g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Top 4 Predictions

Where do you think Manchester United will finish in the league this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
  1. City
  2. Liverpool
  3. United
  4. Chelsea

Denis79

City
Liverpool
United
Chelsea

Think we'll start the season badly and slowly get better results as the season progresses.

AndyJ1985

I think we could finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th. It'll be really tight behind the top 2

Infra-red

I think we could finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th. It'll be really tight behind the top 2
Agreed. I think there'll be very little between 3rd and 6th, with a substantial gap to the top two. I'll be optimistic and predict that we will come out on top in that mini league:

City
Liverpool
United
Chelsea
Arsenal
Spurs

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Runners up again for me and I think its fine margins between us and the scouse. Also think we will close the gap on City. Now they have won the league a few times the pressure is on them to go out and win the Champions League. Same with Liverpool, pressure on them to get some use out of that 30 year old bottle of Brasso

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea

City should win the title, but matching last season is a big ask, and I wonder if the players will be “at it” as they were last season, or if they do a Chelsea and struggle to get going again after a title-winning campaign. Also if they do better in the Champions League then that might be a distraction. Liverpool have improved the areas they need to, and even if Salah doesn’t repeat last season’s heroics then they’ll still blow a lot of teams away - a danger that they finally get their disgusting hands on the Premier League trophy if City get complacent. A return to the Moyes season of hoping for the lesser of two evils?

Spurs in third despite no transfer business, because they will now be playing their home games in the new Mecca of world football, which is apparently so amazing I’m sure they end-up winning more points at home then will actually be available to them, so third is my guess.

Very difficult to say with the remaining three - we are started the season with A LOT of injuries that might put us behind early on in the race for top 4, most of us here are disappointed with the low transfer activity, Pogba and Martial seem to be causing trouble and Jose could meltdown at any point (my guess is he’ll look for a sacking payment, so late in the season after we officially miss out on top 4 then he’ll be gone). Alternatively we still have the team from last season meaning on paper we should be top 4 - I’m just worried off-the-pitch issues will overwhelm us.

Chelsea I don’t know how to judge - lots of changes in the window, big ask to change the style of play from the Jose and Conte approaches to the approach of Sarri - that should take longer than a season and more transfer windows but then again Chelsea are so unpredictable. Also Roman could snap if the transition to Sarri’s style takes too long. Probably as ever their season will be decided how often Hazard turns-up, but if we don’t finish in the top 4 then it will be Chelsea I think.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
City
Liverpool
United
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea

tbh though 4th to 6th could be those 3 in any order

Chipper

Adulterer.
Massives
Liverpool
United
Don't know

2nd or 3rd for United I reckon. Went with the less bold prediction.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Utd

I was surprised at Spurs doing nothing and actually think 4th place is about right for Utd with the squad they have. However, the inevitable meltdown after another big loss against a direct competitor in winter will see a streak of bad results. Utd falling into 6th and won‘t be able to recover because Aubameyang and Kane will keep trashing those lower table sides week in week out.

I will even make a prediction for the CL cause where is the fun when you never put your neck on the line. Liverpool will go out earlier because they meet a big team like Barca or Juve in the early knockout stages.

Since I am not totally convinced by any setup of the big clubs in europe to win the CL, look out for City making their way to the final. Or PSG may go on to win every game of their season with a 3 goal difference and Mbappe for Ballon D‘Or, you never know

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
City
United
Liverpool
Chelsea

I had us 3rd a while back, but I see Pool dropping more points vs minnows than us.

And Chelsea jumping to 4th after I thought their window was pretty good all things considered.
My exact top 4 with the exact same reasons. We'll grind out more results than Liverpool over a 38 game season. Expect them to win either of the domestic cups though

Vagene

Liverpool
City
Chelsea
Spurs

Horrendous as that looks I see no other way. Liverpool will be the team to beat this season

Just puked in my mouth

Canagel

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Manchester United/Arsenal

I think very close between Chelsea, us and Arsenal for 3rd, 4th and 5th. Not much between those three teams.
Top 2 I'm almost certain will be ahead of the rest. If Salah continues his form from last year and all their signings fit in as expected I think they will run City right to the end.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Liverpool is so overrated here. But in truth, with serial winner klopp and all those superstars robertson, henderson, shaqiri, matip they can win PL while destroying real and barca in CL campaign

littlepeasoup

My exact top 4 with the exact same reasons. We'll grind out more results than Liverpool over a 38 game season. Expect them to win either of the domestic cups though
That's the thing, everyone's looking at our squad/team versus say Liverpool or Chelsea, but it's not the games against the top 6 we struggled with last season, it's the stupid points we threw away against some of the so-called weaker teams in the league.

Still don't really rate our ability to break down stubborn defences though, but hopefully I'm wrong on that. Saying that, I think Fred could be a massive player for us in those types of games with his tenacity and quick play.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yes I voted 5th. But despite the tingly glee of the click there is a reason. Mourinho in his 3rd season, football getting no better, no obvious strengthening (Fred and Dalot are sub par attempts at that). Oh yes, nearly forgot about about happy Pogba. Expect much drama, going back to my 3rd season point. Chelsea will be gunning for that 4th spot. Arsenal won't be far behind on their attempts.

Edit: Feck me I just read about the veto! :eek: Don't give the man a reason to hold a grudge, you won't like it when he holds a grudge!! Y'aaarggghhh!
Bloody hell word for word accuracy. It's like my broken clock was right 24 times in a day.

Mike 777

Supports
Liverpool
Bloody hell word for word accuracy. It's like my broken clock was right 24 times in a day.
Well done. Maybe dumbstar ain't so dumb after all.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Yes I voted 5th. But despite the tingly glee of the click there is a reason. Mourinho in his 3rd season, football getting no better, no obvious strengthening (Fred and Dalot are sub par attempts at that). Oh yes, nearly forgot about about happy Pogba. Expect much drama, going back to my 3rd season point. Chelsea will be gunning for that 4th spot. Arsenal won't be far behind on their attempts.
My Aug predictions revisited in mid-January. :eek: Obviously I didn't predict Ole coming but I might as well have had. :cool: For what it's worth he has strengthened my prediction for Utd comfortably finishing 5th now.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Bump, bumpity bump. Scary right? :cool: And for my finale Utd will win their 38th game of the season pipping bad-away-team Arsenal on the last day. And la voila. For those who continue to think all I ever do here is WUM. :wenger:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If the team stays relatively drama free and simply does its best, then 3rd or 4th. If Mourinho has a meltdown and unsettles the team, then 6th.
Looks pretty good to me.

Actually had to double ready @Tommy prediction....a Liverpool fan who predicted they'd actually finish below Man. United in the league?!:eek: Last four months of 17/18 showed the way both were heading.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think I'm going to put you on post block (if that function exists) if I see your username in the championship play off thread. :lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Utd

I was surprised at Spurs doing nothing and actually think 4th place is about right for Utd with the squad they have. However, the inevitable meltdown after another big loss against a direct competitor in winter will see a streak of bad results. Utd falling into 6th and won‘t be able to recover because Aubameyang and Kane will keep trashing those lower table sides week in week out.

I will even make a prediction for the CL cause where is the fun when you never put your neck on the line. Liverpool will go out earlier because they meet a big team like Barca or Juve in the early knockout stages.

Since I am not totally convinced by any setup of the big clubs in europe to win the CL, look out for City making their way to the final. Or PSG may go on to win every game of their season with a 3 goal difference and Mbappe for Ballon D‘Or, you never know
That top.6 still looks possible? Hope you had a bet.