Kick-off
Sat, 30 October 2021 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ixion

I'll stick my neck out and say Ole will play the same line-up he always does, and make the same 3 substitutions he always does at the same time in the game he always does.

snk123

Seems like I'm the only one predicting a 10-0 win for Tottenham

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    This feels like another build up to a let down. Ole is a goner. Anyone hoping for a Utd win should stay away from all electronic devices for a while. Utd will lose this game. Nuno will T-Bag Ole and expect a good review. The dressing room is lost and the result will reflect that. I am amazed at your optimism.

Longshanks

Bailly is no way playing. I am bored of fantasists thinking they can select a Utd squad. I will do it for you.

DDG
    AWB
    LIND
    MAG
    SHAW
    MCT
    FRED
    RASH
    BRUNO
    GREENY
    RON

Instructions: "Do a bit of everything guys."

Result 2:1 Spurs.

It is written in the stars.
    You are probably right about bailly it is somewhat fantasising it would nice to have a physically dominating defender though especially if we insist on playing higher and pressing higher.

If he picks the same team and formation as Sunday again, then he is completely done. Its been worked out by teams they know if they beat the initial half press that there is space between the midfield and defence to play into and before you know it our defence is going backwards and our midfield is letting runners past. We have seen it so many times already this season.

We have seen him play 4-3-3 once this season against villareal and it wasn't exactly an unqualified success but there was definitely potential in it but we played a little to direct and bit to carefree with possesion and dalot was a complete liability defensivley. But there was periods in the game where we pressed high and put viallaral under real pressure and looked dangerous on the back of it.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    You are probably right about bailly it is somewhat fantasising it would nice to have a physically dominating defender though especially if we insist on playing higher and pressing higher.

If he picks the same team and formation as Sunday again, then he is completely done. Its been worked out by teams they know if they beat the initial half press that there is space between the midfield and defence to play into and before you know it our defence is going backwards and our midfield is letting runners past. We have seen it so many times already this season.

We have seen him play 4-3-3 once this season against villareal and it wasn't exactly an unqualified success but there was definitely potential in it but we played a little to direct and bit to carefree with possesion and dalot was a complete liability defensivley. But there was periods in the game where we pressed high and put viallaral under real pressure and looked dangerous on the back of it.
    It would be great to see a change. Just great.
    Ole could play all the players that he has sidelined this season. I would love that, even if they lost.

Imagine your son was the one Ole benched for an entire season, absolutely gutting. I have seen nothing in Ole to expect a surprise.

Ixion

"Ok lads my balls are on the line here so give everything you've got"

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    "Ok lads my balls are on the line here so give everything you've got"
    Maybe If Bailly gets on the pitch he could grab Ole's nuts and use them to knock in the winner.

Last edited:

Hawks2008

Really can't get excited for this, the same players that have been in diabolical form will continue to start, and even if we lose the manager is teflon.

dal

I remember the PSG coming of age when we went from 5 at the back to four and beat them, that was a mentality shift.

We need a pause on that to galvanise the players. 5 at the back unless Varane is fit to steady the nerves, Shaw really needs to wake up.

This will be a test I feel, if we capitulate again things will start to become very uncomfortable.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
    It'll be a right laugh if we win this, and it would be very Spurs-like of Spurs to lose to this travelling circus.

But it'll probably be a bore-draw. A slug-fest of disorganisation and barely being able to string 2 passes together.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    It'll be a right laugh if we win this, and it would be very Spurs-like of Spurs to lose to this travelling circus.

But it'll probably be a bore-draw. A slug-fest of disorganisation and barely being able to string 2 passes together.
    I will for sure put a little sprinkling on a 0-0. Both managers will not want to lose.

Chip

I remember the PSG coming of age when we went from 5 at the back to four and beat them, that was a mentality shift.

We need a pause on that to galvanise the players. 5 at the back unless Varane is fit to steady the nerves, Shaw really needs to wake up.

This will be a test I feel, if we capitulate again things will start to become very uncomfortable.
    You don't think they are already? Ole's last real test?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
    We'll narrowly lose. Ole will revert back to his cowardly tactics, we'll watch boring football with the odd moment of brilliance from our attacking players but we'll still concede through poor defensive organization and Ole's favorites stinking up the place. We could nick a result, but it'll go just as described.

If Ole's incapable of playing better football 3 years in after adding multiple class players he's never going to be able to coach properly.

Maguire, Shaw, McTominay have to be dropped, but it won't happen.

Polar

This would at least secure us a new manager. McT as the sole midfielder, holy shit.
    4-5-1 or a defensive 4-3-3 isn’t more offensive than we play already. A more thigh midfield three with McT in the middle and Bruno much more deep than AM.

(Maybe DVB instead of Lingard).

Both Bruno and DVB are used to play in a more narrow midfield three. That’s actually their normal position, except from in United where they’ve played more in offensive midfield positions.

McT is the only player who have the power (terminator), and ground covering skills combined with passing skills to play as a CM or DCM. The combo Bruno and Lingard/DVB will help him more than Fred alone.

Fred doesn’t have passing skills or enough power to play as a CM/DCM. Fred runs a lot but his ground covering skills suffers under his lack of speed. I think Matic has become to slow, and he isn’t enough terminator to be our first choice as CM/DCM.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
    United

Have you been living in a box the last month?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
    McT is the only player who have the power (terminator), and ground covering skills combined with passing skills to play as a CM or DCM. The combo Bruno and Lingard/DVB will help him more than Fred alone.
    What passing skills? He makes 2 progressive passes per game and never makes himself available for a pass when there would be the slightest bit of a pressure on him. I'm sure he can pass when he has 5 years to receive the ball and make a decision, but in that case so can Fred and Pogba whilst doing a much better job at it. He's in terrible form too. He hasn't been good at defending all season bar the Leeds game.

Godfather

McT is the only player who have the power (terminator), and ground covering skills combined with passing skills to play as a CM or DCM.
    You can't be real. Tominay and passing skills? Plus his positional awareness is horrific. Of all our midfielders I'd rank him the least suitable to a sole CDM role.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    I don't get this. Fred is an amazing player. Wait and see. When the next manager comes in Fred will be one of the best players in the team . I absolutely love the guy, he always gives his all and he is more graceful and naturaly talented than many other midfielders at Utd.

You know Fred is one off the few players that has tried his hardest with Ole's crappy tactics and he is hung out to dry for it. I am absolutely 100% sure that when Utd appoint a competant manager Fred will be a lynchpin of his team.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Imagine if he actually selects the same XI. Redcafe will cease to exist :lol:
    You say this, but what actually could he do differently? Bring Sancho in is pretty much the only answer.

Pogba is suspended, Varane injured, you can't risk Matic in a 2 in a top 6 away game, and you're not going to play Cavani over Ronaldo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    I don't get this. Fred is an amazing player. Wait and see. When the next manager comes in Fred will be one of the best players in the team . I absolutely love the guy, he always gives his all and he is more graceful and naturaly talented than many other midfielders at Utd.

You know Fred is one off the few players that has tried his hardest with Ole's crappy tactics and he is hung out to dry for it. I am absolutely 100% sure that when Utd appoint a competant manager Fred will be a lynchpin of his team.
    100% false.
    He's an effort merchant.
    Up and down, pure effort, but can't really assist, pass well or score, and isn't particularly good defensively.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    100% false.
    He's an effort merchant.
    Up and down, pure effort, but can't really assist, pass well or score, and isn't particularly good defensively.
    Utter balls. Fred is a fine player and a competitor.

Take him out of Ole's team and they are nothing. Anyone would struggle to maintain a reputation under Ole who seems infatuated with keeping his job.

JuriM

100% false.
    He's an effort merchant.
    Watch one game of him playing for the Brazil national team beside a proper DM on his side and a pure attacking midfielder in front of him.

spiriticon

3-5-2 please.

Ole has played this formation before so it's nothing new to him. But we need more bodies in our half of the pitch at the moment. Getting overrun every single game.

Ronaldo can make do with set piece chances.

EireRed_GS

I have a few mates who are spurs fans & are genuinely worried we will bounce back ruthlessly against them at the weekend.

They arent in the best of form, but ive said if they score early.... they have nothing to worry about.. Our heads will drop, and id be very very surprised if a change of tactics could bring us back in the game

Water Melon

I doubt we are going to win this. Ole is not going to replace his favourite players in his starting 11. It will be DDG, Maguire again, Shaw as well, McFred (Matic too old, Pogba suspended, VdB is very unlikely to start in Ole's carуer defining match). Solskjaer is most certainly is not dropping Cristiano anyways. Sancho, Rashy and Bruno are nailed on to start as well imo. We have Atalanta mid-week next and it is another must win game as City will be a very likely loss. Drop points against Spurs and there is no return for Ole. He will be extra cautious to keep it very solid at the back and pray for a lucky break. A draw written all over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Utter balls. Fred is a fine player and a competitor.

Take him out of Ole's team and they are nothing. Anyone would struggle to maintain a reputation under Ole who seems infatuated with keeping his job.
    Bore off pal. Just :lol::lol::lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Watch one game of him playing for the Brazil national team beside a proper DM on his side and a pure attacking midfielder in front of him.

Ah, so he's one of these needs a couple of quality midfielders around him merchants.

Just like Pogba does.
    And Matic.
    And McTom.

At some stage we need the actual quality mid in the team!

FatTails

I hope Ole plays the same exact eleven and we win 5-0. The confusion everywhere would be hilarious.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Ah, so he's one of these needs a couple of quality midfielders around him merchants.

Just like Pogba does.
    And Matic.
    And McTom.

At some stage we need the actual quality mid in the team!
    I think it just says we need to buy an actual defensive midfielder and stop pretending like any half decent midfielder who can tackle means they are a defensive midfielder.
    Fred is a box to box. McTominay is a box to box. Pogba is an attacking playmaker. Bruno is an attacking midfielder. Matic is an actual defensive mid who is old and doesn't have the legs. Van de Beek is one of those false (insert number) positions where he doesn't ever do much on the pitch and doesn't get involved, yet people claim he is a natural at that position but simpletons just don't understand his role (seriously, a #8 or #10 with mediocre defensive output who barely gets on the ball and never tries anything too progressive on the ball?).

The Law of Denis

Ole needs to send a message but I doubt he will..

DDG

Dalot
    Lindelof
    Bailly
    Telles

Matic
    VdB
    Bruno

Sancho
    Cavani
    Lingard

Maguire/Shaw need to be dropped for a long period. Shameful display for any captain to lose 5-0.

passing-wind

It's a total disgrace that Solskjaer is still the manager but Spurs look void of anything meaningful at the moment. The whole fiasco with Kane and bringing in a 3-4th choice manager has already set the tone for their season. I wouldn't be surprised to see win or draw at best.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    You say this, but what actually could he do differently? Bring Sancho in is pretty much the only answer.

Pogba is suspended, Varane injured, you can't risk Matic in a 2 in a top 6 away game, and you're not going to play Cavani over Ronaldo.
    We're talking about Spurs here, only bettered by United and Everton for 'worse' form in the top half.

I don't expect wholesale changes, but when you get paggered 5-0 and you have numerous players who have barely had a sniff all season, it's probably time to consider a change here or there?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 332 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw