Todays games

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Calling Glaston...

So close to being an own goal at the other end of the pitch but James reacts then tosses the ball to the left and Pompey counter quickly.

prateik

nugent scores against redknapp with the help of a bale deflection ..

wow :lol:

MaroonPondlife

I agree but inn this case it was an encounter that Pavyluchenko should have anticipated as being near 50-50 yet he decided to put his body in the way to protect the ball. He was right in thinking he could get to it first but naive to think he might not get hurt. Done it myself a few times and I usually regret it.

Its kinda like what happened to Eduardo. I'll finish later.
Yes, Eduardo .. sometimes you just have to be a bit more defensive ... to take evasive action, or at least be a a bit more cognizant of idiots on the field. You can't be footloose and fancy free if you really want to have a decent prolonged career in football.

Ronaldo is a prime example ... he's accused of diving all the time but he appreciates that its a game of survival. Messi is another example, but because of his style is even more at risk. I really will be surprised if he lasts more than 5 seasons without getting his foot and/or ankle busted.

RapidRed

David James is having one of his amazing games.

Nugent has played for England :houllier:

hehe just as I type this, Defoe. feck.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yes, Eduardo .. sometimes you just have to be a bit more defensive ... to take evasive action, or at least be a a bit more cognizant of idiots on the field. You can't be footloose and fancy free if you really want to have a decent prolonged career in football.

Ronaldo is a prime example ... he's accused of diving all the time but he appreciates that its a game of survival. Messi is another example, but because of his style is even more at risk. I really will be surprised if he lasts more than 5 seasons without getting his foot and/or ankle busted.
That doesn't legislate it being only a yellow or an utterly spastic challenge.

Jermaine Defoe; an absolute wee cnut of a man.

No shame at all in celebrating that goal like it was a WC final.

MaroonPondlife

That doesn't legislate it being only a yellow or an utterly spastic challenge.

Jermaine Defoe; an absolute wee cnut of a man.

No shame at all in celebrating that goal like it was a WC final.
Did you not think it was pretty much a mis-timed fifty-fifty challenge ? Was it over the top (of the ball) ? The boy got beat to the ball ... happens all the time but in this case he used his body that's unprotected and paid for it.

Yellow.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Did you not think it was pretty much a mis-timed fifty-fifty challenge ? Was it over the top (of the ball) ? The boy got beat to the ball ... happens all the time but in this case he used his body that's unprotected and paid for it.

Yellow.
I thought it was clear that Pavlyuchenko was shielding the ball and was clattered after the fact anyway. In other words; a completely reckless challenge, that left yer man having to be carried off on a stretcher with a possible break or ligament damage.

Darren Bent! :lol:

MaroonPondlife

I thought it was clear that Pavlyuchenko was shielding the ball and was clattered after the fact anyway. In other words; a completely reckless challenge, that left yer man having to be carried off on a stretcher with a possible break or ligament damage.

Darren Bent! :lol:
Anyway, nae bother ... we see it slightly differently.

Just saw Aberdeen beat Sellick 4-2 ... daa-rn ... Was gonna bet on that ... supposedly the Dons were 4-1 ) according to Setanta's Inside the SPL. Pittodrie is a difficult place to go when they've got their dander up.

Kelvin

mark wilson, does this guy used to play for united?