g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Top 4 race 2016/17

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
West Ham are in the middle of a tightly packed mid-table. A win against Liverpool leaves them with a chance of finishing 8th, which sounds a lot better than 15th.

cyberman

Playing West Ham away in their last home game of season looking for a win to qualify for the Cl.
What can go wrong?

MullerUtd

Seeing some posters saying Liverpool will beat West Ham comfortably? :lol: bet you guys are just trying to jinx them. You gotta be kidding me. Have you seen Liverpool record against West Ham? They are pretty shite at Upton Park. West Ham has a reputation for fecking up other teams hopes. They ruined our top 4 hopes last season and Spurs title hopes this season, not to mention this is their last game at Upton Park so they will want to give a good showing. I honestly can't see Liverpool winning this. They are screwed. And I am so fecking glad because I'd rather Arsenal top 4 than Liverpool because I genuinely hate Klopp and some of our resident Pool fans have become really unbearable these days.

Inter Yer Nan

Seeing some posters saying Liverpool will beat West Ham comfortably? :lol: bet you guys are just trying to jinx them. You gotta be kidding me. Have you seen Liverpool record against West Ham? They are pretty shite at Upton Park. West Ham has a reputation for fecking up other teams hopes. They ruined our top 4 hopes last season and Spurs title hopes this season, not to mention this is their last game at Upton Park so they will want to give a good showing. I honestly can't see Liverpool winning this. They are screwed. And I am so fecking glad because I'd rather Arsenal top 4 than Liverpool because I genuinely hate Klopp and some of our resident Pool fans have become really unbearable these days.
West Ham haven't played at Upton Park in a year mate.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Well, it's Europa or bust for us... if there was any hope of the conventional route into the CL before today, that should be well and truly buried now.

AXVnee7

That went well...

In fairness to you, West Ham are guilty of missing a gilt-edged chance to make it 1-1. Anything could've happened from there, but Liverpool have definitely shown more urgency over the game.

Shark

@NotShark
Well, it's Europa or bust for us... if there was any hope of the conventional route into the CL before today, that should be well and truly buried now.
We're one match away man. One match. I'd take this final over it coming down to the wire in this fecking league any day.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We're one match away man. One match. I'd take this final over it coming down to the wire in this fecking league any day.
I wonder if our players will be more concerned with winning the EL for the trophy or for knowing it's our only hope of the big time next season.

It's going to have all the tension of Moscow, for me, as it's a pivotal moment for us as a club. Whether we win or lose, I'm just praying we don't freeze on the night.

Morpheus 7

It's surprising how some are reacting, this was inevitable for weeks. United left themselves too much to do, Arsenal were rubbish until recently and Liverpool done enough against the top teams to squeeze them through. It's hardly an achievement getting fourth.

starman

Table is pretty much set, likely going to be done on Wednesday. When was the last time there was nothing to play for top and bottom of the table going into the last day of the season?

red4ever 79

This is good for Utd guys. Liverpool have had no European football this season and were able to pretty much play once per week and were still s*it. Next season they are going to be playing twice per week and with the state of their squad and lack of resources, it will hinder any Premier League charge. As for Arsenal, there is no way they will be up for the fight of Thursday- Sunday football. Southern p8ssies. That leaves Chelsea and City as our rivals next season both of whom are accustomed to Premier League/ Champions League football

AXVnee7

It's not over yet. City could drop points vs WBA.

I'd say Liverpool are practically there, and if City beat WBA then they should be too.

Shark

@NotShark
This is good for Utd guys. Liverpool have had no European football this season and were able to pretty much play once per week and were still s*it. Next season they are going to be playing twice per week and with the state of their squad and lack of resources, it will hinder any Premier League charge. As for Arsenal, there is no way they will be up for the fight of Thursday- Sunday football. Southern p8ssies. That leaves Chelsea and City as our rivals next season both of whom are accustomed to Premier League/ Champions League football
Spurs?

saivet

Hopefully Liverpool see it through on the final day. Rather them in 4th than than Arsenal.

Bojan11

Hopefully Liverpool see it through on the final day. Rather them in 4th than than Arsenal.
Why?

Wenger would stay and they will do their usual last 16 exit act.

