Top 4 race 2016/17

ROFLUTION

Why are you expecting or wishing injuries for other team players? It's not like injuries are a given, are they? Costa and Hazard were not injured in 14-15, Mahrez and Vardy were not injured in 15-16 for Leicester, injuries are a rare occurrence, not a common one apart from Arsenal ones.
Where on earth did you get this from? Are you even reading my posts, before you press the red outrage-button on your keyboard?

And Costa was very much a crook in 14-15, missing 66 games (edit, typo not days). Was out in October and most of April and May. Always had/has a small knock on him. And Mahrez + Vardy not out just proves my point - No injuries to key players means a great difference.

From memory, Rooney's always seemed to be out for a month each season during 06-10 too. Van Persie was also a crook once at Arsenal.

Giggs injury record was also big before he learned the arts of yoga and autofellatio.

Last edited:

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
Where on earth did you get this from? Are you even reading my posts, before you press the red outrage-button on your keyboard?

And Costa was very much a crook in 14-15, missing 66 games. Was out in October and most of April and May. Always had/has a small knock on him. And Mahrez + Vardy not out just proves my point - No injuries to key players means a great difference.

From memory, Rooney's always seemed to be out for a month each season during 06-10 too. Van Persie was also a crook once at Arsenal.

Giggs injury record was also big before he learned the arts of yoga and autofellatio.
I dunno where you got the Stat from but Costa played 26 pl games for us in 14-15 and scored 20. He was out for 12 pl games only but we had very capable backups in Drogba and Remy then.

ROFLUTION

Rafateria

What happened to injuries, this season? From memory, none of the big players seems to have had a month out or so.
I think you mean United haven't had any major injuries ? Or have they ? Back line perhaps. Liverpool lost Coutinho for 6-7 weeks, Sturridge is perma-injured, Matip has missed more matches than he's played. Lallana was out for a spell (3-4 weeks ?). Otherwise most players have been back within 1-2 weeks of injury.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Forget about
From Feb through to Apr 1:

Chelsea (A)
Hull (H)
Bayern (A)
Soton (A)
Liverpool (A)
Bayern (H)
Leicester (H)
WBA (A)
City (H)

Also doesn't include an away trip to potentially Soton in the FA Cup.
I prefer going into these games well-behind or as underdogs so we have nothing to lose.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A lot of factors have to be taken into consideration ... not just the points difference which most people seem to focus on. Euro matches, remaining schedule, goal difference, which teams at home and which away, current form, any other factors which are likely to feature/influence (cup runs, injuries, new arrivals, absenteeism due to AFCON etc.e
tc.
The best at summing all that up are those that make their living at it : the bookies. They seem to strongly favour three sides to make Top 4 and three sides battling for 4th :

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish
They change their minds more than Robbie Savage though.

If Liverpool lose their next 2, and we win our next 2, we'll suddenly be higher. That's how bookies work. it's on risk.

SirMattBugsby

From Feb through to Apr 1:

Chelsea (A)
Hull (H)
Bayern (A)
Soton (A)
Liverpool (A)
Bayern (H)
Leicester (H)
WBA (A)
City (H)

Also doesn't include an away trip to potentially Soton in the FA Cup.
Not to mention, the crunch games with Spurs and us after that. This is the year Wenger finally does it :drool:

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
They change their minds more than Robbie Savage though.

If Liverpool lose their next 2, and we win our next 2, we'll suddenly be higher. That's how bookies work. it's on risk.
You really think Pool will lose to Swansea and Chelsea at home?

::sonny::

1. Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal (50%), United (30%), City (18%), Everton (2%)

PepG

Supports
Ajax
1. Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal (50%), United (30%), City (18%), Everton (2%)
While i agree that Spurs are the team to beat currently in the Premier League i don' t think they will keep this form till the end of the season. They will be out of Top 4, as well as Arsenal in May. My prediction is not changed. Chelsea, Pool and both Manchester clubs are the top 4 teams for this season.

KN5

Arsenals schedule instantly puts them out of the top 4, sure they could come through it but I very much doubt it, Sanchez one foot out the door especially when you watch his frustrations, already crumbling under the pressure that should really not be that high given their squad. If city don't pick things up soon they'll also drop. The draw at OT vs LFC not looking too bad now knowing we'll at least be 5th at the end of Arsenals tough schedule, I'm pretty sure we play vs them and Spurs in the last few games on the season too? I back us in any clutch situation we're united (:

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
What happened to injuries, this season? From memory, none of the big players seems to have had a month out or so.
Coutinho missed about 6 weeks and Liverpool have felt it. Not necessarily in terms of results but more in terms of performance.

Oyibo

Arsenals schedule instantly puts them out of the top 4, sure they could come through it but I very much doubt it, Sanchez one foot out the door especially when you watch his frustrations, already crumbling under the pressure that should really not be that high given their squad. If city don't pick things up soon they'll also drop. The draw at OT vs LFC not looking too bad now knowing we'll at least be 5th at the end of Arsenals tough schedule, I'm pretty sure we play vs them and Spurs in the last few games on the season too? I back us in any clutch situation we're united (:
Yes we Have Arsenal and Tottenham in the last 3 games of the season, but both away....

KN5

Yes we Have Arsenal and Tottenham in the last 3 games of the season, but both away....
so what you're saying is we have the worst possible ending to the season in terms of fixtures in relation to squad positions?

Oyibo

so what you're saying is we have the worst possible ending to the season in terms of fixtures in relation to squad positions?
No, I wasn't going that deep and meaningful.

Simply saying we have a couple of tough games to finish with. So lets hope we keep beating the lower placed teams and start getting closer and closer.

KN5

No, I wasn't going that deep and meaningful.

Simply saying we have a couple of tough games to finish with. So lets hope we keep beating the lower placed teams and start getting closer and closer.
Haha woops! Yeah I get what you mean :P

djmanj

Supports
Arsenal
I feel Liverpool will lose a couple on the bounce opening up a window for the chasing pack but they will probably finish in the Top 4
Had to bump this. Nostradamus? Moi?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Still think Liverpool will finish fairly comfortably in the top 4. But I don't see them as real contenders for the title: their defence is way to porous for that .... it is very hard to imagine Spurs (for example) conceding 3 goals at home against the likes of Swansea.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Title well and truly over. I never believed it was ever on. In a slump. It happens. Utd could have overtaken us this weekend so it's lucky we got that draw.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Of course four points are not that much to make up in 17 games but look at the form of other contenders in Top 4. They are not dropping any points and dispatching weaker sides with ease so ultimately it's going to come to these H2H in Top 6 and at the moment we are yet to put a convincing performance vs any of the top 6. To makes thing tougher for us we play 3 of the current top 6 away from home.
Obviously not true. Everyone drops points as we just saw. We just need to take care of our business and not engage in pre-defeatist logic.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Title well and truly over. I never believed it was ever on. In a slump. It happens. Utd could have overtaken us this weekend so it's lucky we got that draw.
I'd say the 2-6 spots are all engaged in a top 4 battle at the moment, especially if we win and City beat Spurs today.

cyberman

Liverpool have Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal in their next 5 games.
They could drop like a stone, absolutely no form going into those games

AshfordLad

You think we can do a Swansea & win at Anfield?
I don't care, as long as we beat hull and arse at home and then burnley away. We are alright.

Though it would be great to take few more points off of the dippers and give Mou a little help for the top 4 race.

David Court

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I think Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal are nailed on top 4.

Perm one from three for the 4th...probably City.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool have Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal in their next 5 games.
They could drop like a stone, absolutely no form going into those games
We are suffering but it does seem like players aren't even trying against smaller teams. It's the Cities and Utd's we bother turning up for. We'll either drop like a stone like you say or Chelsea, Arsenal, etc, couldn't come at a better time.