Tosin Adarabioyo - Available free this summer

tomaldinho1

I'm simply answering your question. I fail to see the relevance of Google to that. It's common knowledge to anyone who actively choose to follow the sport of football keenly.

First off, that is why I mentioned other clubs outside them.

Second,
We are also stepping into a period in which we will have a front office (football department) competent at identifying, negotiating and selling talent competently. Let's not pretend Manchester United is skint. Let's not pretend we have players assets we can't raise decent money from.
What United has suffered from last 8 years rather has been poor recruitment and rubbish negotation skill both when buying and selling.

That is why some fans have bought into this laughable notion a club United's size can't do more than a handful of deals in any given summer window.

Last summer if we had those 3 skills in place we'd have come out of the summer window with more players we needed, on top of bagging at least 2 of the ones we did get at significantly lower prices.
I'm trying to qualify why you've selected the clubs you did, there's no need for a weird reply about keenly following football, particularly when you don't answer the actual question.

You're also ignoring the fact our CEO and Sporting Director (plus others) aren't in their seats yet and won't be for some time, so your big hope is they basically come in and immediately are set up properly without any real planning and undertake a monumental transfer window, all without somehow messing up selling players too cheap or overpaying again as we tend to do AND comply with FFP. It seems a pipedream to me.

Woziak

He actually looks really bloody good when I have seen him. I imagine he will have a lot of suitors.
He will but he’s a manc born in the area and may want to return, if offers are similar that may be a deciding factor, rumour is he’s another United fan, so many of these 21-26 category supported United as kids for obvious reasons, we were actually good 13-14 years ago.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I'm trying to qualify why you've selected the clubs you did, there's no need for a weird reply about keenly following football, particularly when you don't answer the actual question.
Seriously? You asked

[When has it ever happened before?]
I gave you an answer with a list clubs who ithas happened at.

How is THAT "not answering the question"?

YOU are the one who then got all weird and referenced google. Continuing on that strange tangent because I've simply pointed out, in reply, the list I gave is pretty much common knowledge, and your Google reference was uncalled for.

You're also ignoring the fact our CEO and Sporting Director (plus others) aren't in their seats yet and won't be for some time, so your big hope is they basically come in and immediately are set up properly without any real planning and undertake a monumental transfer window, all without somehow messing up selling players too cheap or overpaying again as we tend to do AND comply with FFP. It seems a pipedream to me.
That's the crux of the matter, which is fair enough. We are simply on opposite ends of this.

Some of us are of the view clique INEOS are doing the neccesary homework before their ear marked men for key postions all officially fill their roles. Thus we expect United to operate far more competently in the coming summer window than it has in 8 years.

tomaldinho1

Seriously? You asked

[When has it ever happened before?]
I gave you an answer with a list clubs who ithas happened at.

How is THAT "not answering the question"?

YOU are the one who then got all weird and referenced google. Continuing on that strange tangent because I've simply pointed out, in reply, the list I gave is pretty much common knowledge, and your Google reference was uncalled for.

That's the crux of the matter, which is fair enough. We are simply on opposite ends of this.

Some of us are of the view clique INEOS are doing the neccesary homework before their ear marked men for key postions all officially fill their roles. Thus we expect United to operate far more competently in the coming summer window than it has in 8 years.
I'm not sure what's been lost in translation here but you've still not answered the question of why you chose those specific clubs. How is me asking if you googled #of transfers weird, it's the question I'm asking as you gave such a broad range of clubs with a vast array of financial strengths...I will wait for a response if you want to give one.

I have no doubt Ineos will be better long term, my only point has been the scale of this coming window that people seem to be suggesting is unlikely.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Hes been really good for Fulham. Would be a sensible transfer for us so that we can focus our money on other positions as well.

Id assume Varane and Evans will be off this summer so between this guy, Maguire and Kambwala we will have our right CB options sorted for the time being. Sell Lindelof, get Shaw to be a backup to Licha and sign a new left back (because our current left backs all cannot stay fit) to fortify our defence.

Then spend the money on a midfielder or two, a right winger and a striker.

I'm not sure what's been lost in translation here but you've still not answered the question of why you chose those specific clubs. How is me asking if you googled #of transfers weird, it's the question I'm asking as you gave such a broad range of clubs with a vast array of financial strengths...I will wait for a response if you want to give one.....
I will try:

I chose that list of clubs up and down the fianancial scale that had done business of 7+ players in a single summer window for three reasons:

- To show it's possible even with lesser resouces/financial restrictions as opposed to just being like City/Chelsea

- To show know how/competence rather than finances is the most important factor

- To also show if done wrongly (Forrest, Fulham) they can be consequences. Be it financial or other wise.

tomaldinho1

I will try:

I chose that list of clubs up and down the fianancial scale that had done business of 7+ players in a single summer window for three reasons:

- To show it's possible even with lesser resouces/financial restrictions as opposed to just being like City/Chelsea

- To show know how/competence rather than finances is the most important factor

- To also show if done wrongly (Forrest, Fulham) they can be consequences. Be it financial or other wise.
Ok so you could have just said 'yes' when I asked if you were Googling No of players in a window - or just said you're using transfermarkt etc. as the source.

I'm not sure which of those clubs/windows you feel is comparable to what united have coming up? It doesn't strike me as a good comparison to say x, y or z club made 7+ transfers in a window without knowing the context. United themselves have done that most years (last year 7 in, 9 out) but when you break it down, we bought 3 signings for the first XI (Onana, Mount, Hojlund) and sold one established 1st team player in Fred, for argument's sake we can add Elanga here as a 2nd.

As pointed out in earlier posts, that is nowhere near the scale of what people are suggesting for this window, hence why I think it is unlikely.

AneRu

Hes been really good for Fulham. Would be a sensible transfer for us so that we can focus our money on other positions as well.

Id assume Varane and Evans will be off this summer so between this guy, Maguire and Kambwala we will have our right CB options sorted for the time being. Sell Lindelof, get Shaw to be a backup to Licha and sign a new left back (because our current left backs all cannot stay fit) to fortify our defence.

Then spend the money on a midfielder or two, a right winger and a striker.
I think we need a De facto starter for RCB, a squad option for LCB and a squad option for LB cause Malacia looks done, Martinez and Shaw completely unreliable fitness and Maguire being Maguire. Unless if we are taking a punt on this guy turning out to be an elite defender I would want someone else, a physically dominant defender.

AneRu

Ok so you could have just said 'yes' when I asked if you were Googling No of players in a window - or just said you're using transfermarkt etc. as the source.

I'm not sure which of those clubs/windows you feel is comparable to what united have coming up? It doesn't strike me as a good comparison to say x, y or z club made 7+ transfers in a window without knowing the context. United themselves have done that most years (last year 7 in, 9 out) but when you break it down, we bought 3 signings for the first XI (Onana, Mount, Hojlund) and sold one established 1st team player in Fred, for argument's sake we can add Elanga here as a 2nd.

As pointed out in earlier posts, that is nowhere near the scale of what people are suggesting for this window, hence why I think it is unlikely.
The problem with United is that, since Fergie retired, we no longer have a squad of reliable professionals who can cover a gap like O'shea, Brown et al used to do. Now we have weaknesses all over the place in the 11 itself and if we don't sort them they will hold us back from becoming a competitive team. We need to bring about five players in for the first eleven or as first back ups of we want to recover quickly.

I didn't becaus!e or not. That information was all actually off the top of my head

I'm not sure which of those clubs/windows you feel is comparable to what united have coming up?
Milan is the best example. When Maldini had just arrived they needed a clear out, to compete again yet had serious financial constraints and FFP to deal with and an ageing squaf. They did the bulk of their business in one summer. A season away from that they were competing for the title ahead of schedule.

IMO there is no reason for United to not do similar. The first 11 only actually needs like 2 maybd players for the serious investing.

.Meaning the vast majority of business would just be swapping out not fit for purpose squad players with younger ones on lower wages. I honestly don't believe it's that hard if you have competent people in charge to do such deals.

It's really not as hard to sell nor buy players as our previous regime has made it look the past 8 years. We have seen teams all around us from City to under performers like Chelsea and Spurs get in money for youth and even flops. Whilst still hoing aftee needed targets. Doing multiple deals in a single summer window, in summer, summer out! I think our fans have got so used to that incompetence some actually think it's standard practice across the industry to do a few deals each window. Yet we are club up until bagging Eriksen have just straight up ignored things like the contract expiry/free transfer market for ages.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

I didn't because believe or not. That information was all actually off the too of my head

Milan is the best example. When Maldini had just arrived they needed a clear out, to compete again yet had serious financial constraints and FFP to deal with. They did the bulk of their business in one summer. A season away from that they were competing for the title ahead of schedule.

