Toby Alderweireld

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Chatting to a work colleague and he was saying the Spurs lot seem to think this is done and dusted for £60 mil or so

Patrick08

Won't happen unless Martial is part of the deal. Your manager is doing you no good moaning in the press everyday as this just strengthens Levy hand in the deal as your options are becoming less and less.

Both players want to leave their clubs so its in your court, name your price for Martial and we will tell you what we want for Toby. I would imagine it will involve us paying you £10m ish.
:lol:

Do they seriously believe that in Spurs camp?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Won't happen unless Martial is part of the deal. Your manager is doing you no good moaning in the press everyday as this just strengthens Levy hand in the deal as your options are becoming less and less.

Both players want to leave their clubs so its in your court, name your price for Martial and we will tell you what we want for Toby. I would imagine it will involve us paying you £10m ish.
You know literally the exact same thing can be said to you?

What you have neglected to say though is while we as a club dont want to sell Martial to another English club and Martial certainly has no desire to go to one Spurs on the other hand have never once briefed anyone that they dont want to sell Alderweireld to us and the player over the weekend has made it known he wants to come

This is one occasion where Levy certainly doesn't hold all the cards

Grande

Martial is worth double of what Alderweireld is, taking into account age and contract situation.
Worth is not so relevant to likelyhood.

Do you think Levy is likely to let Alderweireld go to United for much less than £65m?

Do you think United is likely to get much more than £75m for Martial at this point?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Do you think Levy is likely to let Alderweireld go to United for much less than £65m?

Do you think United is likely to get much more than £75m for Martial at this point?
You've just pointed out the impasse as to why it's taken so long. Someone will have to climb down and I expect it to be Spurs.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Levy isn't getting more than €35m for Alderweireld outside EPL.

United could reasonably get €60-70m from several clubs in Europe for Martial.

Patrick08

Yes we could get 100 m plus if we sell to Chelsea if Hazard moves to Madrid for even bigger fee, the fee in Dembele category. But Martial is going no where thus united ain't bothered about him doing like Sanchez with arsenal.

WPMUFC

['Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws claims Manchester United have been interested in Tottenham Hotspur’s Toby Alderweireld since last winter.']

['The 29-year-old has already rejected an opportunity to sign the new deal and he ‘absolutely wants to leave Spurs’.']

but his employer has an option of extending it by one more year and he doesn’t want to let that happen.

['The two clubs are yet to reach a final agreement and Alderweireld’s future is in the hands of his chairman Daniel Levy and Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.']

http://sportwitness.co.uk/alderweir...-man-united-absolutely-wants-leave-tottenham/
:drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yes we could get 100 m plus if we sell to Chelsea if Hazard moves to Madrid for even bigger fee, the fee in Dembele category. But Martial is going no where thus united ain't bothered about him doing like Sanchez with arsenal.
There's absolutely no way Chelsea will cough up more than £100m for Martial.

gajender

Levy certainly drives a hard bargain but at the end of the day he is a businessman and he is not an idiot who would simply take loss of 20/30 million on a player because he wants to seen as hard negotiator who got one up Manchester United if Alderweireld is priority target for United expect deal to go through between 50-55 million .

WPMUFC

Supposedly very reliable with info on Belgian players
HLN/Kristof Terreur are Tier 1 for all Belgian players. Really good news for us. They are basically suggesting that Toby is trying to force the move. Toby + Woodward should get this done by deadline day.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

See, your biggest problem is that no-one even knows if Martial wants to play for Spurs. You all assume he does but that's just a baseless assumption, he's not going to force his way out of United for Spurs when he could have teams like Bayern on the table, for all we know he can't stand the thought of playing for you and that's why negotiations for Toby have properly begun.

Red Devil Rising

That tweet not really telling us anything we don't already know.

We know he doesn't want to stay.

We know negotiations would be between Woodward and Levy.

