Toni Kroos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidders

With Fellaini signing a new contract, unless anyone leaves, I cant imagine we'll be signing another centre midfielder.

We currently have:

Pogba
Fred
Matic
Fellaini
Herrera
McTominay
Lingard

People may argue that the quality isnt quite there, but in terms of numbers, we have more than enough options.
The Fellaini signing has really changed things,I could only see Herrera leaving on a permanent basis now (lack of game time), McTominay could take a loan I guess, even so I'd still ignore numbers and concentrate on quality, Kroos would arguably be our best midfield player.

Fred-Kroos-Pogba

Kroos-Matic-Pogba

Fred-Matic-Kroos

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The Fellaini signing has really changed things,I could only see Herrera leaving on a permanent basis now (lack of game time), McTominay could take a loan I guess, even so I'd still ignore numbers and concentrate on quality, Kroos would arguably be our best midfield player.

Fred-Kroos-Pogba

Kroos-Matic-Pogba

Fred-Matic-Kroos
I think the last option would be the most stable. I don’t see how Pogba and Kroos work in the same midfield

golden_blunder

Staff
I can’t see Kroos leaving RM by the way unless the new coach doesn’t rate him or there is a ridiculous swap lined up like kroos+bale for DeGea.. shit that’s why we’re getting lee grant innit

Canagel

I think the last option would be the most stable. I don’t see how Pogba and Kroos work in the same midfield
Are you serious? If Kroos came it would totally revitalise Pogba and free him to play like we saw at Juventus. Of course they can fit together but you need to put a destroyer behind them. Like Casemiro is doing for Real Madrid. With Fred also arriving the best option is to play all 4 of them in a diamond formation.

Matic
Fred Kroos
Pogba

Not many midfields in the world can dominate that. But again it's difficult to see how Kroos leaves Real Madrid right now. Unless he wants a new challenge it would be impossible.​

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I can’t see Kroos leaving RM by the way unless the new coach doesn’t rate him or there is a ridiculous swap lined up like kroos+bale for DeGea.. shit that’s why we’re getting lee grant innit
:lol:

Canagel

Fred-Kroos-Pogba

Kroos-Matic-Pogba

Fred-Matic-Kroos
You forgot the 4-4-2 diamond option which is also the preferred formation for Real Madrid.

Matic
Fred Kroos
Pogba

Probably the best option if we can buy another fullback. We wouldn't need a RW either if we choose this formation.​

Trizy

Only if Kroos wants to leave. Does he? Doubt it. But he has won everything possible at Madrid. Let's face it, after winning 4 CL, it's only decline from now on.

Only problem with this transfer is his 500k wages and Madrid bending us over a barrel for £120m+

sherrinford

You forgot the 4-4-2 diamond option which is also the preferred formation for Real Madrid.

Matic
Fred Kroos
Pogba

Probably the best option if we can buy another fullback. We wouldn't need a RW either if we choose this formation.​
I think I would swap Pogba and Kroos. Playing Pogba at no.10 does not free him at all - playing him on the left of a diamond is more suitable and where he actually played at Juventus. Kroos is very intelligent and has played in the hole before.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I am shocked by the comments here. 100m plus transfer fee and 20m wages a year for a soon to be 29 years old who just had a shit world cup and everyone is fine with that?

White text

Ban

I am shocked by the comments here. 100m plus transfer fee and 20m wages a year for a soon to be 29 years old who just had a shit world cup and everyone is fine with that?

White text
This is the key. No point in going for a such a old guy.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Let's do it. Not that we will really get him, just to have a usual and proper transfer saga based on pure muppetry and little evidence.

Player fits the bill.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Only if Kroos wants to leave. Does he? Doubt it. But he has won everything possible at Madrid. Let's face it, after winning 4 CL, it's only decline from now on.
He can still try going for his 5th, to be next to Maldini and some Madrid legends, or his 6th as joint alltime European Cup winner with Gento (and some of his current teammates).

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He'd be mad to come to United honestly. Can we even pay him much more than he's probably already on at Madrid?

Litch

Can't see it but yes please. How it all fits with who's already here is Jose's problem but let's say all the other big teams manage it....

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would be an amazing signing but given that we just bought Fred and extended Felli.....

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
But they were desperate to sell Di Maria to make room for James. I want we to get their best players just like they got Ronaldo and Beckham... it's about market power and control!
Of the four players they've bought off us, Ronaldo was the only one we didn't want to sell. We were actively looking to sell Beckham, Ruud and Heinze, so they were effectively signing our cast-offs. Beckham and Ruud were past their bests and we were selling them to make room for the new/younger guys coming through. Pretty much identical situation as when they sold Di Maria to us. Except Di Maria was still young and 'should' have potentially had his best to come.

Last edited:

beingshe7don

Spending crazy money on Kroos is just absurd. We need players who are quick in transition and we definitely need a rapid RW. I would use the money to get Kroos on getting Mbappe or Mahrez (if he hasn't already been bought by City)

Luke1995

Of the four players they've bought off us, Ronaldo was the only one we didn't want to sell. We were actively looking to sell Beckham, Ruud and Heinze, so they were effectively signing our cast-offs. Beckham and Ruud were past their bests and we were selling them to make room for the new/younger guys coming through. Pretty much identical situation as when they sold Di Maria to us. Except Di Maria was still young and 'should' have potentially had his best to come.
I don't think Beckham was past his best. He left because Ferguson was angry with his lifestyle. I mean, that ability to cross the ball and take freekicks never goes away and he was never much of a dribbler anyway.

Denis' cuff

I don't think Beckham was past his best. He left because Ferguson was angry with his lifestyle. I mean, that ability to cross the ball and take freekicks never goes away and he was never much of a dribbler anyway.

People forget that Beckham’s form for his last 2.5 seasons with United was poor. He’d lost interest. Did ok with. Madrid but not up to his peak years. The right move, probably all round.

Sterling Archer

"Matic diposseses De Bruyne, Fred collects and drives forward laying it off to Pogba, who back heels it to Kroos, who chips it in to Fellaini, who heads it down to Alexis, who drives past two defenders and squares it to Lukaku who smashes it into the roof of the net" :drool:

Brophs

The One and Only
"Matic diposseses De Bruyne, Fred collects and drives forward laying it off to Pogba, who back heels it to Kroos, who chips it in to Fellaini, who heads it down to Alexis, who drives past two defenders and squares it to Lukaku who smashes it into the roof of the net" :drool:
I'm liking the sound of this new 5 centre mids formation.

Sparky Rhiwabon

...and Bale joins in the celebrations from the bench...he just can’t break into this side!!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Fergie felt that his lifestyle was starting to have an impact on his game. His last season with us was definitely a step down compared to his previous form.

By 'past his best' I didn't mean physically, but just his general performance. And he certainly never got near his 99-02 form again in the rest of his career.

golden_blunder

Staff
Wakes up with bedsheet sticking to his cock

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

Fred-Kroos-Pogba

Kroos-Matic-Pogba

Fred-Matic-Kroos
would be interesting and Kroos was one of the few Germans to com out of the WC not looking a complete twat.. but I still think we need winger(s) more

Hammondo

How do we not need a world class midfielder? You fit the rest around him.
Because we already have players that fit his role, he wont add to us as much as a midfielder actually need.

meamth

White text
Midfielder tend to have that longevity. Still have another 5 years at the top level at least.

Judas

Open to offers
I just can't understand for a second the logic behind turning your nose up at Toni Kroos because we have Fred (who hasn't played a second for us yet) and Herrera. I don't think many other people would understand either.

Status
Not open for further replies.