Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

Son

It’s embarassing we have to opt in for these loan or free strikers every single season. They are trash players for the most part.

United seem to splurge a tonne on everyone so we are like yeah we need a striker still. Happens every single year without fail. Get the dude from China or the 40 year old on 500k a week.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I really liked Werner. It would be so annoying to see him in a fecking ugly Tottenham shirt.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Curious to see if Ange-ball will make him better than his Chelsea version. Pretty low risk move for Spurs

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Curious to see if Ange-ball will make him better than his Chelsea version. Pretty low risk move for Spurs
I'm pretty happy with it even if he just provides pace and pressing for the front line.

That said the club should provide helmets and goggles for everyone in the stands if his Chelsea form was anything to go by.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Is it not a little ironic that while media was assuring us that Timo Werner is being shoved down the United fans throats even though many didn't want him.... he was quietly signed by Spurs :D

I guess we can now stop being enraged by the offense of signing Timo fecking Werner and enjoy our signing of ... maybe nobody?

croadyman

Is it not a little ironic that while media was assuring us that Timo Werner is being shoved down the United fans throats even though many didn't want him.... he was quietly signed by Spurs :D

I guess we can now stop being enraged by the offense of signing Timo fecking Werner and enjoy our signing of ... maybe nobody?
We could well feel an immediate impact

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Question is not whether Werner was good enough for United/Spurs. People listen way too much to stupid opinion-building pundits like Burley or Nicol.

Let´s put some "peak" stats to it....

Champions League stats:

Werner 43 games / 17 goals (0.39) / 7 assists (0.16)

Rashford 33 games / 12 goals (0.36) / 5 assists (0.15)
Antony 15 games / 3 goals (0.20) / 4 assists (0.26)
Martial 40 games / 6 goals (0.15) / 6 assists (0.15)

Werner (Chelsea) 89 games / 23 goals (0.26) / 21 assists (0.24)
Werner (Chelsea/Leipzig/Stuttgart) 346 games / 125 goals (0.36) / 67 assists (0.19)

Rashford (United) 383 games / 126 goals (0.33) / 73 assists (0.19)
Martial (United) 317 games / 90 goals (0.28) / 55 assists ( (0.17)
Antony (United) 65 games / 8 goals (0.12) / 3 assists (0.04)

Overall Werner´s numbers are eerily similar to Rashford, slightly superior.

As a workhorse, assist man and press initiator Werner would have been a reasonable gamble as a loan + cheap buy option. Question is what is going on with him mentally/physically right now. He has been very poor for Leipzig recently.

As a United fan, I´d be encouraged that the new people in charge base their decisions on stats and value, rather than what ESPN pundits think. You´d think Chelsea fluked their whole CL run, when you hear people talk about Mount, Werner and Havertz. They bring a lot of the intangibles you need to be successful: workrate, unselfish, tactical smarts and discipline, plus sufficient end product in a working system.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Makes sense from a bodies perspective but considering beyond Son, one of the main problems with the forward line is lack of clinical finishing.....not sure this is the man to rectify this really.

Supports
Chelsea
He worked hard and had good movement, but probably his best attribute was playing those perfectly weighted cross passes for someone to tap in when he ran in behind. Other than that, he wasn’t a very good player at all. Don’t listen to the Chelsea fans who would convince you that outside of goals he was great.
I've seen Spurs get in these situations numerous times this season, seems to be what they build towards when attacking. Could be good for them for that reason despite his flaws.

And just because he might be good for Spurs doesn't mean Utd have missed a trick in not signing him.

crossy1686

career ending
Losing out on Werner is great for a couple of reasons.

1. He's no where near good enough for us or the PL.
2. If we were interested and trying to get the deal done it's another level of incompetence, while under massive scrutiny from the new owners, from the current dickheads who shouldn't be working in managerial roles at your local Tesco.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can’t say I’m pissed about this. A year ago I’d have trusted that Ten Hag sees something we don’t, but signing the likes of Amrabat will do funny things to perception.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Losing out on Werner is great for a couple of reasons.

