Toni Kroos

Status
Not open for further replies.

red thru&thru

Still don't see how you could afford it. He'd cost upwards of £150m IF he wants to leave...
If a player insists on moving, then there can be a way. United would know the potential figures that would be involved in this deal. But yea, one thing wanting it to happen, quite another it actually happening.

Robertd0803

More chance of me starting for United than Kroos next season :confused:
And me alongside you as defensive midfielder.

This really isnt happening, Id say there might be a possibility if Madrid were looking to ship him out in favour of a shiny new toy but theres no-one that would fit the bill as a replacement. SMS? Doesnt make sense even for Madrid. Promoting Kovacic to regular starter? Unlikely.

Luke1995

If not Kroos then Bale or Modric. We need to get someone from Madrid... they got Beckham Ronaldo and Ruud from us!

Infra-red

If not Kroos then Bale or Modric. We need to get someone from Madrid... they got Beckham Ronaldo and Ruud from us!
Madrid reportedly intimated (earlier in the season) that all three of those players would be available for the right price this summer. That may subsequently have changed of course.

Luke1995

Madrid reportedly intimated (earlier in the season) that all three of those players would be available for the right price this summer. That may subsequently have changed of course.
I think they are thinking about finding a replacement for Modric because he's turning 33 soon but since Kovacic is reportedly asking to leave, they likely will keep Modric.

It's hard to believe Bale will leave because Florentino Perez choose him...

Kroos would be perfect for United but he's 28 and still in his prime, so Madrid would be crazy to sell.

SNes

He's not needed now we have Fellaini for the next 3 years :(

arthurka

If we get kroos this season I will ride my bike to work naked for a week.. Feck it a month.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We've just spent £45m on Fred and yet some of you are genuinely convinced that we'd buy Kroos and bench the guy who's just signed but hasn't played a single game.

MetoTTT

I've always said he's the missing piece of our midfield. The controller, tempo dictator. Essentially a better Carrick.

A Matic Kroos Pogba midfield has everything.

Not gonna happen though.
I'm big fan of Matic and Kroos. I like Pogba but this midfield three lacks badly mobility to press when needed and I'm not sure they can cop when pressed at highest european/EPL level.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I'm big fan of Matic and Kroos. I like Pogba but this midfield three lacks badly mobility to press when needed and I'm not sure they can cop when pressed at highest european/EPL level.
I'd expect those 3 to be able to dominate the midfield, But if we need to inject a little more combativeness without sacrificing too much creativity you can put Fred on for Pogba.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
We've just spent £45m on Fred and yet some of you are genuinely convinced that we'd buy Kroos and bench the guy who's just signed but hasn't played a single game.
I would say that £45m squad players are not out of the ordinary now for the elite clubs.

Devil may care

With Modric aging I see zero chance of Real Madrid selling Kroos and even less of a reason for him to want to leave, especially to come here.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I would say that £45m squad players are not out of the ordinary now for the elite clubs.
Not if our budget is a reputed £150m and we need a first choice left back, a first choice right sided attacker and a top centre back. And we've already spent a chunk.

Signing Kroos is a non starter.

Walters_19_MuFc

With Fellaini signing a new contract, unless anyone leaves, I cant imagine we'll be signing another centre midfielder.

We currently have:

Pogba
Fred
Matic
Fellaini
Herrera
McTominay
Lingard

People may argue that the quality isnt quite there, but in terms of numbers, we have more than enough options.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
With Fellaini signing a new contract, unless anyone leaves, I cant imagine we'll be signing another centre midfielder.

We currently have:

Pogba
Fred
Matic
Fellaini
Herrera
McTominay
Lingard

People may argue that the quality isnt quite there, but in terms of numbers, we have more than enough options.
Agreed.

Luke1995

We did in 2014.
But they were desperate to sell Di Maria to make room for James. I want we to get their best players just like they got Ronaldo and Beckham... it's about market power and control!

kirk buttercup

I was agreeing with the comment that we won't be buying anyone else for midfield. We have more than enough at the moment.
I know . Sorry I was agreeing with you but he would be great my, we have alot but he is a level above most of what we have .

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We don't need Kroos since we renewed Fellaini's contract

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is of course not happening, but just to address the talk of diamond formation, it requires two capable full backs to provide width as well and generally a backline that's comfortable with the ball.

trafford1980

We currently have:

Pogba
Fred
Matic
Fellaini
Herrera
McTominay
Lingard

Agree with you mate. 6 or 7 is enough.

Jose said that we’d replace Carrick and then Fellaini if he didn’t sign the new deal. So I’m not expecting anymore mids.

Carrick was super important to us over the years though, so underrated, he probably needed to be succeeded by someone of a Kroos or Modric ilk.

Fred just doesn’t seem a fit. More Herrera than Carrick, frenetic in his approach. I think we need a Carrick 2.0. Kroos is this.

I’m not writing off Fred, but I’d be stoked if he was to replace Herrera and we bought in a deep lying passer/playmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.