury), so United doesn't seem to be the only big club at least thinking about signing him

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Surely this is bullsnit.

I was worried he would tear it up at Chelsea with his reputation, international record at the time and the season he had just had. Thought they had got a bargain, albeit based on hearsay rather than actually watching him.

Thankfully myself and whoever I had been listening to were completely wrong.
I watched both him and Havertz when they were playing in the BL and was fearful that Chelsea had secured themselves two of the best striking talents in Europe at the time. I don't think it's beyond the realms of belief that Werner in the right system couldn't be a good asset for us. When I think about Rashford and Martial especially. A Weghorst with pace and a finishing ability in need of rediscovering.

Patchbeard

I watched both him and Havertz when they were playing in the BL and was fearful that Chelsea had secured themselves two of the best striking talents in Europe at the time. I don't think it's beyond the realms of belief that Werner in the right system couldn't be a good asset for us. When I think about Rashford and Martial especially. A Weghorst with pace and a finishing ability in need of rediscovering.
He just seems too similar to those two though positionally, as in he likes drifting to the left and cutting in. If you could combine all of his good assets with Martial's composure in front of goal you would have a great player, but it's not really worth a punt in the hope he can miraculously improve his finishing, given our track record with forwards and finishing.

Lyng

I really dont see this happening. He is a shadow of the player he was before he went to the club where strikers turn to shite. He seems to be struggling alot with fitness and injuries after returning to Leipzig as well.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He just seems too similar to those two though positionally, as in he likes drifting to the left and cutting in. If you could combine all of his good assets with Martial's composure in front of goal you would have a great player, but it's not really worth a punt in the hope he can miraculously improve his finishing, given our track record with forwards and finishing.
Perhaps there's work happening to offload the two of them in Jan?! Martial needs to move on and Rashford might still net us a decent return. I have had it with him and his half hearted work rate.

breezy12

Well that's the thing, what system have we got? We literally play some of the worst football right now in the league. Patterns of play are in the toilet. If hoijlund barely gets any service what makes you think Werner would. If the transfer rumors are true somebody at the club needs to go to a mental hospital

Jeffthered

Additional loan, maybe yes because we need the numbers in. How many forwards (that are decent, play, have the right attitude etc..) do we currently have? But permanent signing, no.

But, our scouting system seems pretty poor.You have teams picking up decent players from across Europe, South East Asia, Africa... we don't even seem close to being on that level and I have no idea why? It's like ETH has a closed mind to sourcing players. Werner is a hard-working player, brings pace and will stretch teams.. but there must be a few players like that.

Man Utd seem such a closed place for transfers... we over pay for players, or we get people in, while we are panicking. It's extremely disappointing. Look at Doku at City. He's not a 'new emerging' talent. Szoboszlai too. That's just good scouting. We don't seem to be on that page and that's an ETH thing. He's too stubborn.

cyberman

Additional loan, maybe yes because we need the numbers in. How many forwards (that are decent, play, have the right attitude etc..) do we currently have? But permanent signing, no.

But, our scouting system seems pretty poor.You have teams picking up decent players from across Europe, South East Asia, Africa... we don't even seem close to being on that level and I have no idea why? It's like ETH has a closed mind to sourcing players. Werner is a hard-working player, brings pace and will stretch teams.. but there must be a few players like that.

Man Utd seem such a closed place for transfers... we over pay for players, or we get people in, while we are panicking. It's extremely disappointing. Look at Doku at City. He's not a 'new emerging' talent. Szoboszlai too. That's just good scouting. We don't seem to be on that page and that's an ETH thing. He's too stubborn.
Szoboszlai Cost 70m did he not? And I’m not sure about Doku at all, especially at left wing where we are already stacked and he cost 50m odd?!

Traub

He hasn't played in Netherlands so it won't happen. We can all relax.

CM

Won't be worse than Mount.
I actually think he would be though. I didn't want us to sign Mount because it was a stupid idea to spend that amount of money on a player who doesn't balance well with Casemiro and Fernandes, but he at least demonstrated some level of talent for Chelsea before we signed him.

Werner is a forward who fundamentally can't finish, seems to be a bit of a shrinking violet and his preference is to play either through the middle or from the left, where we already have two players better than him in each position. I can't see any world where this transfer would work out well for us. Everything about that potential transfer feels wrong.

Jeffthered

Szoboszlai Cost 70m did he not? And I’m not sure about Doku at all, especially at left wing where we are already stacked and he cost 50m odd?!
I didn't make any reference to cost, that's not my point. My point is about ETH's ability to scout, target, identify players.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I didn't make any reference to cost, that's not my point. My point is about ETH's ability to scout, target, identify players.
I don't get why signing a player from Leipzig is great scouting (Szoboszlai) but signing a player from Leipzig is terrible scouting (Werner)

gazbradley

Wasn’t Mount Liverpools first choice ahead of Szoboszlai?
And ETH shouldn’t be scouting at a club the size of ours