1. He's no where near good enough for us or the PL.
2. If we were interested and trying to get the deal done it's another level of incompetence, while under massive scrutiny from the new owners, from the current dickheads who shouldn't be working in managerial roles at your local Tesco.
But he's good enough for a team who are above us in the league right?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Backup bench player for Spurs, doesn't seem much of a risk for them as it is a loan. With Son away at the Asian cup who is he competing with at Spurs? With Kulusevski playing through the middle a bit recently, Johnson and Gil if they opt to play him out wide, or Richarlison through the middle. Is he an upgrade over them? Maybe over Gil, probably on par with the other 2.

MrBest

I'm gutted we didn't get him. I think his work eaten is needed at this club and can play wide. A loan is low risk, think we missed out on a decent signing in a tough window, especially when we have no funds.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Backup bench player for Spurs, doesn't seem much of a risk for them as it is a loan. With Son away at the Asian cup who is he competing with at Spurs? With Kulusevski playing through the middle a bit recently, Johnson and Gil if they opt to play him out wide, or Richarlison through the middle. Is he an upgrade over them? Maybe over Gil, probably on par with the other 2.
This forum is obsessed with players for the bench.

Almost every signing for United I see multiple posts claiming this. Now it's the same for the opposition teams. Madness.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
This forum is obsessed with players for the bench.

Almost every signing for United I see multiple posts claiming this. Now it's the same for the opposition teams. Madness.
I see Werner as being on par with Richarlison or Johnson, better than Gil however, so he will be in rotation with those players from the bench. He certainly is not better than Son, so for me will not be a guaranteed starter. They brought in Solomon for this exact role but he is out with a long term injury I believe.

always_hoping

Another OG by the English media with strongly linking Werner to Man United with their sources. Meanwhile was Werner to Tottenham even mention as a possible move before it happened?

redshaw

Hope he's terrible but I feel he'll be quite good with how they create chances and help secure Spurs top 4.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
can’t wait to watch Richarlison and Werner together for comedic reasons
In fairness to Richarlison he's looked decent post surgery and has been banging them in recently.

That's not to say I think he's a top shelf forward but, he's really not been bad at all.

Mike Smalling

I don't really get why everyone is so hot for this guy (i.e. Spurs and allegedly United). He failed in the PL and his current employer is happy to send him out on loan.

Why on earth is he in such demand?
Extra warm body for a busy period and many teams are struggling with injuries and squad depth?
For all his faults he does strike me as someone that works hard and follows instructions.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't really get why everyone is so hot for this guy (i.e. Spurs and allegedly United). He failed in the PL and his current employer is happy to send him out on loan.

Why on earth is he in such demand?
Look, he's good on Fifa alright.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah we will see, I have a feeling he'll be alright at Spurs.
One thing I'm absolutely certain about is that people are always optimistic about signings despite there being very little evidence for it. I'm still waiting for Richarlison, Nunez, Martial, Jesus, Mudryk etc to come good. Werner is the same, he simply doesn't possess the ability or desire to make it in the PL, or probably outside of Germany, which is exactly why he's being offered on loan from Leipzig and absolutely no one is biting...

Zed is not dead

I'm calling it now.

Werner scored 6-10 goals before the season is out and the CAF goes into an almight meltdown!

"We can't even get Timo Werner! Opportunity missed! He was right there for the taking! We're so fecking skint, and inept! Piece of crap club!"
It’s starting

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
One thing I'm absolutely certain about is that people are always optimistic about signings despite there being very little evidence for it. I'm still waiting for Richarlison, Nunez, Martial, Jesus, Mudryk etc to come good. Werner is the same, he simply doesn't possess the ability or desire to make it in the PL, or probably outside of Germany, which is exactly why he's being offered on loan from Leipzig and absolutely no one is biting...
He isn't even making it inside of Germany currently, which is why he was available now.