Top three outfield players in the Premier League?

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
It's pretty likely that hardly any defenders will feature, so we may as well exclude them :nervous:...

I'll go with:

1) Aguero
2) Silva
3) Sanchez

I've gone for three to make it a little harder than the usual 'top 10' etc.

Clas Sified

Based on this season alone:
1) Mahrez
2) Silva
3) Vardy

Some people will say I'm overrating the two Leicester players, but based on this season, they more then deserve to be there IMO.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
It's gonna be 3 from 4 of Sanchez, Silva, Aguero and Hazard, depending on form at the time.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Okay, I can see we're all going to say pretty much the same thing. :lol:
This thread wont go very far.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
It's pretty likely that hardly any defenders will feature, so we may as well exclude them :nervous:...

I'll go with:

1) Aguero
2) Silva
3) Sanchez

That's the right answer. Not hard at all.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's not that hard at the moment- Aguero, Silva, Hazard and Sanchez are a level above anyone else in the league.

Revan

Assumptionman
Discounting current form:

1) Aguero
2) Silva
3) Hazard

Sanchez just below them.

jojose

Individual performances this season.......nobody has been any better than Chris Smalling!

IwatUwat

Aguero, Sanchez, (third is tough) on current form Silva ... but players below have a shout

Hazard, Toure, Fabregas, Kompany

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Aguero, Sanchez, (third is tough) on current form Silva ... but players below have a shout

Hazard, Toure, Fabregas, Kompany
Toure, fabregas and Kompany are nowhere near mate. They are a good few levels below. Maybe toure 2 years ago but he's been inconsistent and below par for a while. Fabregas hasn't been a top player since his arsenal days, and Kompany has only had 1 good month this season, you can't ignore the last 2-3 seasons that were shit pretty much.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Individual performances this season.......nobody has been any better than Chris Smalling!
Not much between him and Ashley Williams this year so far. Easily the best CB pairing in the league.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He a very good player, just not on the level of silva, sanchez, hazard or aguero. He's in the tier below that has plenty of others.
I'm not sure about that. It might be too early to put him next to the already established names but then it would be too early to put him anywhere (in this case in the tier below), as well. What he's shown so far is no worse than anything Sanchez, Hazard or Aguero have. He may or may not keep it up but there's no evidence to suggest that he's less of a player, so far.

bosnian_red

I'm not sure about that. It might be too early to put him next to the already established names but then it would be too early to put him anywhere (in this case in the tier below), as well. What he's shown so far is no worse than anything Sanchez, Hazard or Aguero have. He may or may not keep it up but there's no evidence to suggest that he's less of a player, so far.
I've seen plenty of him, he's a brilliant player of course, he's just not on the same level as the others. He's not as good individually, doesn't possess the same pace as Sanchez, Hazard or Aguero, and just doesn't have the same star quality as those 3. Just don't see him ever reaching their level either really simply because of his skill set. Doesn't have that explosiveness.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
How about top 3 outfield players excluding Aguero, Hazard, Sanchez or Silva as they are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack?

I'd go with (in no particular order):

Kevin De Bruyne
Coutinho
Mata

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I've seen plenty of him, he's a brilliant player of course, he's just not on the same level as the others. He's not as good individually, doesn't possess the same pace as Sanchez, Hazard or Aguero, and just doesn't have the same star quality as those 3. Just don't see him ever reaching their level either really simply because of his skill set. Doesn't have that explosiveness.
Fair enough. I'm yet to be convinced of either but I'm not disagreeing.

bosnian_red

How about top 3 outfield players excluding Aguero, Hazard, Sanchez or Silva as they are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack?

I'd go with (in no particular order):

Kevin De Bruyne
Coutinho
David De Gea
De Gea isn't an outfield player

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

I'll go with:

1) Aguero
2) Silva
3) Sanchez

Think you've pretty much got it spot on. Argument for Hazard too I guess. Nobody comes close to these guys based on what we have seen in the past. There's a few players who could potentially be considered in the future but these guys are clearly the best IMO.