Pointless tweet.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Hm. I somehow expect more stingyness from Levy than Woody in such a situation.
I have no doubt about his stingyness, but if it's the difference between him getting 50m/60m now or 25m in Jan - not sure how he can not take it. The release clause is the only difference between the two different situation really, so there it's much more likely he'll be the one climbing down as he stands to lose more.

Grande

I have no doubt about his stingyness, but if it's the difference between him getting 50m/60m now or 25m in Jan - not sure how he can not take it. The release clause is the only difference between the two different situation really, so there it's much more likely he'll be the one climbing down as he stands to lose more.
Exactly. £55/60m wouldn’t surprise me. £45m would, though.

Likewise, I’ll be surprised if we find a buyer for Martial this window who will go much above £70/75m with his recent history and current situation. That may be very tempting to take. Regardless of what I may think he is ‘worth’. If he is immature, sulky and the manager doesn’t like him, his value is only going to deteriorate a year on, and his presence will be disturbing. Bit of guesswork, of course. Maybe he changes his mind and knuckles down.

Edwin the Red

With him I dont see many players getting past the red wall very easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janson

100m plus for Martial? No one in their right mind would pay that.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Exactly. £55/60m wouldn’t surprise me. £45m would, though.

Likewise, I’ll be surprised if we find a buyer for Martial this window who will go much above £70/75m with his recent history and current situation. That may be very tempting to take. Regardless of what I may think he is ‘worth’. If he is immature, sulky and the manager doesn’t like him, his value is only going to deteriorate a year on, and his presence will be disturbing. Bit of guesswork, of course. Maybe he changes his mind and knuckles down.
I mean the issue is though we supposedly offered £50m earlier in the window, I'm not sure why we would have any reason to up our bid.

I don't think we will sell Martial this window and even if we do, we can do it comfortably after the 9th Aug - without EPL clubs trying to ruffle feathers. If he wants to waste 2 years of development, to leave on a free, that's up to him - wouldn't be a wise move mind you.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
As a dutchie who watched Alderweireld at Ajax i'd never thought he could once end up at United. To be honest, i wasnt a big fan of him but he developed into a solid defender. At 30 he could still provide a good 3-4 years of stability next to a younger defender.

Grande

I mean the issue is though we supposedly offered £50m earlier in the window, I'm not sure why we would have any reason to up our bid.

I don't think we will sell Martial this window and even if we do, we can do it comfortably after the 9th Aug - without EPL clubs trying to ruffle feathers. If he wants to waste 2 years of development, to leave on a free, that's up to him - wouldn't be a wise move mind you.
Could happen, yes, but as you say, unwise of him and probably for us too. We will get much more for him if the PL teams aren’t positively excluded from the bidding round, though. I speculate that if Mou convinves Woody that he is mentally uncapable to reach top levels, we’ll sell him to a PL team still, while if Woody don’t buy that, he might decide to sit on him a while and see if the next manager can get more out of him. Guessing wildly now.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Could happen, yes, but as you say, unwise of him and probably for us too. We will get much more for him if the PL teams aren’t positively excluded from the bidding round, though. I speculate that if Mou convinves Woody that he is mentally uncapable to reach top levels, we’ll sell him to a PL team still, while if Woody don’t buy that, he might decide to sit on him a while and see if the next manager can get more out of him. Guessing wildly now.
Yeah, I see what you're saying, I just can not see us selling a 22 year old we bought for 50m back into a direct rival, unless it was like Everton. Certainly not to a direct rival.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
aye, indeed. But let's even let Zouma slide as a bad signing and one that he didn't really brought in the first team. The rest are hardly something to beat him with.

Also Alex had a pretty good season at Hiddink from memory and was scored some important goals in the CL as well that year reaching the SF's.
Yep, I was actually gonna mention that Alex was decent. Definitely more "good" than a flop.

jem

I think our transfer activity has been underwhelming, but Aldeweireld would be a massive addition, in my opinion. It just seems to make too much sense for all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.