IMO there is no reason for United to not do similar. The first 11 only actually needs like 2 players. Meaning the vast majority of business would just be swapping out not fit for purpose squad players with younger ones on lower wages. I honestly don't believe its that hard if you have competent people in charge. It's really not as hard to sell not buy players as our previous regime has made it look the past 8 years.
I don't mind if you have greatest living memory of transfers known to mankind or can't remember last summer's transfers at all, I just asked the source - we finally got round to it though, thankfully.

Milan with Maldini coming in was 17/18 right (when Elliott took over)? Which looks a busy arrivals window for sure but the players sold looks like Bacca, De Sciglio and Kucka being the first teamers. Not as massive compared to what we seem to be building towards.

Anyway...Adaribioyo would be a no brainer

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Maguire is a more valuable player than Varane now. Cheaper wages. Could command a fee. Fit much more often. Useful for certain games. Probably a very good guy in the dressing room (as is Varane I’m sure) Happy enough to be a backup with a chance to push his way back in. Our best defender this year

Adnan

Talent Spotter

You've brought up a interesting point here and it does look like Ashworth may not be in place in time for the summer window. But I don't believe that will hamper us with our transfer plans for the up coming transfer window due to Ashworth not being directly involved in identifying players to sign, but rather him being more of a supervisor looking over and assisting the process in a head of football capacity. That job is down to the heads of recruitment who are still in place and will provide the stability for the likes of Berrarda, Hargreaves, O'boyle and Wilcox who can collectively get the job done when it comes to negotiations and dealing with clubs, agents and transfer targets. I think by the start of the new season a head of recruitment will probably also arrive and bringing him along with Ashworth as head of football at the start of the season will be better as far as planning for the season ahead is concerned imo.

And I do agree with Ratcliffe about walking towards solutions rather than running towards them. And for me, we shouldn't look to correct everything in one window but rather look to sign players of the requisite quality and profile to develop a system of play where we have the ability to control the game in and out of possession even if it takes a few years.

And regarding Maldini and Milan as it was mentioned earlier, Maldini never really had control on the football side at Milan and the quotes below are quite telling as far as how the higher ups at boardroom level undermined him as the Sporting director.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I’d be very happy if we got Adarabioyo and Branthwaite then Varane re-signed on a years contract on reduced terms which alongside Martinez and Kambwala is a very strong and balanced group of centre backs, half of the Branthwaite fee would be offset by moving Lindelof and Maguire on not to mention the wages saved.
This is so desperately sensible that it just wont happen.

daba

This is so desperately sensible that it just wont happen.
Personally I’d also extend Evan’s as a fifth choice. I don’t think it’ll do Kambwala any good being 5th choice again so I’d extend Evans and get Kambwala a loan move so he’s ready to step in as 3rd/4th after another season and Evans and Varane leave.

Cela shomana

I haven't had the chance to watch him play in couple full games, but based on his YouTube highlights and the few times I watched him play,, I'm not particularly impressed. While he demonstrates tenacity, he seems to struggle with maintaining control in various situations. he appears to exert significant effort in winning duels, possibly due to his physical stature often losing balance despite having a low center of gravity,. I doubt he'd be a suitable fit for the Kobbie Partnership; their play tempo doesn't seem compatible. Ideally, a single pivot who excels in passing, setting tempo, and covering a lot of ground would complement Mainno well. It might be wise to prioritize building a cohesive team over pursuing big-name signings at this stage.

daba

I haven't had the chance to watch him play in couple full games, but based on his YouTube highlights and the few times I watched him play,, I'm not particularly impressed. While he demonstrates tenacity, he seems to struggle with maintaining control in various situations. he appears to exert significant effort in winning duels, possibly due to his physical stature often losing balance despite having a low center of gravity,. I doubt he'd be a suitable fit for the Kobbie Partnership; their play tempo doesn't seem compatible. Ideally, a single pivot who excels in passing, setting tempo, and covering a lot of ground would complement Mainno well. It might be wise to prioritize building a cohesive team over pursuing big-name signings at this stage.
If signing Adarabioyo is classed as a big name signing we are more fecked I thought haha!

Think this was meant for Joao Neves?

criticalanalysis

If signing Adarabioyo is classed as a big name signing we are more fecked I thought haha!

Think this was meant for Joao Neves?
For a second there I was thinking 'are we going to sign a CB to play DM?!' and finally complete the caf bingo?