Toby Alderweireld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray3007

He is going to be sold anyway. He does not want to sign a contract at Spurs and that says enough.
only because spurs weren't willing to pay him what he wants. don't think was anything really to do with the club.

TheReligion

Abusive
We are still guaranteed £25M we bought him for a whole lot less. Plus that wasn’t the point you were making about an unhappy player.

I don’t get your point, if you won’t sell a player to us, who wants out, why should we to you?
Because you'll lose yours for next to nothing in the next few months?

United under no pressure to sell. You are.

haram

Says enough what? That we should just bend over and sell him to United?
Accepting a reasonable offer is not bending over. He doesn’t want to be at your club.

only because spurs weren't willing to pay him what he wants. don't think was anything really to do with the club.
Yeah I’m sure he wants to stay at the prestigious Tottenham when teams like Manchester United are chasing him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Because you'll lose yours for next to nothing in the next few months?

United under no pressure to sell. You are.
We would like to sell at a fee that Levy wants to, I have no idea what other offers Toby has? Do you? I’ve said this for a month now, I expected Toby to be at United, I’m trying to think of reasons why he isn’t?

TheReligion

Abusive
I'd be surprised if we don't sell him to you today but I think the issue is, we really really want Martial and United are simply refusing to sell to us and because of that, we are refusing to sell you Toby. Levy is playing the game to see how desperate you really are, and if that desperation to get that CB will finally see you agree to sell us Martial as the hours tick down.

Levy knows Mourinho really want Toby and I think is happy to see Martial go the other way but your board don't want to sell Martial to us. Something has to give.

Personally I'd be very very upset if we sold Toby and didn't get Martial, not because of Toby going, but because we didn't get Martial. He's the one signing I really wanted this summer. Also because it would mean United ultimately got one over on us.
You won't be getting Martial. There's no indication he even wants to play for Spurs and you'd need to add about £30m plus Toby for us to even consider it.

Not only that but Martial wont move until we have a replacement (that's if he does even move and it's not just posturing for a new contract offer).

With Toby we can just wait it out and get him anyway.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Accepting a reasonable offer is not bending over. He doesn’t want to be at your club.

Yeah I’m sure he wants to stay at the prestigious Tottenham when teams like Manchester United are chasing him.
What’s a reasonable offer? Awww poor Toby.... didums, signed the contract Happily for the stated contract length. As far as I’m aware he has handed in no transfer request.

TheReligion

Abusive
We would like to sell at a fee that Levy wants to, I have no idea what other offers Toby has? Do you? I’ve said this for a month now, I expected Toby to be at United, I’m trying to think of reasons why he isn’t?
Number of reasons. Main one is likely money. United won't be mugged off especially when they know they can pick him up for a bargain in a few months. We have no need to panic or sell you Martial.

Murray3007

yeah because we have been so great this last 5 years eh ?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You won't be getting Martial. There's no indication he even wants to play for Spurs and you'd need to add about £30m plus Toby for us to even consider it.

Not only that but Martial wont move until we have a replacement (that's if he does even move and it's not just posturing for a new contract offer).

Lol posturing for a contract, did you hear what his agent said? Finding him for wanting to be with his new born, I’m sure he’s itching to sign.

cyberman

So if Juve or Munich came in for a bid for Martial? He isn’t transfer listed no, but it’s pretty public he isn’t happy at United.
Haven't we turned down approaches from those very two clubs?
I think Dortmund were mentioned as well.
Spurs fans are taking this so personally

Murray3007

has Martial not all ready rejected united's contract offer ? think its more about playing time then just Money with Martial.

Patrick08

Its the bigger game though- if we accept it now and in the future you (or another club) want one of our players and wait it out we will accept a lower fee. The players know they wont have to see their contract out etc.

Yes we lose the £15M but if it stops the same thing in the future its worthwhile (he cant walk next season for free) - I would be looking internally for blame as we told you the price and have not moved, your lot should have found another option or just paid up.
It does not stop in the future as well. The players know to run down their contracts if they want to move.

haram

What’s a reasonable offer? Awww poor Toby.... didums, signed the contract Happily for the stated contract length. As far as I’m aware he has handed in no transfer request.
Levy is more interested in his reputation of being a hard negotiator than anything else. Enjoy the new stadium and no signings.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Haven't we turned down approaches from those very two clubs?
I think Dortmund were mentioned as well.
Spurs fans are taking this so personally
Personally? What did I say to make you think that? Again I expected him to be at United, I don’t really care.

