Top 4 race 2016/17

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Perhaps its hard to evaluate Watford's result as Chelsea had already won the league l suppose, but we were at Watford only a few games a go, Deeney will kick you, they will go hard into the challenges, it will me scruffy, City like ourselves have had a lot of stumbles against lower league opposition so let's just see.
Away from home I think we've only dropped points to 'boro and Leicester of teams outside the top 7

Rafateria

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...e-play-off-against-sevilla-napoli-or-dortmund

Could be a tricky CL playoff for Liverpool if they don't make 3rd.
I've done this already in another thread. It's not as bad as Sky are painting it. We are, I think, already the 5th highest rated team as far as seedings go (5 teams are seeded in the 'League Section' of qualifying, and if Dortmund win on Sunday that will confirm them too. Sevilla are naturally seeded. Napoli are the outliers.

stevieg4ever

Supports
Liverpool
Ahahah! Just joking! Think we can handle the Europa League quite well with the likes of Chambers, Holding, Iwobi and Welbeck.
Most of your squad are Europa standard lol joke... yeah a year out will probably do you well, take the spot light off of your lot. But the Wenger contract speculation will go on l imagine.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Most of your squad are Europa standard lol joke... yeah a year out will probably do you well, take the spot light off of your lot. But the Wenger contract speculation will go on l imagine.
Well, he has to announce something soon, as he only has one month left on his contract.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Where's treble winning when you need him to say United can still grab top 4..........

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I've done this already in another thread. It's not as bad as Sky are painting it. We are, I think, already the 5th highest rated team as far as seedings go (5 teams are seeded in the 'League Section' of qualifying, and if Dortmund win on Sunday that will confirm them too. Sevilla are naturally seeded. Napoli are the outliers.
Napoli would be a bloody tough game, though.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Meh. Who wants top 4 when we can win trophies :p
Only someone not making the top 4 would say that. Funny how things change. It wasn't that long ago Mourinho was saying it was a nothing trophy and neither him or Manchester United wanted to be a part of it. Now it's so important the whole success of your season hangs on it

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Only someone not making the top 4 would say that. Funny how things change. It wasn't that long ago Mourinho was saying it was a nothing trophy and neither him or Manchester United wanted to be a part of it. Now it's so important the whole success of your season hangs on it
Lets face it though, you would swap your top 4 place for the Carling Cup and a EL win wouldn't you? Being 4th doesn't guarantee you CL either. :nervous:

Tbh though, we are miles behind from challenging, absolute miles. I actually have serious doubts we will win the final, because atm in time we are complete wank.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
As a neutral, Arsenal missing out would be more interesting than Liverpool missing out.
I'd find it more interesting and entertaining seeing Arsenal lose even more to Bayern next year, while Liverpool fans have to watch their team in the EL, which magically will become the best tournament of the year

el3mel

I'd find it more interesting and entertaining seeing Arsenal lose even more to Bayern next year, while Liverpool fans have to watch their team in the EL, which magically will become the best tournament of the year
Bayern will go 3rd in their group and switch to EL to beat Arsenal. Don't worry.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Napoli would be a bloody tough game, though.
Unless Dortmund manage to draw or lose this weekend and finish below Hoffenheim or Zenit manage to catch Moscow you won't be facing Napoli or Sevilla

Even if those things happened it would need Ajax and Dynamo Kyiv not to mess up in the 3rd round qualifying

Pretty sure Liverpool will be fine

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Lets face it though, you would swap your top 4 place for the Carling Cup and a EL win wouldn't you? Being 4th doesn't guarantee you CL either. :nervous:

Tbh though, we are miles behind from challenging, absolute miles. I actually have serious doubts we will win the final, because atm in time we are complete wank.
For the wins then yeah sure I would, but we are in a different situation to your boys. It's only the things Mourinho said about the UEL at the start of the season that now amuses me now. My wife a United fan and I can see the pain she is feeling when we talk about football at the moment but she is also very anti Mourinho. She says that she could not stand him when he was at Chelsea so she is not going like him now just because he is now at United.

