Toby Alderweireld

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
wow...I am surprised to see Toby still staying in Spurs this summer. It is supposed to be a win win situation like the Sanchez's transfer to MU.

Member 5225

This is why I prefer Courtois and Berba style players that take their careers into their own hands.

Sing you a song

We’re only a laughing stock because the media are telling you we are...

We’ve replaced Carrick with Fred, we’ve got a back up for Valencia/Young.

Do we need a centre back? I’d say no...play Lindelof and Bailly, players that Jose himself bought, for £65m, and let them build up a partnership and understanding over a number of games without chopping and changing...

Then if they don’t perform, buy a new CB next year...

Your kidding yourself Carrick didn’t play all last year so we are hardly “ replacing him “

Next year is too late that will be 6 years without a title

Woodward is a joke all he cares about is profit doesn’t understand about football and doesn’t care a bit for the fans
Jose should walk . Woodward has Made him look like a fool a week ago Jose was saying he wanted 2 more but believed we would only get one we didn’t even get that
My first bet of the season will be united 0 Leicester 1 goalscorer Maguire

Big Andy

Bloke
Your kidding yourself Carrick didn’t play all last year so we are hardly “ replacing him “

Woodward is a joke all he cares about is profit doesn’t understand about football and doesn’t care a bit for the fans
Jose should walk . Woodward has Made him look like a fool a week ago Jose was saying he wanted 2 more but believed we would only get one we didn’t even get that
You’re a ray of sunshine aren’t you...

AR87

Nobody's pleased with the window, but I don't think the squad is complete shite and hopeless like you're making it out to be.

rosenthal

He was available, just not on the cheap, very surprised you haven't signed him.

Sing you a song

Nobody's pleased with the window, but I don't think the squad is complete shite and hopeless like you're making it out to be.
No it’s not completely hopeless but at risk of repeating myself we finished 19 points and 40 goals behind city ( who have strengthened wit Mahrez ) do you think we can make up that difference ?

cyberman

Hopefully we have a Sanchez situation lined up as in offering wages others can't match for next summer.

Scholesy's Sat Nav

No it’s not completely hopeless but at risk of repeating myself we finished 19 points and 40 goals behind city ( who have strengthened wit Mahrez ) do you think we can make up that difference ?
We signed Sanchez in January who did nothing for us, he will be like a new signing for us (especially if pre season is anything to go by) and Fred who looks like he will fit in so I don't think we have gone backwards compared to city

AR87

No, I don't and that's incredibly frustrating, but I do think we can improve upon our 81 point haul from last season, so while we probably won't win the league I do believe there's more scope for improvement than seems to be the consensus after what was an underwhelming transfer window.

Let's see how it plays out. I'm happy we get to watch actual football tomorrow and not worry about transfer dealings.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Hopefully we have a Sanchez situation lined up as in offering wages others can't match for next summer.
With him being 30/31 next season, and us having an entire year to scout around, do you not think it would be worth looking elsewhere? He's a great defender, but likely to have played very little football again next season if he doesn't sign.

Think Levy might have won this battle - can see him signing a new contract to guarantee football next season.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Toby or not Toby, that's no longer the question. Until January that is. He'll be our new Gaitan.

cyberman

With him being 30/31 next season, and us having an entire year to scout around, do you not think it would be worth looking elsewhere? He's a great defender, but likely to have played very little football again next season if he doesn't sign.

Think Levy might have won this battle - can see him signing a new contract to guarantee football next season.
Nah, he'll just be turning 30 and be available for 25m, its a no brainer.
In fact, a signing like him would give us breathing room to look for younger reinforcements.
With the prices these days I honestly don't think signing younger players is even worth it anymore, not when proven talent only costs a few million more.

Thelyonking1

Can not believe we haven’t signed him. He was there for the taking. Distraught. He was perfect. This is a dark dark day on the forum.

Toby or not Toby, that's no longer the question. Until January that is. He'll be our new Gaitan.
We were never interested in Gaitan. Mina was the new Gaitan - he’s agent claiming we were interested in order to get a move. It worked this time.

Litch

If he was so available and we wanted him, why isn't he here then (or anywhere else for that matter). I for one couldn't understand how we were signing a CB when it was clear none where leaving the club. How was this going to work? Also paying then 50m for a player that will be half that next season or even in the Jan Window?

buckooo1978

If he was so available and we wanted him, why isn't he here then (or anywhere else for that matter). I for one couldn't understand how we were signing a CB when it was clear none where leaving the club. How was this going to work? Also paying then 50m for a player that will be half that next season or even in the Jan Window?
feels like there may be a board backlash about paying x amount of money for players of a certain age

just a feeling

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Think it's fine. We obviously had a price we were willing to pay for a player of his profile (position/age/injuries) and Spurs didn't go for it.

Feel a bit bad for the player, but now he's almost guaranteed a move either abroad or in January.

Litch

feels like there may be a board backlash about paying x amount of money for players of a certain age

just a feeling
Might be right but I'm sure, not signing him and others is def about something other than what's being reported. How could the board sanction signing CB's when we have fecking 5 already here......

buckooo1978

Might be right but I'm sure, not signing him and others is def about something other than what's being reported. How could the board sanction signing CB's when we have fecking 5 already here......
yep

it will make an interesting book in a few years time

RuudTom83

Every club is minted and every player will cost a fortune!

Alderweireld is best waiting out another year and picking up a huge wage st his new club.

Plus if United splash a fortune on him and he has a few average games everyone will be screaming what a waste of money he was.

So meh! moving on

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Be really interesting to see what happens now. Lose him now with Dier and Foyth as backups, let him to come to us for £25m, bumper new contract?

J_XO

Wonder if he’ll be benched until he signs a new contract. Hopefully we’ve got an agreement with him for January (if his clause kicks in then) with a decent signing on fee

LJJT

Can not believe we haven’t signed him. He was there for the taking. Distraught. He was perfect. This is a dark dark day on the forum.
Spurs where never going to sell him given they hadn’t signed any one. Imagine the back lash- no signings made. Sell best centre back to rivals. He will be £25m the moment his extension is triggered so can’t blame the board I don’t think for chucking 60m at it. Which wouldn’t have got him any way

Status
Not open for further replies.