Tosin Adarabioyo - Available free this summer

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
No brainer. Don't know why we don't use the free transfer market more. Barkley is another no brainer who I also understand would be a free transfer, to replace Eriksen
Because it’s way more cool to buy the same quality of player for £38m from Benfica, Marseille or Ajax.

OverratedOpinion

He actually looks really bloody good when I have seen him. I imagine he will have a lot of suitors.

Widow

Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami Adarabioyo

I'm definitely asking for his full name to be put on the back of my shirt!

Devil81

With Evans and Varane likely going it makes perfect sense to take advantage of a free transfer with this lad. He has potential and if it fails you move him on for a low fee as you've picked him up for a free anyway.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Who the feck is Lloyd Kelly? Weird enough to be linked with Tosin, never mind some sort of Champ Man regen Watford player sounding one as well.

soapythecat

I watched the Fulham game yesterday - well, first half anyway, and he looked calm and composed. Very comfortable on the ball and playing out from the back when under pressure. Selling Lindlof for £1 and bringing this lad in would be a good move. Doubt he'd come to play as back up though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You can't bench a young player forever. The logical step up for him would be becoming 4th CB, after showing promising performances recently.
Ideally we'd replace all of Maguire, Varane and Lindelof, and you need 4-5 CBs who are actually reliable and stay fit. So kambwala, Tosin, Martinez is only 3 of them. Still would need to add Branthwaite or Todibo really.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ideally we'd replace all of Maguire, Varane and Lindelof, and you need 4-5 CBs who are actually reliable and stay fit. So kambwala, Tosin, Martinez is only 3 of them. Still would need to add Branthwaite or Todibo really.
Agree. Although I don’t really have an opinion on Tosin

aeh1991

Yea I agree. I wouldn't mind Tosin if he is not ahead of Kambwala but both competing for the 4th spot. And I'd keep Maguire for one more season if we can't sign two CBs for money. So we'd have: RCB, Licha, Maguire, Kambwala/Tosin

ps: also Luke as LCB after we sign a starting LB

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
You can't bench a young player forever. The logical step up for him would be becoming 4th CB, after showing promising performances recently.
I expect us to lose Varane, Maguire, Lindeloff and Maguire. Leaving is with Martinez who at the momment has fitness issues. Thats why in my view we need a starter plus 3 as cover. We have one in Kambwala and we can add tosin and Kelly for Zip. With the added Bonus a Kelly can actually play left back proper covering the oft broken Shaw/Malacia Which is why I don't think Willy would in that scenario lack playing time

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Agree. Although I don’t really have an opinion on Tosin
Yeah I have never paid attention to him but he's 4 years younger than our trio of highly paid injury prone CB's, on a free, and has a very good injury history. That's enough for me. Gotta get some free guys in to the squad when we have so much to do.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah I have never paid attention to him but he's 4 years younger than our trio of highly paid injury prone CB's, on a free, and has a very good injury history. That's enough for me. Gotta get some free guys in to the squad when we have so much to do.
Not if hes shite…

Reyoji-Utd

Is he worse than our CBs? If so then ok, dont need. If hes on par then on a free is mad not to look into him. I think if for me i would fix our Defense peoblem first and foremost. Its the foundation of most style of play that modern football are based off now. We need fast, athleticism, good techical aspects, composure CBs to help us make up the space between defense and midfield. Our CBs cannot do that or just not that type to do it.

If we have any money to buy at least 2 CBs then its good to go ahead and TRY to move 3 CBs out Maguire, Lindelof, Varane, and get the new RCB, LCB (LB or LCB that can play LB) and 1 free CB or any variety of them.

MrBrightside1989

I think maguire will stay on for another season.
Would be happy to get varane and lindelof off the wage book though. I assume Tosin would be on substantially less money than both of them, even if signing on a free

reddevilchennai

I expect us to lose Varane, Maguire, Lindeloff and Maguire. Leaving is with Martinez who at the momment has fitness issues. Thats why in my view we need a starter plus 3 as cover. We have one in Kambwala and we can add tosin and Kelly for Zip. With the added Bonus a Kelly can actually play left back proper covering the oft broken Shaw/Malacia Which is why I don't think Willy would in that scenario lack playing time
We are never going to sell Maguire, Lindelof, Varane (out of contract) in a single window. I assume Maguire would stay for 1 more season or Varane signs a 1 yearly contract extension.

tomaldinho1

We are never going to sell Maguire, Lindelof, Varane (out of contract) in a single window. I assume Maguire would stay for 1 more season or Varane signs a 1 yearly contract extension.
Varane I’d consider 100% gone. Lindelof it depends on if he wants to leave, the management likely would be happy to keep him around as an average squad player on comparatively low wages for another season or two. Maguire is the big question mark - will anyone want him and will we think it’s worth keeping him? He’s a good 3rd choice CB.

daba

Varane I’d consider 100% gone. Lindelof it depends on if he wants to leave, the management likely would be happy to keep him around as an average squad player on comparatively low wages for another season or two. Maguire is the big question mark - will anyone want him and will we think it’s worth keeping him? He’s a good 3rd choice CB.
For me, we can’t afford to have Maguire as 3rd choice as he impedes our ability to play a high line so much. Tactically we need consistency so we can’t be changing this as soon as we have an injury and Maguire plays. As a 4th choice maybe he could stick around for another year, but if we get a decent offer for him this summer I would take it.

tomaldinho1

For me, we can’t afford to have Maguire as 3rd choice as he impedes our ability to play a high line so much. Tactically we need consistency so we can’t be changing this as soon as we have an injury and Maguire plays. As a 4th choice maybe he could stick around for another year, but if we get a decent offer for him this summer I would take it.
In an ideal world, of course he's gone, but in reality will we really ship out Varane, Lindelof, Maguire, Casemiro, Martial, Amarabat is going back as well, all in one window? There could be more as well.

You are assuming Maguire desires to stay to back up ,yet again if ETH stays. Yet he has returned to form.

You have also forgotten he is a good sellable asset for raising money if we desire to strengthen that department.

Lindeloff has pretty much said he desires to seek first team football elsewhere and he is a saleable asset.

Varane isn't being renewed.

In an ideal world, of course he's gone, but in reality will we really ship out Varane, Lindelof, Maguire, Casemiro, Martial, Amarabat is going back as well, all in one window? There could be more as well.
There is no reason why we can't. Beyond the fact we have had an utterly incompetent front office for ages, unable to buy, sale and negotiate competently. Let alone use utilize the free transfer market

Last edited:

Hughes35

Get him in to replace to Lindelof, and replace Evans with Kambwala.

£0 well spent :angel:
This, this a million times this. Then if you get any decent offers for Maguire you use that money for another replacement.

Amazes me why we don't work like this more often.

daba

As @Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber said, why not?

- Varane’s contract is going
- Lindelof has 1 year left, so we either keep and lose for free (not great for FFP or the squad tbh), extend him to protect his value (like Woodward would do), or sell him now.
- Maguire, similar situation to Lindelof but we have a year option to extend. At the right price there will be Prem interest in him, just more a question if Harry wants to leave.
- Casemiro is sadly no longer up to it for some reason and there’s been constant murmurs of Saudi interest, so in a heartbeat INEOS will sell as it helps with FFP massively too.
- Martial is obviously gone
- Amrabat obviously won’t be extended to a permanent deal

The ‘more’ you allude to are largely all players out on loan so, yes we can expect them to either be sold or loaned again.

For me, something like signing Martinez, Todibo, Adarabioyo and keeping Kambwala as 4th with keeping Evans on as a 5th choice is a realistic prospect. Although I do think Kambwala could do with a loan as I’ve mentioned in other posts, in which case I’d be okay if we kept Maguire as the 4th choice.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

- Lindelof has 1 year left, so we either keep and lose for free (not great for FFP or the squad tbh), extend him to protect his value (like Woodward would do), or sell him now.
- Maguire, similar situation to Lindelof but we have a year option to extend. At the right price there will be Prem interest in him, just more a question if Harry wants to leave.
- Casemiro is sadly no longer up to it for some reason and there’s been constant murmurs of Saudi interest, so in a heartbeat INEOS will sell as it helps with FFP massively too.

The ‘more’ you allude to are largely all players out on loan so, yes we can expect them to either be sold or loaned again.

