Toby Alderweireld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
I do not understand. We want the player? Yes. So, pay the money Levi wants ffs. I don't care if is worth the fee, our manager think that, I trust him, Will he improve us? Yes. Just pay what they want. The future is now.

Roons111

Supports
spurs
Hopefully we get a pre contract on him to pick him up in the summer for cheap
English clubs can not get pre contracts from other English clubs players until the end of the season and then only if he is out of contract. (if he was out of contract he could have a pre-contract in February with clubs outside the UK - he is not out of contract however so it is moot.)

WPMUFC

I do not understand. We want the player? Yes. So, pay the money Levi wants ffs. I don't care if is worth the fee, our manager think that, I trust him, Will he improve us? Yes. Just pay what they want. The future is now.
Because the club briefing to the BBC made it clear. Woodward and the board won't spend big on older signings now. They don't care what jose wants. They have a limit and if they don't see "value" :lol: then they won't buy.

It's probably a bigger indicator that the board no longer trusts Jose, but for now i'm deluding myself to assume they are just being penny-pinchers.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Thanks to Spurs fans for getting a laugh out of United fans on a grim deadline day :lol:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Because the club briefing to the BBC made it clear. Woodward and the board won't spend big on older signings now. They don't care what jose wants. They have a limit and if they don't see "value" :lol: then they won't buy.
If that's really the case then Jose is through. His whole modus is to sign older players who will put up with his bullsh#t without bursting into tears.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This probably won't happen. But clubs discuss players without receiving bids.

Patrick220571

Would clubs outside of England be able to sign a pre contract agreement with Toby in January, as technically, he would be out of contract at the end of next season? Or would Tottenham be able to activate the additional year and force the (pre contract) buyer to pay £25 million, even if they activated the additional year after he had signed his pre contract with another club?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This is definitely a deal we should have had over the line, no excuses here and he would have been worth £55m in a world where average players are going for £40m.

Would clubs outside of England be able to sign a pre contract agreement with Toby in January, as technically, he would be out of contract at the end of next season? Or would Tottenham be able to activate the additional year and force the (pre contract) buyer to pay £25 million, even if they activated the additional year after he had signed his pre contract with another club?
Toby is out of contract next summer (2019), unless Spurs activate the one year extension, and at that point he will have a release clause of £25m from summer 2019.

So yes a foreign club could sign a pre-contract with him, but only if Spurs do not activate the 1 year extension, which clearly they will.

AR87

This is definitely a deal we should have had over the line, no excuses here and he would have been worth £55m in a world where average players are going for £40m.
United offered that much for him before the World Cup and Levy turned it down. I have a bigger problem with not getting in any other CB and clearing out deadwood from the squad than I do with not giving in to Levy's demands for a 29 year old who doesn't want to be there, Poch doesn't want and can be had for 25m next summer.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We are waiting to snap him up on 50% off.
A year is a long time in football, if he goes another season without playing (he wont because he will be sold this window) a 30 year old who's barely played in 2 years definitely would a high risk signing even at 25m (plus we know these release clause buys are never as simple as they appear to be)

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
United offered that much for him before the World Cup and Levy turned it down. I have a bigger problem with not getting in any other CB and clearing out deadwood from the squad than I do with not giving in to Levy's demands for a 29 year old who doesn't want to be there, Poch doesn't want and can be had for 25m next summer.
Well it depends who you listen to really because several reports indiciate we haven’t bid for him at all, others say we offered around £40m. Next summer is irrelevant, we have a whole season to play right now and we need a leader at the back.

Patrick08

The game between levy and Ed is on about who blinks first i guess. This is going into last hour of the window.

Devil may care

It's ridiculous that we've gotten all the way to deadline day, have addressed next to nothing and are now sending out R2D2 with a "Toby-Wan Kenobi you're only hope!.....at the right price" message.

Big Andy

Bloke
The game between levy and Ed is on about who blinks first i guess. This is going into last hour of the window.
but then you have medicals and personal terms to agree and all the paperwork to sign...

If nowt is happening now, it's not happening...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It's ridiculous that we've gotten all the way to deadline day, have addressed next to nothing and are now sending out R2D2 with a "Toby-Wan Kenobi you're only hope!.....at the right price" message.
Oh comeon, we've got the Brazilian cheerleader from the Ukrainian league, the new Andy Goram and some kid from Porto's youths. What's more to expect out of this transfer window?

Patrick08

but then you have medicals and personal terms to agree and all the paperwork to sign...

It can be done later too, the papers have to be submitted before the deadline and then you can get extra time to complete following procedures.

99withaflake

Medical can take place after the deadline. Personal terms easy to agree and can take less than an hour when a players wants to come and paperwork prepared. All about the fee which can go down to the wire. Needs to be some movement by 4pm I’d say. Massive game of bluff.

99withaflake

Oh comeon, we've got the Brazilian cheerleader from the Ukrainian league, the new Andy Goram and some kid from Porto's youths. What's more to expect out of this transfer window?
Is that a copy/paste post? I’m sure I saw the phrase “Brazilian cheerleader” on the internet earlier. Can’t remember where.

devilish

Is that a copy/paste post? I’m sure I saw the phrase “Brazilian cheerleader” on the internet earlier. Can’t remember where.
could be but in that case someone is plagiarising me.

devilish

Ruud van Nistelrooy was 25 when he joined United. He hadn’t played in a top tier league. Most fans were pretty excited when he joined.
The Dutch league of the time was much much much better then the Ukrainian league. PSV alone had produced at least 2 WC players in that generation (RVN and Stam) who were the best in their role in the EPL. What had the Ukrainian league ever produced apart from Sheva?

trezeguet

Supports
Spartak Trnava
Dont think negotiations between two football clubs are as easy as some people think. Plus Levy is a strange character.

BarstoolProphet

The Dutch league of the time was much much much better then the Ukrainian league. PSV alone had produced at least 2 WC players in that generation (RVN and Stam) who were the best in their role in the EPL. What had the Ukrainian league ever produced?
Shevchenko?

And of course, Voronin:drool:

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
He's 25 and has yet to play in a top tier league. I hope he succeed but lets not hype the guy too much.
The Dutch league of the time was much much much better then the Ukrainian league. PSV alone had produced at least 2 WC players in that generation (RVN and Stam) who were the best in their role in the EPL. What had the Ukrainian league ever produced apart from Sheva?

Douglas Costa, Willian, Fernandinho, Mkhitaryan were all at same age or older when they moved to top league, IIRC same with Thiago Silva and Falcao.

devilish

No, that's something I'm not particularly interested in. Just answered your question, that's all.
League quality tend to go up and down. By the time of RVN, the Dutch league was already on the wane as compared to when they were producing absolute legends like Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard. However, it was still much better then the Ukrainian league

klsv

could be but in that case someone is plagiarising me.
Yeah, should totally use it few more times, will get funny soon, surely.

I can't blame him. He thought he joined a big club who buy top players, not some Brazilian cheerleader, a Portuguese kid whose so green that he pisses grass and someone fresh from Stoke's dustbin
Mou has a valid point. The biggest club in the world should do better then simply buying some Brazilian cheerleader from the Ukrainian league, an untested Portuguese kid and some old goalkeeper fresh from Stoke's skip. However, that's were the buck stops. Even in this present state, with a team that is nowhere near to any of SAF's best sides, United should be performing better then we're doing right now. FFS yesterday we barely had 1 shot on goal. Both Woodward and Mou are letting the club down.

Status
Not open for further replies.