Transfer Anti-Wishlist Options

Mark Pawelek

de Ligt. Ole said he wanted to sign new players before players return from holiday. Before July. de Ligt and his agent are dragging it out to get more money out of Barca. Yet United already offered him a lot more than Barca. He doesn't want to come here. Stop wasting time on him and get a centreback who wants to play for United.

Muppetry_man

Reading in the Twitter Tranfers topic ... Germany
Bale- That ship sailed the moment he choose Real Madrid instead of us back in the day.

Griezmann- I've wanted him the first time, but this time around I feel he cries too much. Since we lack players with character, I don't see how he will add anything to the table.

Dembele-Lyon- Not convinced at this point
Sean Longstaff- Doesn't look like more than another a spare wheel.

Dybala - Better for him and us if he stays in Juventus.

Last edited by a moderator:

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Bale
Rice
Longstaff
Zaha
Depay
Ndombele
De Beek
Barella
Pellegrini
Tielemans

NWRed

Coutinho
Bale
Griezmann
Dybala
Koulibaly
Perisic
Trippier

Ambivalent about Maguire and Alderweireld

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
basically any player 27+ who would cost more then 20 million and ask for more then a 2 year contract.
Messi & Hazard: Hey guys, we want to join you and help you out while you rebuild your glory. Our quality also means you'll be able to sign better players and the young ones will look up to us, learning a thing or two.

We: Sorry but you are over 27 y.o and would probably cost more than 20 million.

Messi & Hazard: ?!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bale would be the epitome of the post Sir Alex years. Huge name, huge contract, ends up being a flop.

Avoid at all costs. I like him as a player, but after being bitten with ADM, Falcao, Sanchez etc I just don't think he's worth the risk, especially as he's an ageing player who relies heavily on pace, while also having a poor fitness record.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
de Ligt. Ole said he wanted to sign new players before players return from holiday. Before July. de Ligt and his agent are dragging it out to get more money out of Barca. Yet United already offered him a lot more than Barca. He doesn't want to come here. Stop wasting time on him and get a centreback who wants to play for United.
Isn't he playing a tournament right now?

Mark Pawelek

Those players mourinho wanted are performing better than our lot.
Mourinho's United transfers = 10. But discount Lee Grant because he cost little (~ €2m) and does not play.
Leaving 9 players.
Transfer expenditure: € 466.1 million
Fee per player: € 51.5 million
3 of them: Pogba, Dalot, and Linderof are (qualified) successes. The other 6, basically, failures.
Instead of buying players with loud, manipulative, agents United should go for value in the market. Worked for SAF. Will work again.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Messi & Hazard: Hey guys, we want to join you and help you out while you rebuild your glory. Our quality also means you'll be able to sign better players and the young ones will look up to us, learning a thing or two.

We: Sorry but you are over 27 y.o and would probably cost more than 20 million.

Messi & Hazard: ?!
Well Messi and Hazard arn't going to want us right now. Any player coming here is going to be well aware we are not going to be competing for bigger trophies for at least 3 years. So you are elite player who is 27+ that next move you make is likely going to be your last big move, the players worth anything are going to want to take that move to go to a club where they want to compete.

The players who come here that age plus are going to be doing it because either they arn't quite good enough to make it at a top club, or we are throwing stupid money at them, paying massively above the odds a tactic which isnt sustainable, (something we are seeing already with Sanchez deal), or are already in decline.

Plus the the whole bring in a player so he can teach the younger players something is ridiculous, firstly that's why you have coaches, if the coaches arn't good enough to do that you need better coaches. Secondly the Idea of spending 80-100 million on some one who is going to be regression by the time your team is ready to compete again, just so some of there ability may rub off on the younger players is just bonkers! Plus normally turns out to be nonsense, people made this argument about how Sanchez's ability would rub off on Martial, I suppose you could argue his attitude has certainly got worse. They also made the argument when Ibra came in that he would rub of on Rashford, and thiers no question Rashords form dipped that year.

Right now big money signings of aging players just doesn't make sense to us. If you are one piece away from competing and you need that bit of experience in a certain area to propel you on. You don't do it when most of your squad needs a overhaul.

Last edited:

Houdini

Bale
Maguire
James
J.Rodriguez
Kroos
Douglas Costa
Coutinho
Depay
Willian
Ronaldo :/
AWB
Neymar
Rice
Longstaff
Alderweireld

I can see us do nothing then do a panic buy (I hope I am wrong!)

