Tom Huddlestone

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Can you fill me in?
Taught them how to shoot on Monday, then how to pass on Tuesday, we were doing drills by Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday and Saturday but we still lost on Sunday.
After all the walking away, it was about time
Pe-nal-ty... when the crowd say Bruno, Ronaldo!

They look identical... or is it just me :lol:

phelans shorts

Why are we signing random underachieving players to coach our players again? What is happening? Tom Huddlestone? Why do we need him to play for the u21’s? What?
Why not Steven Sidwell? Or Steve Lomas? Is this some sort of a money laundering scheme? What the feck is the point of all of this?
Why can’t we do things that make sense for a change?

What a load of nonsense, come on guys… ffs
By what measure are Huddlestone or Sidwell underachievers? Lomas too I’d say, they made good careers out of being pretty bang average players

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Why are we signing random underachieving players to coach our players again? What is happening? Tom Huddlestone? Why do we need him to play for the u21’s? What?
Why not Steven Sidwell? Or Steve Lomas? Is this some sort of a money laundering scheme? What the feck is the point of all of this?

Let me guess, it's embarrassing?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Taught them how to shoot on Monday, then how to pass on Tuesday, we were doing drills by Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday and Saturday but we still lost on Sunday.

Pe-nal-ty... when the crowd say Bruno, Ronaldo!

They look identical... or is it just me :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

devips

Do you find this embarrassing?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Well he was 10x the player McShane ever was so happier with this than last season's selection, but the McShane thing had merit and I think he has been taken on full time now so the club must have seen something as well.

We seem to have made a conscious decision to make the U-23 side younger and filled.with 18-19 year olds rather than 21-22 year olds so to have a sprinkle of experience like this does only good. Tom was a good premiership player in his day so happy for Mainoo, Gore, Oyedele etc. to learn from him.

quirkey

People will find anything to complain about on here. He’s coming in as a solid pro, to give advice on the training pitch and occasionally in games. McShane only played 5 matches last season, and has now moved into a coaching role after proving himself a good coach.

I happen to think this is a good move, the young players learn from a pro who has played at the top level and if he develops into a good coach that only helps behind the scenes.

Brophs

The One and Only
He’ll teach them the ABCs of football: Always Be Carbloading

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

This is such a dumb post. Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson where both 'random underachieving players' and they did ok. Being an average player does not mean you will be an average coach. I guess you think Lampard is a great coach because he was a good player? I have no idea if Huddlestone will be a good coach or not but your 'logic' is absolutely stupid.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
This is such a dumb post. Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson where both 'random underachieving players' and they did ok. Being an average player does not mean you will be an average coach. I guess you think Lampard is a great coach because he was a good player?
If anything, more top coaches were mediocre players than great players

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Huddlestone was one of the inventive, creative players I ever saw in the premiership. From what I remember, he would drift in and out of games, and probably not quite enough stamina to get 90 minutes regularly.
I think he will be a great asset to the club.

Mickson

My first thought as well. Foot like a traction engine. Weirdly, he was always one of my favourite non-United players to watch. Such a clean striker of the ball. Plus fascinatingly immobile.
I was at Old Trafford once when United hosted Hull and I sat near the pitch and saw him in the warmup. He was sweeping volleys and hit is so clean every time and always on his teammate's foot. Very satisfying to see his skills.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I was at Old Trafford once when United hosted Hull and I sat near the pitch and saw him in the warmup. He was sweeping volleys and hit is so clean every time and always on his teammate's foot. Very satisfying to see his skills.
Darron Gibson was another footballer whose ability to strike the ball incredibly hard, with flawless technique, far exceeded his overall talent. Hard to think of any equivalent playing right now?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Darron Gibson was another footballer whose ability to strike the ball incredibly hard, with flawless technique, far exceeded his overall talent. Hard to think of any equivalent playing right now?
That Chelsea fullback absolute twatting freekicks from pretty far out. What was his name, Alex or something like that?

Teja

Same here.

Arrow pointing forwrd & Long shots on Often.
Challenge Keeper on corners. Although once you signed Micah Richards that was basically that on corners.

Goal a game center half. :lol:

Oranges038

Still at it.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The outrage is a little strange. We've done this type of signing before - it's a veteran type of player who help provide an experienced level head when playing with the younger ones in a pastoral player-coach capacity. Off the top of my head it's only us and Liverpool who have been doing it but you can expect a few more clubs to do this type of thing.

Oldyella

The outrage is a little strange. We've done this type of signing before - it's a veteran type of player who help provide an experienced level head when playing with the younger ones in a pastoral player-coach capacity. Off the top of my head it's only us and Liverpool who have been doing it but you can expect a few more clubs to do this type of thing.
It makes a lot of sense, I'm surprised it's just the two clubs doing it. Shame it's an external appointment, but guess it's a difficult position to fill, someone borderline between retiring playing and moving to coaching.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
No idea what he’s been up to on the coaching badge front, but he was a great footballer. In his early years he was compared to Glenn Hoddle ffs. One of the best long range passers the league has ever seen.

He was a better footballer than Arteta (who was massively underrated) but had a body that couldn’t handle top level football. Arteta got a free pass for his Guardiola grooming and Arsenal early learnings…. Yet the media is suggesting Huddlestone can only ever be one thing.

He might be good. He might be shite. But he’s certainly the kind of player that seems to make a good coach on retirement.

Absolute nothing story.

Additionally: If he’s a nice fella, he’d be a great sobering influence on young players that think talent = success, no questions asked.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Loads of clubs do it. Few clubs can be monetised by sensationalist media stories being written.

IRELANDUNITED

He’ll get games in the first team if he plays his cards right.
I wonder if there’s a tiny chance that might actually happen? If we’ve an injury crisis or are playing some meaningless europa game could he actually play for the first team?