Summit

For the wins then yeah sure I would, but we are in a different situation to your boys. It's only the things Mourinho said about the UEL at the start of the season that now amuses me now. My wife a United fan and I can see the pain she is feeling when we talk about football at the moment but she is also very anti Mourinho. She says that she could not stand him when he was at Chelsea so she is not going like him now just because he is now at United.
Where are these José quotes about the EL? I'm not questioning you, as you have no reason to lie, but I wouldn't mind a butchers at them because I don't remember him saying it as you put it. I though he said he would only take the EL seriously when it got to the semi's?

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Where are these José quotes about the EL? I'm not questioning you, as you have no reason to lie, but I wouldn't mind a butchers at them because I don't remember him saying it as you put it. I though he said he would only take the EL seriously when it got to the semi's?
It was about a week ago I saw them. I will try and find it and post it up tomorrow for you as I can only post 3 times a day in here and I've now done that responding to you.

Summit

It was about a week ago I saw them. I will try and find it and post it up tomorrow for you as I can only post 3 times a day in here and I've now done that responding to you.
PM me if you find them. I just don't remember José calling it a nothing trophy. I remember saying at the beginning of the season that it was a cup they didn't want to be part of, then later said if they reach the semi's he would take it seriously.

Rafateria

Christ man ! Talk about a love/hate relationship !!

:D

Last edited:

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.

No it wont. Nice to win it and going abroadbis always fun .

Anyway. Wouldnt surprise me if we dont win . We need to as Arsenal at home to Everton is at home banker.

Money to be made on that game.

Arsenal - -Arsenal
Overs 2.5
Overs 3.5
Overs 4.5 ( risky )
Arsenal to score both halfs

Robertd0803

Sky and BBC trying to hype up the possibility of a CL play off game is pathetic and just shows how this season has fizzled out. Arsenal will miss out on CL because City aren't stupid enough to blow a golden opportunity like they have and the goal difference over Arsenal is better anyway. Arsenal beating Everton isnt exactly a given either.

And does anyone really believe Boro will get anything other than a 5-0/6-0 hammering at Liverpool?

Sunday nights going to be a night to avoid anything football related considering all the media will be crowing about City and Liverpool making top 4.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I hope Arsenal make it at the expense of Manchester City, as unlikely as it is it would be hilarious.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool

Any other season I would totally agree with you, at the end of the day like you say finishing 4th doesn't guarantee CL and trophies are trophies and that's what we remember but this season is a bit different for LFC as far as us fans are concerned I think, at the beginning of this season I spoke to a lot of our fans and I would say about 90% of them wanted the same thing from this season and that was to see progress, I heard a lot of our fans saying to go from 8th to top 4 might be a bit much but as long as we are still fighting for top 4 come the end of the season then we would see that as progress, to be in a position were qualifying for top for is in our hands come the last day of the season is huge bonus for us, obviously a cup would have been nice but progress this season was priority for us.
Its no big secret that more than anything Liverpool fans want the Prem and for us to finish in the top 4 would be a massive step for us to achieve it, you are right though trophies are what counts but to be honest at this moment in time if I had a choice between qualify for CL through Europa Lge or via top 4, as a Liverpool fan and my expectations at the beginning of the season I would choose top 4.

foolsgold

If we win the EL and go into the CL, what happens to our EL place we earned from the league cup?

Could Southampton, WBA or Bornemouth be playing European football from 8th place?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
If points, goals for and against are equal it would be a playoff so it's not impossible. If Liverpool lose 2-0 and Arsenal draw 1-1 it would go to a playoff for fourth. :)
If we win the EL and go into the CL, what happens to our EL place we earned from the league cup?

Could Southampton, WBA or Bornemouth be playing European football from 8th place?
I guess the 7th placed team go the Europa League.