MUFC OK

Longstaff
AWB (ends Ethan Laird's Utd career before it has begun.)
Maguire (Don't rate him for the cost)
Pepe (controversial but Id rather have an out and out winger)
Ramos
Griezmann (never seen the hype - behaves horribly)

Would like any of the following:
Tielemans - no brainer
Bruno Fernandes
Neves - WC potential
De Ligt - WC already, leader
Koulibaly
Joao Felix - almost certain to be WC
Bergwijn
Meunier
Alderwiereld
Jovic - better than Lukaku

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Well Messi and Hazard arn't going to want us right now. Any player coming here is going to be well aware we are not going to be competing for bigger trophies for at least 3 years. So you are elite player who is 27+ that next move you make is likely going to be your last big move, the players worth anything are going to want to take that move to go to a club where they want to compete.

The players who come here that age plus are going to be doing it because either they arn't quite good enough to make it at a top club, or we are throwing stupid money at them, paying massively above the odds a tactic which isnt sustainable, (something we are seeing already with Sanchez deal), or are already in decline.

Plus the the whole bring in a player so he can teach the younger players something is ridiculous, firstly that's why you have coaches, if the coaches arn't good enough to do that you need better coaches. Secondly the Idea of spending 80-100 million on some one who is going to be regression by the time your team is ready to compete again, just so some of there ability may rub off on the younger players is just bonkers! Plus normally turns out to be nonsense, people made this argument about how Sanchez's ability would rub off on Martial, I suppose you could argue his attitude has certainly got worse. They also made the argument when Ibra came in that he would rub of on Rashford, and thiers no question Rashords form dipped that year.

Right now big money signings of aging players just doesn't make sense to us. If you are one piece away from competing and you need that bit of experience in a certain area to propel you on. You don't do it when most of your squad needs a overhaul.
I was half joking mate. I generally agree with you and I'm 100% behind signing hungy upcoming stars (like Spurs do) instead of washed up ones as I stated in another thread. I still believe we need to balance it, though, and sign a couple of world-class ready made superstars.

-Supreme-

I was half joking mate. I generally agree with you and I'm 100% behind signing hungy upcoming stars (like Spurs do) instead of washed up ones as I stated in another thread. I still believe we need to balance it, though, and sign a couple of world-class ready made superstars.
I disagree. If you look at the players bought by Liverpool, City and Spurs none of their signings were ready made superstars.

We need players that has potential to become one and the age group should be below 25.

manunited1919

Bale seems to be top of this list. The only way I would take him would be in a swap deal for Sanchez.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I think we do that but we do it in few years when we have the ground work we have a good bases to slot them into.

Plus at the moment we simply arnt in a place to attract the right kind of world class talent, we arnt in a place to get the best out of thier prime years and put simply we can’t afford it on top of all the other rebuilding we have to do.

Craig Ward

With the links, i'd avoid:

Dybala
Griezmann
Icardi
Bale

Dybala/Icardi I don't think would suit the prem, especially Dybala.
Bale = If we had Jose we'd be all in. Injuries/age/cost makes this a no-go
Griezmann = Obviously off to Barca

Barry Red

It's only the end of May and I've already seen 30 or more players we are being 'linked with', 'persuing', 'chasing', 'interested in', 'planning to buy', 'set to acquire' etc. etc. etc. It's the same every summer, but I hope that this summer we actually get some of the more interesting names, move out a lot of players that should never have been signed in the first place, and see some more of the academy players being given a chance to step up.

ubergorp

Bale (unless it's a loan where we only pay 50% wages)
Coutinho

pretty much it tbh - anyone else would be grand as long as they were an improvement on what we have

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Boateng, Coutinho, Bale (unless on a free, and pay for play contract), AWB for £70 million (up to £50 million including add ons), Cilleson, Griessman, Lewandowski, Felix for £100 million ( up to £70 million including add ons), Zaha.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Bale
Rabiot
Koulibaly
Coutinho
Dybala
Griezmann

Basically any player 28+, has attitude problems or coming from a big club and look at us as just a big pay day.

Decomposing In Paris

I disagree. If you look at the players bought by Liverpool, City and Spurs none of their signings were ready made superstars.

We need players that has potential to become one and the age group should be below 25.
If we only go for players below 25 we will lose the best of them to more successful teams. I applaud your principals and patience, but we will pay very big money for signings with potential, and have them cherry picked if we don't find some success in the next few years. Young players are on the whole inconsistent, just look at that brilliant young Ajax side when they came up against our relatively experienced team in the final. Even look at Ajax in the league this season. A Europa League win could turn a lot of things around for us, I think it needs to be a priority that we have a mix of youth and experience now.

Sea-Cow

Bale
Maguire
Dybala
Koulibaly
Trippier
Coutinho
Agree with this list. Only change would be swapping Griezman for Trippier.

My biggest transfer wishlist -- no player exchanges. If Ed even considers swapping Pogba for Dybala he should be fired on the spot. I wouldn't take 5 Juve players for Pogba. And that isn't a statement about Pogba or their quality, its just that we should look to sign players that will give everything for Ole. Any player we would get in an exchange would almost certainly not want to be here, and would treat us like the mugs we are.