For me, something like signing Martinez, Todibo, Adarabioyo and keeping Kambwala as 4th with keeping Evans on as a 5th choice is a realistic prospect. Although I do think Kambwala could do with a loan as I’ve mentioned in other posts, in which case I’d be okay if we kept Maguire as the 4th choice.
Whilst I agree with what you say, Evans is 100% retiring at the end of the season.

AneRu

These people earn close to a combined £60m per year then Lindelof (10m), Maguire (20m) and Casemiro (30m) will give us £50m in fees. Assuming we have £150m to spend before sales that £50m would come in handy. We can and should replace all of them to raise the physical level of the team.

Mainoo, Kambwala and Garnacho coming through plus our willingness to bring in more youth means that we can and will lean heavily on the youth to fill out the squad. If we must keep a player then it has to be Varane so that we can work out a succession plan with Kambwala otherwise the rest must go

OleGunnar20

Agreed. If Evans is willing to give it one last season that'd be the ideal, realistic scenario. Clear out the dross and replace with quality, smart purchases.

tomaldinho1

These people earn close to a combined £60m per year then Lindelof (10m), Maguire (20m) and Casemiro (30m) will give us £50m in fees. Assuming we have £150m to spend before sales that £50m would come in handy. We can and should replace all of them to raise the physical level of the team.

Mainoo, Kambwala and Garnacho coming through plus our willingness to bring in more youth means that we can and will lean heavily on the youth to fill out the squad. If we must keep a player then it has to be Varane so that we can work out a succession plan with Kambwala otherwise the rest must go
It’s easily financially doable but I just don’t think it’ll happen in one window. When has it ever happened before?

It’s easily financially doable but I just don’t think it’ll happen in one window. When has it ever happened before?
It's happened at Milan (twice) City, Spurs, bournemourth, Newcastle, Forrest, Fulham, Villa and Chelsea. There is honestly no reason why 7-8+ players can't be recruited in single a summer. If they are accurately scouted and actually needed

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

It's happened at Milan (twice) City, Spurs, bournemourh, Newcastle, Forrest, Fulham, Villa and Chelsea. There is honestly no reason why 7-8+ players can't be recruited in single a summer. If they are accurately scouted and actually needed
Are you just googling # of players in a window? We're also in the midst of a very strict FFP period so not sure you can compare City (who didn't care about it) and Chelsea (didn't have it).

Looking at our squad now, we have Varane, Case, Amrabat, Donny, Eriksen, Martial, Sancho who seem 100% good as gone.
Then we have Greenwood, Antony, Rashford, McT, Hannibal, Pellestri, Amad, Evans, Fernandez, Williams, Lindelof, Maguire, heaton all with big question marks, unhappy, generally up for sale or retiring I think in Evans/Heatons case.

Then you have guys like Shaw and Malacia who the club might just sell because they are so injury prone.

The point being even City's most mental window was 6 first team players + some other younger guys and that was when prices were a bit less bonkers. We need 2 CBs, and LB, at least 1 likely 2 CMs, an RW and a ST. I want us to be shrewd and snap up these frees/younger players but it's a huge amount of business for a club who basically have an entire new management team where the senior people won't even have started their jobs.

DownRiver

Anyone mentioned that our incoming technical director, Wilcox, had made him captain across the age groups as academy director?

If we wanted him, we would get him.

Are you just googling # of players in a window?
I'm simply answering your question. I fail to see the relevance of Google to that. It's common knowledge to anyone who actively choose to follow the sport of football keenly.

We're also in the midst of a very strict FFP period so not sure you can compare City (who didn't care about it) and Chelsea (didn't have it)...
First off, that is why I mentioned other clubs outside them.

Second,
We are also stepping into a period in which we will have a front office (football department) competent at identifying, negotiating and selling talent competently. Let's not pretend Manchester United is skint. Let's not pretend we have players assets we can't raise decent money from.
What United has suffered from last 8 years rather has been poor recruitment and rubbish negotation skill both when buying and selling.

That is why some fans have bought into this laughable notion a club United's size can't do more than a handful of deals in any given summer window.

Last summer if we had those 3 skills in place we'd have come out of the summer window with more players we needed, on top of bagging at least 2 of the ones we did get at significantly lower prices.