Tosin Adarabioyo | Signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

We should send someone to take him on a night out tomorrow so he cant watch the game.

tomaldinho1

I doubt there isn't a club whose not at least enquired about him to his agent to be honest. Top 6-8 clubs will all have offers in for him, to have free agents at his age and ability is very rare.

ForeverRed1

I doubt there isn't a club whose not at least enquired about him to his agent to be honest. Top 6-8 clubs will all have offers in for him, to have free agents at his age and ability is very rare.
The fact he’s a Manchester lad born and raised could work in our favour. Chances are his family etc are all that way still.

Ekeke

I thought this was a no brainer previously but I'm not sure now with his fitness record. He's started the same 18 games as Maguire with 2 less sub appearances. I think being fit to play would have to be a big part of any CBs we sign and I hope its multiple to replace Varane and Lindelof. So I'd take him if we also sign a really good starting CB who has played at least 30 games this season

Dazzmondo

Don't think he's good enough for a top 4 club, but if we're more likely to be top 6-9, I suppose he'd be a cheap option that would allow us to focus on other urgent areas. It's not a move that would get me excited, but it has some logic I guess

IRN-BRUno

I thought this was a no brainer previously but I'm not sure now with his fitness record. He's started the same 18 games as Maguire with 2 less sub appearances. I think being fit to play would have to be a big part of any CBs we sign and I hope its multiple to replace Varane and Lindelof. So I'd take him if we also sign a really good starting CB who has played at least 30 games this season
He missed 11 games through groin surgery after going nearly 4 years without any injury. Not going to find many with a better fitness record. He's missed the last few Fulham games but I'm guessing that's more to do with the fact he's leaving so they don't see any point in playing him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Don't think he's good enough for a top 4 club, but if we're more likely to be top 6-9, I suppose he'd be a cheap option that would allow us to focus on other urgent areas. It's not a move that would get me excited, but it has some logic I guess
I mean as of now we should be looking for smart moves to upgrade the squad. He's certainly an upgrade on Lindelof and fits the profile of what we will probably play (assuming we are modernizing our play) better than Maguire as well, for free. It's not a fun or sexy move but it's one that reinforces the squad in the right manor in an area of need for free.

davidmichael

If it means we can move Lindelof on then it’s an absolute no brainer, I’m sure we’ve paid Lindelof’s transfer fee off so if we could get £15 million for him that would be profit as far as PSR is concerned so getting someone in who’s a bit better for free makes perfect sense.

Bwuk

We need 2 CBs minimum so if we can get him on a free it’s obvious. Lloyd Kelly is an interesting shout too.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Former Fletcher Moss Ranger - anyone know if his time there coincides with Rashfords?

Not sure how bad our finances are going into the summer but I wouldn't be shocked if he's the only CB we bring in with Varane out.

Woziak

People laughed at Chelsea when they had a squad of 30 players but they’ve finished strongly this year mostly because of their squad depth while other teams tire out and have huge injury lists. This might be completely wide of the mark, but I get the impression, Ineos are looking at how the season is ending with no experienced players whatsoever to put on the bench and an impending FA Cup Final.

With no European Football, the squad needs 3 Goal Keepers, 10 defenders,
7 Midfield Players and 7 Strikers.

With a deep run in domestic cups, the club might have 45 games. I’m not convinced by the Goalkeeper options but it not a priority right now. Defensively we will only keep Martinez(Injury issues),W Kambawla (Injury Issues), Shaw(Injury issues), D Dalot, T Malacia(Not fit to be sold), H Maguire(he’ll stay cause no one is going to pay him £150k per week plus you might find a new coach wants him here)

That’s 6 with at best 2/3 we can rely on for full fitness, the club needs a new RB, a new LB, A Starting CB and Squad CB. United will sell A Fernandez(5m), V Lindelof(15m), AWB(20m), release R Varane(save 340k per week), J Evans released (save 60k per week) Due to injuries they might actually want another CB. They could get smart, Sign Tosin on a free, Sign Todibo on loan with an obligation to buy(£5m loan fee) and then go buy Branthwaite for £60m.

