Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

prateik

If we get our results.. top 4 looks very gettable..

If we stutter... and unless Wolves have a blinder, 5th is still very likely and should get the CL.

Hoping for a strong finish..

Shark

@NotShark
If we don't finish top four now it'll be truly embarrassing, we've every single chance now with those results tonight.

spiriticon

Are we actually making ground on the teams above us in a race? The good times are back!

Okey

Brilliant day for United! On top of a great one yesterday. Need to put the foot down hard on hapless Bournemouth on Saturday and pad the goal difference. Looking good...

Moiraine

Chelsea will smash West Ham. Honestly I'm not even bothering to look at Chelsea now, it's all about Leicester, they're our ticket into the top 4 as they look a mess. Need Everton to just do what they did against Liverpool again, that'll do. Have them keep dropping points and we should make it really, what with how we're currently looking.
I feared the same

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
All I will say about Chelsea at the moment is that I really wish they put this sort of defensive performance against Manchester City. Had they done so we would already be on 4th Place and likewise it would have also delayed Liverpool's Title Win.

Regardless tonights matches have made sure that it's now in Manchester United's hands to reach Top 4, so if United fail to finish in the Top 4 and/or win the EL, the players only have themselves to blame.
Well it’s not in uniteds hand now is it? Even if we win every game we might not finish top 4.

But I take your point we have a great chance.

laughtersassassin

It's in our hands own hands now if we can make up 9 goal difference. So if we don't make CL it's only ourselves to blame.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Relax Chelsea fans. I'm sure you'll get top 4, you have much better quality than Leicester & Wolves and you are still ahead of Spurs. West Ham game was always tricky since it's London derby. Whether you'll finish above us is different story.

laughtersassassin

Well it’s not in uniteds hand now is it? Even if we win every game we might not finish top 4.

Technically is in our hands in a way. If we won all our games we would surely make up the 9 GD.

That's why it's important when we are winning we go for the throat.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Lets get this party started! The top 4 race is getting REALLY interesting after tonights results.
Top 4, even top 3 is full realistic now. Lets go for 3rd.

Also, Rudiger is such a bad defender. That 3rd goal made him look like a real donkey. Is he really a CB? I thought he prefered DM..

Zambara

Get in.

Leicester have to play Arsenal and Tottenham away too, before facing us.

Everything's coming up Solskjaer.

Destiny in our own hands.

should be looking at near max points from the next 5 matches.

then finish with Chelsea at home and Leicester away.

should be aiming for 3rd now.

RedDevilRoshi

As it stands:

PositionPlayedGoal DifPoints
3rdLeicester 32+2955
4thChelsea 32+1354
5thMan Utd 32+2052
6thWolves 32+1152

I reckon we are gonna get 3rd.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Still fancy us taking Leicester's spot over Chelsea's, but fecked if I care which one falls as long as one of them does. I've been hurt too much over the last few years to get too excited, but our form looking like it does I'm so pumped for seeing how we finish.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Technically is in our hands in a way. If we won all our games we would surely make up the 9 GD.

But we might not, so technically it’s not in our hands because if we were to qualify by GD it would mean Leicester win all their remaining games and lose to us.

But it’s semantics my man, we have an amazing chance now!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Superb couple of days.

One game at a time though, drill Bournemouth at home, and hope the rivals slip up again.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Saturday

15:00 Leicester vs Palace
15:00 United vs Bournemouth
17:30 Wolves vs Arsenal
20:00 Chelsea vs Watford

Should be above Chelsea before they kick off and hopefully right on Leicester should their slump continue.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Leicester still got to play likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Sheffield and us. No way they're getting even two wins out of that.

Reddevildans

I dont see anything to fear from this Chelsea side apart from pulisic running at the defence. Thier balls into the box also seem to be great but apart from that player wise theres nothing to get excited about.
Leicester have a tough run and will definitely drop more points. We have to get top 4 now!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saturday

15:00 Leicester vs Palace
15:00 United vs Bournemouth
17:30 Wolves vs Arsenal
20:00 Chelsea vs Watford

Should be above Chelsea before they kick off and hopefully right on Leicester should their slump continue.
Arsenal having a slight resurgence, but to say the least any dropped points in the other two games will be massively unexpected!

Red Stone

I'd say we're odds on for 3rd at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we bag 18 points from our remaining games considering our recent form. Leicester and Palace away are the only potential stumbling blocks, but we should be winning against Palace and Leicester look completely out of form. Other than that we have Southampton at home and three relegation candidates. Both Chelsea and Leicester have considerably harder run-ins.

Red Keane

Chelsea are now only 2 points ahead of us and are going to face both Liverpool & Wolves before the end of the season. United on the other hand should really be winning their remaining games other than Leicester (who judging by their post-lockdown performances, look beatable by United). So while we still have to win all our remaining games, at least now our performances alone will decide our fate.

And besides, even if we do end up in 5th, at least we still have the Europa League as a backup plan. Something neither Chelsea or Leicester have...

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Be fantastic to finish in the top 4 and not have to get in via the back door of city’s ban. Need to keep this momentum and have top 4 wrapped up by the time we play Chelsea.

acnumber9

No really because for it to come down to goal difference Leicester and Chelsea would have to win all but one too.