TheReligion

Abusive
Lol posturing for a contract, did you hear what his agent said? Finding him for wanting to be with his new born, I’m sure he’s itching to sign.
Again you have no evidence of him being fined anything just media talk. Martial has not said anything and his agent even mentioned the contract negotiations when he said about him leaving. I wouldn't be so sure it's all not linked.

The long and short of it is unless we get a replacement he's going nowhere. We invested alot of money and he's got 2 years on his contract. We have no need to sell him and he's not suggested he'd like to leave himself or that he's interested in playing for Spurs.

Jinn

Keep him...the goalposts will change in 5 months. He might not even be on our radar then.

Roons111

Supports
spurs
It does not stop in the future as well. The players know to run down their contracts if they want to move.
Yes they will - either the buying club pays our asking price or the player runs down their contract. Think we are happy with that for example this Toby situation would not have happened as you would know we are willing to let him go.

It may make contract talks (ex. with Eriksen) more difficult but that's the next hurdle, as it is I was always surprised we managed to get players to sign extensions without release clauses but we have always managed to.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This thread will reach 100 pages by 2.00 pm.

150 by 6.00 pm.

8756 by 11.59 pm.

Hold on to your hats, it's gonna be a rollercoaster ride of emotions.

TheReligion

Abusive
Quick check of google suggest's otherwise, cant see why United would stop negotiations to be honest.
Because we signed Sanchez.

"United want Anthony to extend his deal and do not want him to leave but we have not reached an agreement for several months.

“I think that when Manchester United, the most powerful club in the world, do not find an agreement after eight months of negotiations then they do not really want to keep such an important player in their squad. That’s why this decision has come"

From his agent. He wants a better contact and was unhappy its taken a while to get it.

Naz

Supports
Man City

He will not be worth it in 12 months time.

Murray3007

Because we signed Sanchez.

"United want Anthony to extend his deal and do not want him to leave but we have not reached an agreement for several months.

“I think that when Manchester United, the most powerful club in the world, do not find an agreement after eight months of negotiations then they do not really want to keep such an important player in their squad. That’s why this decision has come"

From his agent. He wants a better contact and was unhappy its taken a while to get it.
so what your really saying is Martial rejected united's offer despite a couple of posts ago you saying he never ?

TheReligion

Abusive
so what your really saying is Martial rejected united's offer despite a couple of posts ago you saying he never ?
United stopped negotiations and then delayed them. Martials agent then came out with this.

You can believe what you like but the very fact his agent has gone on a rant about the contract suggests to me that the damage can be repaired. Basically his nose has been put out and he doesn't feel loved.

Would not be surprised to see him sign a new deal.

Murray3007

United stopped negotiations and then delayed them. Martials agent then came out with this.

You can believe what you like but the very fact his agent has gone on a rant about the contract suggests to me that the damage can be repaired. Basically his nose has been put out and he doesn't feel loved.

Would not be surprised to see him sign a new deal.
lol ok then

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham

It's quite clear to every man and his dog that Martial wants out. He's also pining for Spurs. He'd jump at the chance to play under Poch and get regular football. It's mental to think he wants to waste his career away as a bit part player at United like he is currently.

You won't be able to wait it out and get Toby anyway. It's a whole season away. Plus when he is available for £25 million I'm sure it won't just be United after him next summer. Anyway Levy may be banking on interest from Spanish clubs later this window and we will just sell him there.

We will just take him for cheap in Jan
No, you can't. You obviously have no idea about his situation.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's quite clear to every man and his dog that Martial wants out. He's also pining for Spurs. He'd jump at the chance to play under Poch and get regular football. It's mental to think he wants to waste his career away as a bit part player at United like he is currently.

You won't be able to wait it out and get Toby anyway. It's a whole season away. Plus when he is available for £25 million I'm sure it won't just be United after him next summer. Anyway Levy may be banking on interest from Spanish clubs later this window and we will just sell him there.

Martial is pining for Spurs? Quotes/evidence? There is none. You're just making things up rather than looking at facts. Totally subjective.

If Toby wants to stay in England he'll move to United. That's based on logic. He's in the driving seat and if he wants United, like all media outlets suggest, we will take him for a pittance next year.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

There's not a player on earth who's pining for Spurs, christ almighty who the hell do you think you are :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.