Top 4 race / race abandoned (or maybe not) / Leicester & Chelsea in the process of bottling it

always_hoping

Man United 11 points off 5th with 6 games to play, hands up you thought that was possible in early November?

Infra-red

We guarantee top four with 6 more points.
Great, let's beat Leeds and Liverpool because, well, they are Leeds and Liverpool.

The temptation to play the reserves vs Leicester will be strong if we have top 4 done, have a Europa final still to play and if it might stop one/both of Chelsea/Liverpool getting in.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Leicester can build a buffer of 4 points if they beat West Brom. If they can't take advantage of Chelsea and Liverpool dropping points and Chelsea/West Ham taking points off each other at the weekend then frankly they don't deserve it.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The ESL teams are all getting points deductions and Euro bans.

The CL teams from the PL next year will not contain any of the ESL cnuts

Remember this post

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Huge game. It's a real battle for top-4 now. I did think Chelsea would've done a bit better... WDLWD isn't great. Are they picking up form, or losing steam? I can't tell.
Hard to draw any conclusions from this game given everything that's been going on. All indications are that preparations were hugely disrupted, and on top of that we've played 2 knockout cup ties since Brighton played Everton 8 days ago.

I also suspect Tuchel was resting players to the extent he could given we have West Ham and then Real Madrid in our next two fixtures - those are much more likely to be season-defining.

Lee565

West ham have royally screwed a likely once in a lifetime opportunity to get champions league football and they have bottled it big time.

Here's hoping spurs creep into top 4 just for the laughs of seeing them raise their game straight after Mourinho is sacked and is shown up as a manager that is past it.

always_hoping

As it stands

Remaining fixtures.

Leicester - Palace (H) Southampton (A) Newcastle (H) Man United (A) Chelsea (A) Tottenham (H)

Chelsea - West Ham (A) Fulham (H) Man City (A) Arsenal (H) Leicester (H) Villa (A)

West Ham - Chelsea (H) Burnley (A) Everton (H) Brighton (A) West Brom (A) Southampton (H)

Tottenham - Sheff United (H) Leeds (A) Wolves (H) Villa (H) Leicester (A)

Liverpool - Newcastle (H) Man United (A) Southampton (H) West Brom (A) Burnley (A) Palace (H)

Everton - Arsenal (A) Villa (H) West ham (A) Sheff United (H) Wolves (H) Villa (A) Man City (A)

cyberman

What a week for Leicester and they have 3 easy games next. They should be through.
Lets go West Ham

Judas

Open to offers
Now that Jose is gone I don't mind Spurs getting top 4 at the expense of Chelsea and Liverpool, so plenty of other teams to cheer on.

I still think it'll be Chelsea and Liverpool. Leicester are in a great position but I simply don't trust them not to feck it up.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Now that Jose is gone I don't mind Spurs getting top 4 at the expense of Chelsea and Liverpool, so plenty of other teams to cheer on.

I still think it'll be Chelsea and Liverpool. Leicester are in a great position but I simply don't trust them not to feck it up.
I don’t trust us either!

Lappen

I now think the three first spots is taken.
I would love if West Ham or Everton to get the last spot, but I think Chelsea is the strongest team at the moment. Liverpool is still a really good team and they are for sure one of the favorites in the race, but my prediction is that they don't catch up Chelsea and end up at fifth place.
This is exactly vy I love premier league!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still think Liverpool somehow get in despite being proper shit.
Great last 4 games, but so have West Ham.
Just depends if they can see Chelsea off today. Would be a huge win.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If Chelsea win today that is pretty much top 4 sorted imo.
No chance!

Chelsea still have a derby against Fulham, City, Arsenal and Leicester as their last four games with the distraction of European games.

After us, Liverpool have Southampton, West Brom, Burnley and Palace!

Only 4 points in it.

West Ham only 3 points back with four winnable games too.

Not even to mention that Leicester have a tough game against Newcastle, followed by United and Chelsea away as their last two.

It’s far from over.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Chelsea 3 points clear of 5th
CAF: its over

Man Utd 11 points clear of 5th
CAF: still need a few more wins

:lol::lol::lol:

mu4c_20le

That was a six pointer. Fair result would've been a draw, but this is worse for pool I guess

always_hoping

As it stands 5 points required from Man Uniteds final 6 league games to secure a top 4 finish for the 2nd season in a row for the first time since Ferguson retired.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That was a six pointer. Fair result would've been a draw, but this is worse for pool I guess
A draw? West Ham did feck all. We missed at least 2 sitters and I don't think Mendy made a single save.

A fair result would've been 2 or 3 nil. Them getting someone sent off with 9 mins to go does not change that.

Lee565

No chance!

Chelsea still have a derby against Fulham, City, Arsenal and Leicester as their last four games with the distraction of European games.

Only 4 points in it.

Not even to mention that Leicester have a tough game against Newcastle, followed by United and Chelsea away as their last two.

It’s far from over.
I'm just not seeing it, liverpool are too inconsistent as seen today so none of their fixtures are a sure thing.

West ham are predictably in full on bottle mode.

Chelsea have been in very good form since tuchel took over so i don't see them dropping many points in their remaining games.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
No chance!

Only 4 points in it.

It’s far from over.
Yeah, I can still see West Ham getting to 68 points, whilst the Dippers look good for 67 points as long as we do our bit. Chelsea's run in is horrific, they could easily end up on 66 points or something and it wouldn't even be a bad effort.