Music Top five rappers all time

Red_Aaron

Meth is an enigma for me, should feature more prominently on these lists but rarely does
Delivery is flawless, wordplay and vocab are huge , his voice is buttery soft, can touch on every subject, genuinely funny, metaphors for days, at ease amongst all styles of collaborators or producers
And yet his debut aside his solos have largely underwhelmed, I wonder if he's that bothered sometimes and if he's just so naturally good he doesn't try much.
He's an interesting case when we talk about lyricists in here, for me he's the perfect example of why the greats are more than just that, imagine someone like Pac with meths ability the GOAT tag wouldn't even be up for discussion

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surprisingly decent taste y'all have. I only got 2 pages in tho...

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Not one of the best rappers of all time by a long shot, but does anyone rate Berner? He's so underrated it's not even funny. Many rap fans don't even know him.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Let’s do best groups of all time next.

Bone Thugs n Harmony are the goat group for me. They’re also incredibly underrated. I rarely see them pop up on lists when people talk about the ‘good old days’ of Hip Hop.
Wu Tang all day every day.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
I though that I should mention french rappers too, I think that there is a big difference in terms of production compared to most countries, here you have Akhenaton from IAM:
J'approuve, JPRouve! You clearly know your shit! Petit frere, Ecole du micro d'argent.. so damn good. Shame most guys in this thread won't understand the lyrics as I think french rap very often is better than US rap. Fonky Family was the goddamn shit too back in the day. Don Choa wouldn't look out of place in these lists imo.

Rakim
Slick Rick
GZA
Easy E
Andre 3000

Nas is the only one of the exclusions that would make a top 5 list.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
J'approuve, JPRouve! You clearly know your shit! Petit frere, Ecole du micro d'argent.. so damn good. Shame most guys in this thread won't understand the lyrics as I think french rap very often is better than US rap. Fonky Family was the goddamn shit too back in the day. Don Choa wouldn't look out of place in these lists imo.
Yeah, the language is an important barrier but quality wise french rap has some pretty good artists. On a side note I stopped listening to french rap years ago and only went back to it in the last months, 90s and early 2000s sounds were pretty good.

RedTiger

Half mast
Yeah, the language is an important barrier but quality wise french rap has some pretty good artists. On a side note I stopped listening to french rap years ago and only went back to it in the last months, 90s and early 2000s sounds were pretty good.
Even though I've never understood the lyrics, I always liked the flows and especially the beats(france always had/has world class DJs).

lsd

The Oracle
I don't want to pick into anyone's selections as it's all opinions but I'm genuinely baffled by Eazy E being on more than one posters list .

Can anyone explain it as to me he literally had to be walked through a song one line at a time and even then was always the weakest part of the group .

Plus he didn't even write his raps .

On another note now I think of NWA Ren should be a lot higher on these lists

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't want to pick into anyone's selections as it's all opinions but I'm genuinely baffled by Eazy E being on more than one posters list .

Can anyone explain it as to me he literally had to be walked through a song one line at a time and even then was always the weakest part of the group .

Its because he is so god damn cool. Might be the coolest of them all. But no he wasn't very talented. D.O.C is the one out of that bunch that might have been the most talented, imo.

lsd

The Oracle
Its because he is so god damn cool. Might be the coolest of them all. But no he wasn't very talented. D.O.C is the one out of that bunch that might have been the most talented, imo.

Yeah can't argue with that I guess . Also the DOC album was excellent

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid

What?! Eazy E had a sick flow to his rap, man. How is he not one of the best rappers ever?

Mind you, I did not know that he didn't write his own lyrics.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Despite that he could rap and one of the most iconic flows/voice in the history of the genre, he didn’t do bad at all.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Dont get me wrong vato, I loved his flow as well:)
Hehe, these threads are all subjective.

I just think it's weird when people try to tell others that what they like is wrong.

Like say, Andre3000. I get that a lot of people rate him as a rapper when I don't even consider him to be a rapper. More of a singer to me, I just don't like how he sounds.

RedTiger

Half mast

I just think it's weird when people try to tell others that what they like is wrong.

Like say, Andre3000. I get that a lot of people rate him as a rapper when I don't even consider him to be a rapper. More of a singer to me, I just don't like how he sounds.
I think your opinion of Andre was probably formed after the last three albums (Stankonia, Speakerboxxx and Idlewild), Outkasts first three albums were very different and Andre's style a little different. Imo the first 3 albums were up there with the best ever in hip-hop.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think your opinion of Andre was probably formed after the last three albums (Stankonia, Speakerboxxx and Idlewild), Outkasts first three albums were very different and Andre's style a little different. Imo the first 3 albums were up there with the best ever in hip-hop.
He didn't rap much in speakerboxx either though.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Dunno, never bought any of his albums or looked him up or anything. I based my opinion on his more commercial stuff indeed.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Listen to Atliens and Aquemini.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Listen to Atliens and Aquemini.
Just listened to them for a bit, I liked '13th floor/growing old' on Atliens, the rest not so much.

Aquemini was a better, some good tracks on that one with 'Rosa Parks', 'Skew it on the Bar-b' and 'Mamacita' as my favorites. Still, I wouldn't put him in my personal top10 (not even top 25 tbh) as I don't really like the sound of his voice/flow. And that's a big part of it for me, but that's just personal taste.

Loublaze

ATLien
Anyway, these lists always end up becoming generic just as greatest footballer lists do.

A more pertinent and less asked question would be the top 3 greatest female emcees. I'll start it off with my personal favourites in no order;

Foxy
Digga
Lyte
I have mad love for all these chicks but Lauryn Hill shits all over them for me with her mic skills. Props to Lil Kim as well. The Notorious K.I.M was an immense album and she showed everyone that she could more than hold her own lyrically after Biggie's death.

Lauryn Hill
Queen Latifah
Remy Ma
Jean Grae
MC Lyte

Spoony

The People's President
I have mad love for all these chicks but Lauryn Hill shits all over them for me with her mic skills. Props to Lil Kim as well. The Notorious K.I.M was an immense album and she showed everyone that she could more than hold her own lyrically after Biggie's death.

Lauryn Hill
Queen Latifah
Remy Ma
Jean Grae
MC Lyte

MC Lyte and Latifah for me. Also anyone remember a female rapper called Boss? She was good and then seemed to fade into obvilion.

lsd

The Oracle
MC Lyte and Latifah for me. Also anyone remember a female rapper called Boss? She was good and then seemed to fade into obvilion.

Yeah deeper and recipe were great songs .I read she got serious kidney problems which she took years to recover from .

Also she got outed as a posh girl faking gangsta which those days mattered a lot .

She was a great rapper tho

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah deeper and recipe were great songs .I read she got serious kidney problems which she took years to recover from .

Also she got outed as a posh girl faking gangsta which those days mattered a lot .

She was a great rapper tho

In that case, majority of rappers were/are fakers. But yeah she was good.

Last edited: