Kick-off
Sat, 19 August 2023 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kaos

Dare I say decent enough half. Much better from the last game, and its good to see Mount dropping deep when we don't have the ball.

We desperately need to be more clinical up front, Rashford isn't going to cut it as a 9, so we desperately need our Dane to get fit.

Samoerai Jack

When Wan-Bissaka or Mount get the ball I rest easily, when Garnacho or Rashford get it I'm not so comfortable. The players are still clearly learning this new pressing style and getting used to the amazing Onana. Understandably that takes away energy which allows Spurs to get some moves going. Good news is there's a sense of progression and when it all clicks it will be a fearful side indeed.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
    Good in the first two thirds. Poor finishing again.

Good save from keeper on Rashford.
    Bruno with one that is usually nightmare fuel.
    Clear penalty not given.

We really should have at least 2 goals here.

Chicharo

We're still leaving too much space in the middle. Their best attacks came after they were able to cut us open, and leave the space for Son on the left

redcucumber

Same issues as last season which the window didn't address. The outright improvement has definitely been Onana what he brings to the team cannot be understated.
    We signed Hojlund to rectify a lot of our isues tbf

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Still don’t get how Bruno missed that header but scored some better ones over the last year.

Lecland07

For those claiming we have been poor:

Yeah, I'm not getting it. I was happy with what I saw outside of not scoring.

There is a reason why we signed Hojlund, though. It just unfortunate that he cannot play.

sixdwarf

Has to be said that
    Think Mounts been a lot better this game than the last but I don’t know what’s going on with Casemiro.
    But he couldn't get worse than he was against Wolves. That is a very low bar. I don't get the signing.

redom

Seems like Spurs are purposefully using their press to funnel it towards AWB because he seems to be the out ball a lot of the time, we need to try and mix it up a bit and stop them controlling the direction of our play so easily. We've done ok so far but we do seem to run out of ideas in the final third and then when we did create a guilt edge chance Fernandes wasted it.

Castia

That’s just bollocks, he closes down the centre backs when they’re on the ball, that’s what a lone striker is required to do. Do you want him sprinting after Bissouma into midfield leaving no one up top when we transition?
    He’s let his man glide past him numerous times just like he did against wolves, he looks like he can’t be bothered more often than not

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    People obsess over control. We are playing a Spurs side who play attacking football away from home. Yes, they have had a couple of breaks but thinking you can completely close them down is not realistic.

James35

Rashford out of position or not dropped a solid 2/10 - his effort level is a joke. Mount looks better, Bruno despite miss has been good also. Garnacho better but still looks raw and Antony, I just can’t get my head around him as a player.

They have run off Casemiro so many times and it’s when we face top teams in league and CL they will take full advantage of it, luckily we have played two teams so far who can’t seem to score that easily either. I’m still praying we got a deal left in this window.

Pretty even so far, would take a point now.

always_hoping

United should have got a penalty, if it happened at the other end I have no doubt it would be awarded to Tottenham.

Fairly even contest whereby both had decent chances to score. I'll glad take another Man United 1-0 win right now.

Dannn411

A lot better than Monday night even though it's harder to be worse than we were on Monday but at least we look coherent now. It's because Mount is playing deeper and closer to Casemiro which is the only way this has any chance of working. Would still like someone right alongside Casemiro but its better than what we had on Monday and most of the pre-season for sure.

But I am worried about Casemiro. He looks way off even what he looked like last year. The zip isn't there for some reason. Is he injured or something? And the less said about Antony the better.

arnoldS

How are people saying we are poor? We have been very good. Spurs at the back are shite and they can't handle the pressing. Our finishing is abysmal though. Bruno with the miss of the season.

Nick7

Mount’s been good. We were the better team for 80% of that half. Rashford clearly uncomfortable at a striker still and trying a bit too hard but had one or two good moments. Press from midfield and full backs is much better but still not top tier work. Defence has been fine other than Shaw getting caught out a few times. Another good to very good AWB performance, if he improves the one/two seconds directly after receiving the ball he’ll improve even more.

JediSith

Let down in the final 3rd. Too many poor decisions, or poor finishing when a ball does get in.

Also just like Vs Wolves too easy to run through our midfield like a hot knife through butter.

laughtersassassin

Onana has made some saves in the last two games that I'm not convinced De Gea would have made.

Seems an improvement in all aspects of goalkeeping so far

Glorio

It's just stupid rehashing. Keano has said it, we've been by far the better team. More or less double the amount of shots than the home side, and close to double the amount of touches in the opponents box, and yet people are just on auto-whinge :houllier:

This is Spurs, not some backwater side

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Having poor final delivery or finish also constitute as being poor. We're having a much better game than the Wolves one, so that's a positive.

Idxomer

The short passing from some of our players is shocking.

Bruno and Antony lead the way today as being the worst culprits.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 282 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw