Gaming Tom Clancy's - The Division | Division 2 announced

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Got 3 different builds to pick from

Damage build
220k DPS (4004 firearms) 280k toughness (2296 stamina/ 69k health) 18k skill power (1254 electronics)

Tanky build
142 DPS (2035 firearms) toughness 507k (4211 stamina 126k health) 14k Skill Power (1254 electronics)

Skill power
112k DPS (1903 firearms) 370k toughness (3067 stamina/ 92k health) 32k skill power (2392 electronics)
Let's me use my coolheaded caduceus gun, or I could have over 400k toughness and 100k health and no caduceus
Nice variety of builds there - I would personally go with 2 or 3.

I find dying more frustrating than taking longer to kill someone - so prefer something with higher toughness.

My build is actually pretty close to your #3. Am using the Caduceus for the coolheaded. I have one Alpha Bridge item, and am looking for 3 more to then run 2 x Assault Rifles and share the talents across them. So on the lookout for a 229 AR with a decent roll.

But love basing the build around the Caduceus and then being able to have your skills on almost 100% upkeep - having the support station with Ammo is good, and then can switch between sticky bombs, mines or turrets based on the mission.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Don't forget that season pass holders get their free supply drop today. The last one gave me a 229 weapon and two 268 gear items - so well worth picking them up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, still really enjoying the game - apart from those pesky shotgun/sentry builds. So overpowered it's insane.

paulscholes18

I really like the underground, L9 ATM, got 2 268 Reclaimer hoping I get the 4 piece soon, or I have 2 Fire Crest 1 more for the 100% reload speed, that with a MP7 is amazing

Adam-Utd

Had a really strange problem with the DLC. I havent received any of the supply drops, ambulance or police back packs at the vendor. Now the game is saying I don't have the DLC and can't got into the underground, but I have it all installed and all patches downloaded:nervous:

I have deleted the game and reinstalled, still makes no difference. Apparently there is no way to delete DLC content from the PS4, I don't know if it's stored in the playstation network instead? Will probably have to talk to playstation support at this rate, but it's a really odd fault.

Jep

Somewhere between Manchester and the shithole
Had a really strange problem with the DLC. I havent received any of the supply drops, ambulance or police back packs at the vendor. Now the game is saying I don't have the DLC and can't got into the underground, but I have it all installed and all patches downloaded:nervous:

I have deleted the game and reinstalled, still makes no difference. Apparently there is no way to delete DLC content from the PS4, I don't know if it's stored in the playstation network instead? Will probably have to talk to playstation support at this rate, but it's a really odd fault.
I thought dlc was part of game file so deleting that will delete dlc. If that fails delete game and save data. As season pass holder you need to go to store (can go through game) and buy the new expansion; cost will be £0. This activates the underground.

paulscholes18

Ive only ever got weapon paint in drops at rewards vendor for being season pass holder. Or am i missing something? Far too much shit goes on in game for us mere casuals.
No people who got the DLC, on the 1st & 15th of each month you get a supply drop (like the DZ supply drop, but it some where else on the map) it's guarded by 4-5 L32 elites,

I got my 4 Reclaimer set, but only 2 are 268, 1 is 191 and the other is 214, but with my caduceus, explosive bullets for everyone

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
No people who got the DLC, on the 1st & 15th of each month you get a supply drop (like the DZ supply drop, but it some where else on the map) it's guarded by 4-5 L32 elites,

I got my 4 Reclaimer set, but only 2 are 268, 1 is 191 and the other is 214, but with my caduceus, explosive bullets for everyone
I got a really good 268 Reclaimer Chest piece yesterday with pretty much perfect attributes. Would like either 4 of them or 4 of the Alpha Bridge to go with my Caduceus. Having pretty much non-stop and never-ending explosive bullets for the entire team would be not too shabby...

I have one 268 Alpha Bridge - and there are two AB blueprints available, although they are only 214 I think. If I could have 4 of them and then pair my Caduceus with a G36 or other decent AR then would be happy too.

I think I am going to keep the other two gear items as 2x Lone Star for the extra ammo capacity. @DatIrishFella resorted to scrambling around looking for stones to through after he went through his ammo on one of the Challenging UG last night.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Think I'm going to go 3 Alphabridge and 3 firecrest. Would give me +100% health regen and +100% reload speed.

Adam-Utd

I thought dlc was part of game file so deleting that will delete dlc. If that fails delete game and save data. As season pass holder you need to go to store (can go through game) and buy the new expansion; cost will be £0. This activates the underground.
Nope, I deleted the game and the DLC content stayed in the library area. Had other games in there too that have been deleted and sold a long time ago!

My DLC suddenly started working the next day, really strange. Like they almost blocked some people using it to save traffic problems..

Jep

Cool, good to know thanks.

Nope, I deleted the game and the DLC content stayed in the library area. Had other games in there too that have been deleted and sold a long time ago!

My DLC suddenly started working the next day, really strange. Like they almost blocked some people using it to save traffic problems..
At least you're on with dlc now. Update seems pretty good.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
This sums up the vendors in the game:

because everything I can buy is worse than my current equip and everything that would be an upgrade is level-gated.
By the time you manage to be high enough to unlock something, you would no longer need it. There's a G36 in the UG that I would like, but it is locked to level 40. By the time I am there, am pretty sure I will have one anyway from a drop.

I remember when you were getting your character to level 30. Along the way, weapons from the vendor were level-locked - but only to one or two above you - so it worked well. Now it seems pointless.

EDIT - there's an AK with Brutal and Deadly for sale from the DZ03 vendor. The weapon is a 204, but it is locked to DZ level 80! Absolutely zero point in that!! Am sure anyone who is DZ level 80+ is running with 229 weapons by now.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
This sums up the vendors in the game:

By the time you manage to be high enough to unlock something, you would no longer need it. There's a G36 in the UG that I would like, but it is locked to level 40. By the time I am there, am pretty sure I will have one anyway from a drop.

I remember when you were getting your character to level 30. Along the way, weapons from the vendor were level-locked - but only to one or two above you - so it worked well. Now it seems pointless.

EDIT - there's an AK with Brutal and Deadly for sale from the DZ03 vendor. The weapon is a 204, but it is locked to DZ level 80! Absolutely zero point in that!! Am sure anyone who is DZ level 80+ is running with 229 weapons by now.
Agree on this. They need to fix this part of the game.

I've been using the G36 for a few weeks now, and I'm only UG level 21, so it's going to become available to buy from the vendor in another 20 levels. What's the point?

Oo0AahCantona

Right, think of getting this game for either PS4 or PC. Any reviews?
I got it on release with the season pass, and i haven't touched it in ages. simply because i dont have people to play it with and i lost interest.

Its an amazing game if your able to play consistently with friends, if not, your going to enjoy the story and leveling up, and then get bored at the end game content.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I got it on release with the season pass, and i haven't touched it in ages. simply because i dont have people to play it with and i lost interest.

Its an amazing game if your able to play consistently with friends, if not, your going to enjoy the story and leveling up, and then get bored at the end game content.
Yeah I was in the same boat, my mates are all fifa dings, one game a year they play. Morons. The caf lads split into little groups who would only play together till the end game, which meant if you didn't join the one of the active groups quick you missed out. So I ended up not bothering playing, recently went back to it to finish the main missions solo, but a few times I've grouped with randoms (by accident at first and second) but then actively joined others and it's still pretty good. None of them have been idiots, it's basically just all try for the same goal.

Ah shite, I'm on my own it seems then, cheers guys, I'll pass.
If you're getting it for ps4 you can just matchmake and then it's pretty good, once you're level 30 or whatever I think the caf lads are still active now and again so you can endgame with them. It's worth giving it a go, definitely be a sequel to it imo

Jep

I played through SP on my own joining up with randoms a few times (actually made it more fun than I thought it would). Now I just use matchmaking for the end content (just playing underground as need groups for DZ and wasn't good enough for incursions). Most of time randoms are pretty good and only had a few knobs and AFKs.

If you ever want a game look me up on PS4 (PSN: jep_uk) and just mention the CAF, although I don't get that much play time :( and the other issue is the difficulty is based on the highest ranked member of the group so if you are only just starting out you do not want to be playing with level 30s as you will get mullered.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I played through SP on my own joining up with randoms a few times (actually made it more fun than I thought it would). Now I just use matchmaking for the end content (just playing underground as need groups for DZ and wasn't good enough for incursions). Most of time randoms are pretty good and only had a few knobs and AFKs.

If you ever want a game look me up on PS4 (PSN: jep_uk) and just mention the CAF, although I don't get that much play time :( and the other issue is the difficulty is based on the highest ranked member of the group so if you are only just starting out you do not want to be playing with level 30s as you will get mullered.
Yeah meant to mention the level group joining thing, it's ridiculous tbh. Stops people from rushing through but expects everyone to play 8 hours a day.

I'm just getting towards level 30, think the Russian consulate is the only main mission I have left, loads of side ones though, currently level 26.

Hate, and I mean HATE those virus scanner missions. Jesus are they shit.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I traded it in last week. Had the gold version too, but got fed up with waiting for them to make it enjoyable to play the end game activities.

Bought Wicher 3 and haven't regretted it at all.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Info for 1.4:
You can adjust the level of the world for PvE - this determines enemy level and loot level drops:

Adam-Utd

Hopefully the population will come back, it was a great game when in full swing. Never had the nervy feeling of trying to extract before with any other game, genuinely felt a state of panic :lol:

The sticky bomb build was frustrating but the exotic damage resiliance could stop that, I just hope they can do something about Shotguns otherwise I probably won't return.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
So the biggest things they wanted to change was that enemies were too bullet spongy and took too long to kill - they wanted it to feel more like a shooter where people took on damage more from being shot - not having it so you just have to keep unloading clip after clip into someone.

They wanted to bring things closer to how the game felt when going from levels 1-30.

The felt the end game was too difficult for the majority of players - if you didn't have the optimal build, then you would struggle. So they want to get away from HAVING to use max Smart Cover, Pulse etc.

They wanted more builds to be legitimate options - and not just have Sentry and Tactician being the only viable ones.

So they compared a level 12 with a level 30 player and plotted the time it took to kill various enemies. AT level 12 they felt they had it right - but you can see that at level 30 it got ridiculous as you came up against higher level enemies:

Last edited:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
The game was genuinely fun going from 1-30 because the enemies you faced were of a comparable level to you.

They have said that the end game was optimized / balanced for the ultra-best players - the outliers. This made it frustrating for anyone who wasn't fully optimized.

At level 12, the difference between someone with no decent gear, and someone with all the best available gear was about 150% - so it would take the worst player 3 times longer to kill an enemy than the very best player. They felt this was ok. At level 30, they found that, with the signature skills etc, the difference could be 10x - so it would take low level 30 10 times longer to kill an enemy than a highest level 30. They felt (understandably) that this was way too much of a difference - and made the game too challengin unless you had an optimum build, and also plain unfun!

Getting the impression that they are really wanting to fix the biggest issues - sounds extremely encouraging!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Some fixes:

Scaling enemy health and damage (post level 30) so it is line with levels 1-30 - so no sudden increases in enemy danger and protection on the highest levels. They had the example of a 229 gear score player (no skills etc) up against a level 33 enemy. It will now take 3x as long for the NPC to kill the player.

ravi2

still playing and enjoying this game. Underground heroic missions are great fun!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Too little too late. They botched the game balancing in the first place, when they done it in June/July. Shame as I sunk a shitload of hours into this game. Ive gotten over the buzz I had for the game.

paulscholes18

Some fixes:

Scaling enemy health and damage (post level 30) so it is line with levels 1-30 - so no sudden increases in enemy danger and protection on the highest levels. They had the example of a 229 gear score player (no skills etc) up against a level 33 enemy. It will now take 3x as long for the NPC to kill the player.
That's good, heard that L33 is the highest NPC goes now, and now 268 gear is changing to 229?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/52v1yd/state_of_the_game_september_15th/

Update 1.4
General topics
Release date:

• Still for October, without a specific date.

PTS

• As announced, technical test and public launch were postponed.
  • After the discussion with the ETF, they realized, they wanted to add specific features to the PTS build so that players can give feedback about those features.
  • Is planned to be launched next week – but that is not definitive yet

Learnings
Time to Kill / Time to be killed

• They really wanted to identify the core problems with the game to solve that, before they move ahead with more content
  • They collected immense amount of data and put them into graphs and analyzed them

Results

• The enemies in endgame are too bullet-spongy and deal way to much damage
  • There is no build diversity – when you do not have a very specific build you are not effective in endgame.
  • You also need specific Skills / and Gear Sets.
  • That means, there is a very limited amount of good builds and that is not what an RPG game is about, there needs to be variety and multiple ways to build an effective character.
  • That makes the game very difficult – not only for solo but also for unoptimized groups.

Time to kill and Enemy Scaling

• There is a huge difference between 1-30 and in the endgame.
  • While the time to kill is pretty linear in 1-30 and increases exponentially as soon as you hit endgame

Best gear vs. optimized gear

• While the time to kill for 1-30 with best/random and min-maxed equipment is close and linear, there is a huge difference in endgame between best/random gear and min-maxed gear

» Statistic

Stats
Gear mods

• Level 12: mods contribute 6% to the damage
  • Level 30: mods contribute 40% to the damage – they are a critical part of the builds (and that is even a low number, because it does not include weapon mods)

Skills

• Level 30: Skills contribute 78% to the damage (when you cap electronics it is even more)

Takeaways

• The game is balanced for the best possible build and since there is a huge damage gap between the best equipped and worst equipped player – the game is therefore very difficult for the average player.
  • The NPCs are too powerful
  • The difference between the best-equipped player and the average equipped player should not be that big.
  • Gear mods are too powerful in endgame and have a too big impact on the build
  • Skills are too powerful
  • SmartCover and Pulse are the most used skills

Update 1.4 changes
General changes
  • Fixing enemy health and damage post level 30 so that it is linear and not exponential
  • Time to be killed in comparison: Now it takes 2.1 seconds to be killed by a standard Riker – it will be 6 seconds in 1.4.
  • Time to kill in comparison: Now it takes for an unoptimized build / unmodded ACR 3.8 seconds to kill a Riker – it will be 2.1 seconds

Graph (thanks to /u/oji310)

http://i.imgur.com/Ql7mT3F.png

Difficulty progression
Now you can play normal/hard mode missions without big problems – but the gap between hard and challenge mode is huge and you basically need challenge mode gear to even play that content.

Reworking the difficulty scaling in endgame

• Greater granularity
  • Even transition to endgame not huge difficulty spikes
  • Better loot and mission rewards
  • linear equipment progression
  • Support solo players
  • RPG/Shooter experience back
  • Clearer path through endgame, what to do, where to get better gear and how to improve your character.

New World Level
  • Players can now select the World Level when they hit level 30.
  • You are able to set the level of the NPCs and the loot to a specific level.
  • Named roamers are back in the open-world (Bullet King lives!) and now you can farm open-world again
  • The World Level can be changed at any time
  • There will not be level 34 / 35 NPCs
  • The World levels will be unlocked as you progress

The World Level will affect the enemy levels of:

• Missions
  • Open World
  • Incursions
  • Underground

World Level impact

• Tier 1 (Level 30 enemies – GS 163 loot (rare 182)) – no challenge mode
  • Tier 2 (Level 31 enemies – GS 182 loot (rare 204)) – challenge mode is unlocked
  • Tier 3 (Level 32 enemies – GS 204 loot (rare 229))
  • Tier 4 (Level 33 enemies – GS 229 loot ) – heroic mode in Incursions is unlocked

Normal / Hard / Challenge / Heroic selection

• Challenge-mode will not be scaled to four players per default, so you could play it solo now
  • When you are in a group, the enemies still scale up to the number of players.
  • Elite NPCs are now smarter as before – so they will not be just bullet sponges but move faster and more tactical.
  • Heroic will only be available for Incursions
  • This difficulty will not increase enemy level – but the amount of loot you get

Gear Score Changes
  • Max Gear Score will be 229, so Gear Sets have the same as the highest possible high-end
  • High-End items will be more important now, since they are at the same level as Gear Sets

Loot
  • All enemies are able to drop the best loot of that Tier. But of course trash mobs have a less chance than a named enemy.
  • Trash-mobs in Incursion are not included in that.

Matchmaking
  • You matchmake with people on your World Level
  • You can also play with players on a higher World Level and get the loot-drops from there (power leveling)
  • You can also join players in a lower World Level to help them out

Dark Zone / PVP
  • Dark Zone selects the World Level for you
  • PVE Dark Zone: they are listening, but there will not be specific Dark Zone Changes in 1.4
  • The World Level also applies to the Dark Zone
  • The Dark Zone Bracket is still calculated based on your gear score