Top of the League!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Agreed but why do we need to wait till summer?

We're on a very BIG chance to win the title this year. If the board wants to win the title, we must buy now. If we fail to capitalise on this we'd definitely regret for years.
This is what I've been saying.

It's okay if Woodward didnt really back Ole as much during last summer because ultimately I think more than half the club were unsure if he were able to do a good job here or if we need someone like Pochettino.

Now in the January transfer window we are title challengers with so many gaps in our squad. Ole is absolutely making some players that didnt look that great before atleast look good enough to be title contenders all across the squad.

He should be backed this January but it's not looking to happen so far, which is irritating.

Atleast a single signing to give us a boost midseason bit like Bruno did.

Strelok

Because we need Bonafide starters in all these positions ideally and you don't often see those kind of players moving during January transfer window.
The idea is to strengthen our squad as much as possible. We don't even need to buy, one or two loan of established players would considerable boost our depth and strength imo.

Strelok

This is what I've been saying.

It's okay if Woodward didnt really back Ole as much during last summer because ultimately I think more than half the club were unsure if he were able to do a good job here or if we need someone like Pochettino.

Now in the January transfer window we are title challengers with so many gaps in our squad. Ole is absolutely making some players that didnt look that great before atleast look good enough to be title contenders all across the squad.

He should be backed this January but it's not looking to happen so far, which is irritating.

Atleast a single signing to give us a boost midseason bit like Bruno did.
Yeah tbh I'll be very very disappointed if we don't buy or loan anyone this Jan. It'd tell you a lot about our true ambition imo.

croadyman

Agreed but why do we need to wait till summer?

We're on a very BIG chance to win the title this year. If the board wants to win the title, we must buy now. If we fail to capitalise on this we'd definitely regret for years.

It's not like Liverpool would got all of their best CBs injured every year. And City will buy a striker to replace Aguero soon.
Hate to break it to you but only Ole, the players and us supporters are the ones who want to win the title whereas the board are just bothered about making sure we are in the top 4 again next season

Hughie77

1 game at a time, Fulham tomorrow, we need to go again, intensity, and aggressive make things happen . Fulham are a decent side well in the Chelsea game before sending off, and not to bad after it. 3 pts needed as City play Villa before utd, and can see them winning. We just got to keep going and winning . Draws can really put you backwards. Can see this league even being won on goal difference, so goals needed as well. Come on lads

croadyman

May need to adjust the title of this thread as Leicester are certainly making us pay for that draw on Sunday

Glorio

Well ... Appears we're about to be leapfrogged for the time being.
Chelsea look like they're in a bad way

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We shouldn't get too carried away. Looking like we'll be behind Leicester tonight. Only 5 points ahead of West Ham. Just finishing top 4 will be tough.

lsd

The Oracle
Well it was good while it lasted. Wasn't expecting it to be Leicester

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
United? Not a chance we make a signing in Jan!
Yeah, not like we've made any large signings in Jan the last couple years or anything...

That said, you're probably right, I do not trust Ed to make sensible signings when they're needed in the slightest. I can imagine he waits until he's passing out from hunger pains before ordering his take-away.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It's reached that point of the season that I'd celebrate every 3 points as if it's a 98th minute winner at Anfield.

Bricking it already, and it's against bloody Fulham.

croadyman

United? Not a chance we make a signing in Jan!
Absolutely convinced the only signing we were serious about making in January was Trippier but then he got that 10 week suspension and Utd pulled down the shutters on any incomings.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well it was nice while it lasted, our descent down the table has begun

Remember when it was a 0-0 at Anfield that fecked us over in 17/18 as well when we were top of the league (not saying we'd of won it that year anyway of course)

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Half way through the season, on course for 80 points. Big growth.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Man, if only Sheik City weren't so good defensively, I'd really believe. Still, we are on course to be solidly top 4, so let's keep it up!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well it was nice while it lasted, our descent down the table has begun

Remember when it was a 0-0 at Anfield that fecked us over in 17/18 as well when we were top of the league (not saying we'd of won it that year anyway of course)
Jinx works again :lol:

Siorac

Half way through the season, on course for 80 points. Big growth.
Yeah, if we get another 40 points in the second half of the season, that'll be a very nice league campaign. We won't win the title because, well, you can't win a league without ever really getting easy, confident wins. But 80 points would almost certainly mean being within 10 points of the eventual winners, and definitely top 3.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah, if we get another 40 points in the second half of the season, that'll be a very nice league campaign. We won't win the title because, well, you can't win a league without ever really getting easy, confident wins. But 80 points would almost certainly mean being within 10 points of the eventual winners, and definitely top 3.
Yeah I agree! I don’t think we win it, I’m honestly just enjoying the ride week in and week out, fun to be on top again. :D

stu_1992

Look I know it's only half way and City could pass us with their game in hand BUT it's very nice to see us up there at the minute. A great change from previous seasons.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Got to keep up with City over the next few games. They're going to stroll their next few fixtures, whilst we've got some tough ones. If we come out of that run ahead or level, then we may be involved in something came May.

VivaRonaldo85

What a delight to be back competing at the top. There’s been so many years of dross, we deserve this moment.

Might I say that we are also there in spite of two (Martial & Greenwood) of our clinical front three from last season not even having shown up the first half of this season. Imagine if those two actually go on a run of scoring some goals again.... we could really do something here now.

TheGame

17 away games unbeaten now. Best general unbeaten run in the top 5 leagues in Europe I believe that was mentioned in the commentary.

Considering we are top and our forwards haven’t fired yet, we could still improve a lot.

Eriku

17 away games unbeaten now. Best general unbeaten run in the top 5 leagues in Europe I believe that was mentioned in the commentary.

Considering we are top and our forwards haven’t fired yet, we could still improve a lot.
My thinking exactly. Greenwood, Rashford, and Martial have all looked less than lethal for a while now, and a lot of our play against a settled defence is fine margin stuff.

pav1790

If we get 80 points, and knowing where we need to improve - a good summer could put us over 90 points mark. That's good enough to be champions - or in some unfortunate season - remarkable contenders. This season, lads should just go for what they can - do their best. If we end up anywhere along the top 4 with 12-14 points more than last season, I'd say that is progress.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Where the feck have City come from btw?? Bunch of cnuts. I thought they was having a shit season then all of a sudden they were top!

Siorac

Where the feck have City come from btw?? Bunch of cnuts. I thought they was having a shit season then all of a sudden they were top!
They won six in a row; that sort of thing tends to be helpful.