Add Frimpong/Dumfries (34/25m) and
M Gutierrez/Alt Nouri (20/25m).
The true cost could be £125m gross - £40m sales in actual transfer fees however the wages saved would allow for what’s needed if all the new players were signed with 4/5 year instalments.

It’s also important to note Without European football we will not be accountable to the UEFA 80% PSR rule where the clubs revenue is now measured from Jan 1st 2024 to December 31st 2024 for this summers spend. We have no European football whatsoever to go into those accounts so assume a drop from £648m to £585M.

The new anchoring PSR rule does not start until 2025/26 so United could theoretically spend £100m more by not being in Europe in a similar way to Chelsea last summer.

CtrlAltDeLigt

People laughed at Chelsea when they had a squad of 30 players but they’ve finished strongly this year mostly because of their squad depth while other teams tire out and have huge injury lists. This might be completely wide of the mark, but I get the impression, Ineos are looking at how the season is ending with no experienced players whatsoever to put on the bench and an impending FA Cup Final.

With a deep run in domestic cups, the club might have 45 games. I’m not convinced by the Goalkeeper options but it not a priority right now. Defensively we will only keep Martinez(Injury issues),W Kambawla (Injury Issues), Shaw(Injury issues), D Dalot, T Malacia(Not fit to be sold), H Maguire(he’ll stay cause no one is going to pay him £150k per week plus you might find a new coach wants him here)

That’s 6 with at best 2/3 we can rely on for full fitness, the club needs a new RB, a new LB, A Starting CB and Squad CB. United will sell A Fernandez(5m), V Lindelof(15m), AWB(20m), release R Varane(save 340k per week), J Evans released (save 60k per week) Due to injuries they might actually want another CB. They could get smart, Sign Tosin on a free, Sign Todibo on loan with an obligation to buy(£5m loan fee) and then go buy Branthwaite for £60m.

The true cost could be £125m gross - £40m sales in actual transfer fees however the wages saved would allow for what’s needed if all the new players were signed with 4/5 year instalments.

It’s also important to note Without European football we will not be accountable to the UEFA 80% PSR rule where the clubs revenue is now measured from Jan 1st 2024 to December 31st 2024 for this summers spend. We have no European football whatsoever to go into those accounts so assume a drop from £648m to £585M.

The new anchoring PSR rule does not start until 2025/26 so United could theoretically spend £100m more by not being in Europe in a similar way to Chelsea last summer.
So according to you, Brainthwate at a relegation fighting club like Everton is 60m but Frimpong who won the league, possibly ecl is 34m.

Would be very surprised if he’s sold below 60m mark.

Woziak

So according to you, Brainthwate at a relegation fighting club like Everton is 60m but Frimpong who won the league, possibly ecl is 34m.

Would be very surprised if he’s sold below 60m mark.
Frimpong has a €40m buy out/release clause which is activated this summer

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...frimpong-release-clause-revealed-31546252.amp

Celtic are due €6m from the sale too!
In future do your research before you do the ……’According to you’….its really not necessary to reply in such a condescending manner when you clearly not 100% of your statement and just for the record Braithwaite’s Agent, David Reeves, is close personal friend of Jason Wilcox which is why that transfer might happen but not at the £55m, the club has apparently bid already!

Woziak

Former Fletcher Moss Ranger - anyone know if his time there coincides with Rashfords?

Not sure how bad our finances are going into the summer but I wouldn't be shocked if he's the only CB we bring in with Varane out.
Not sure about if he played with Rashford but the are the same age group, what I do know is that Jason Wilcox was his U18 coach at Man City and knows the boy really well.

20le_Solskjaer

Frimpong has a €40m buy out/release clause which is activated this summer

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...frimpong-release-clause-revealed-31546252.amp

Celtic are due €6m from the sale too!
In future do your research before you do the ……’According to you’….its really not necessary to reply in such a condescending manner when you clearly not 100% of your statement and just for the record Braithwaite’s Agent, David Reeves, is close personal friend of Jason Wilcox which is why that transfer might happen but not at the £55m, the club has apparently bid already!
:devil:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Does every footballer who gets injured have ‘injury issues’ or something?