Where as Liverpool would collapse if they had to play Thursday and Sunday.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
There's 10 teams in the qualifiers including the likes of

Sevilla
Napoli
Dortmund or Hoffenheim
Sporting Lisbon
Ajax
CSKA Moscow or Zenit St Petersberg
Nice

Would not be surprised if they end up getting knocked out before the group stage

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
There's 10 teams in the qualifiers including the likes of

Sevilla
Napoli
Dortmund or Hoffenheim
Sporting Lisbon
Ajax
CSKA Moscow or Zenit St Petersberg
Nice

Would not be surprised if they end up getting knocked out before the group stage
Not by us. It would be their best chance since we always choke in the playoffs (except one time against a crappy israeli team).

Dash247

All the top 4 or top 5 teams have scored 70+ goals as of now this season and we are still at 50 goals mark. We are well over 20 goals short. All those 1-1 and 1-0 games are hurting us. Some things need to change next season. We have to wrap up the game before opposition could think about getting back into it.
Even Everton who are behind us have scored 10 more goals.

saivet

Why?

Wenger would stay and they will do their usual last 16 exit act.

Where as Liverpool would collapse if they had to play Thursday and Sunday.
I don't see Liverpool doing anything in the CL and I don't think them being in the CL will be that much of a difference in the transfer window. Think it would hurt Arsenal more transfer wise.

Bojan11

I don't see Liverpool doing anything in the CL and I don't think them being in the CL will be that much of a difference in the transfer window. Think it would hurt Arsenal more transfer wise.
Arsenal barely sign anyone anyway. They come close though. Don't think it will change the mind of Sanchez.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
How is this good for united? CHELSEA and CITY as rivals? They've always been your rivals. Just not competitively this season. After spending 150 million and failing miserably, what makes you think next season is better for united if LIVERPOOL take 3rd or fourth?

Camilo

This has been pathetic. What an embarrassing half of football. Again.

stevieg4ever

Supports
Liverpool
We will add a net total of 5 games during the course of the regular season (having qualified for Europe we will enter the league cup a round later), from mid September to Early December, if this season's dates are anything to go by and if we perform and advance as we did in the league cup. It isn't the doomsday scenario everyone on Redcafe expects. We will invariably strengthen the squad, have our long term injured players back (Gomez, Ings, Henderson too) and possibly even recall the loanees (Ojo for sure, Flanagan as well) and hopefully we won't be going to Dagastan or Almaty as Europa participants tend to. No African Cup of Nations as well is a welcomed bonus too (Matip and Mane).

If anything we need luck with injuries as most of our front line have faced spells out at one time or another as opposed to worrying about fixture 'congestion'.

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
Awful, awful, awful. Mourinho needs to wobble his head and change the tactics. Poch is wiping the floor with him and our team.

stevieg4ever

Supports
Liverpool
Was expecting more kids in the Utd lineup, Pogba twins and Herrera aside not far off full strength from what l can see!

AXVnee7

Was expecting more kids in the Utd lineup, Pogba twins and Herrera aside not far off full strength from what l can see!
Pogba, Herrera, Valencia, Zlatan/Rashford, Rojo and possibly Mkhi is some way off a full strength Utd.

Rojo and Bailly established themselves as our best CB partnership during our unbeaten run.

Fwiw I think Spurs would've been slightly too strong for even a full strength Utd, especially on such an occasion as this at WHL. But conversely a full United team would have made a better fist of it.

GrandJury

Yeah what an idiot Mourinho is prioritising the final of the Europa over the 0.5% chance we have of top 4 /s

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
had we a player like Hernandez I'd say wed have turned at least 3/4 of those draws into wins...
Are you saying, that if you had Hernandez, you would be right up there, head to head with Chelsea, challenging for the league??

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Utd mathematically out of the top 4 running now.:D So its officially now a three way tussle for 3rd and 4th places (and 5th obviously) between the others.

Cloud7

The league performance this season has absolutely not been good enough. There are factors to take into account, and we may well still end up in the CL, but the fact remains it simply has not been good enough.

buckooo1978

Are you saying, that if you had Hernandez, you would be right up there, head to head with Chelsea, challenging for the league??
no I said I'd have fancied us to have turned at least 3 or 4 of those draws into wins

is that not clear enough? where are you getting Chelsea from?