Woziak

Does every footballer who gets injured have ‘injury issues’ or something?
If the player you have on a contract can’t consistently play 66% of your PL games over a 3 year period, something is not right?

Under Berada’s new rule they will only get two years to prove themselves and yes injuries preventing players from being selected in that 2 year period will be taken into consideration.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If the player you have on a contract can’t consistently play 66% of your PL games over a 3 year period, something is not right?

Under Berada’s new rule they will only get two years to prove themselves and yes injuries preventing players from being selected in that 2 year period will be taken into consideration.
Something isn’t right indeed, they were injured. What happens when they are not injured anymore? If Martinez breaks his foot, he is now a player with ‘injury issues’?

Borussia Teeth

My brother is a Fulham fan so I have seen a fair bit of Tosin over the years, even live.

I think he would be a very good acquisition on a free. He is fast, strong, good in the air and decent on the ball. He doesn't particularly excel at anything and is certainly not world class but he is better suited for modern tactics than the likes of Lindelof, Maguire and Evans.

EtH stated in the Neville interview that he wants us to have a high line. Although that has not been evident this season, I believe that is more on the the centre backs as individuals rather than ten Hag's instructions. Basically, I think our slow centre backs get scared and drop too deep which is causing the gaps in midfield.

Marco Silva plays a high line and likes his team to play through the thirds so Tosin would already be adept at the type of modern football which EtH or his replacement would likely see us implement. Tosin also spent a season mostly playing as left centre back when paired with Andersen a couple of years ago so he adds versatility too.

I think this would be a very astute signing. Tosin, Martinez, Kambwala, a new top centre back and Shaw to cover would be sufficient in my opinion, if we don't qualify for Europe. If we qualify for Europe, we would probably need to buy another. Maguire, Lindelof and Evans are all good players but I'll suited to a high line. I think we should sell/release all 3.

Reactions: BenitoSTARR

Abraxas

It makes some sense. There are going to be huge limitations on what we can do this summer. If you can pick up a CB suited to the style of football you want to play, can play to a better level than many of our options and has few financial ramifications it's probably a good idea.

Foolsgold21

Losing out to that lot, who are desperate to create some weird rivalry with us, is sadly not the best start

tomaldinho1

Losing out to that lot, who are desperate to create some weird rivalry with us, is sadly not the best start
Not the end of the world, he's a sensible transfer but the reality is, if he's going there, it's because they are offering big wages that other clubs deem too high. They don't have 1st or 2nd tier European football, I don't think many people expect them to win the league anytime soon (unless City don't get punished and they can just spend freely) and he seemingly has no link to the area.

I'd imagine his agent has had literally dozens of 'offers', including from teams in the CL places in the PL and abroad. Depends what he wants, guaranteed starts? Biggest salary? CL football? We don't offer a huge amount short term at the moment if Ineos are cutting back on us overpaying players although he is apparently from Manchester.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

I would imagine we are standing back as it looks like a conflict of interest battling them for any player this summer with Ashworth still in limbo, no matter how stupid it is it makes our case look worse. It’s a pity. He’s a good player. He’ll be a starter there.

Rockets Redglare

Fair point - they could just be using United's name as is common place
It’s annoying as he should be someone we should be looking at on a free, but it’s hard to tell who we are genuinely linked with as we end up linked with just about every player going.

Blood Mage

I'm seeing nothing different about us from a recruitment perspective, still dysfunctional and too slow to act. This should have been a no-brainer considering how poor our defensive depth is at the moment.

ArbeitervonWien

I'm seeing nothing different about us from a recruitment perspective, still dysfunctional and too slow to act. This should have been a no-brainer considering how poor our defensive depth is at the moment.
Fair assessment, considering the season has already nearly ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.