Transfer Chat

TheRedDevil2019

Outgoings that should have happened.

Fred, Sanchez, Jones, Lukaku, Darmian, Bailly, Pogba.

Rather worryingly not one has occurred yet. The squad is going to be incredibly large with plenty of disgruntled players. :(

Eleven-Eighteen

It's Muppet prediction time in absence of any actual news so far today.

Lukaku is going to Juve - either helps finance Bruno OR Dybala.

IF Pogba goes to Madrid then the other player from above comes in and Bale comes the other way.

Maguire will be bought from Leicester.

That would do me nicely.
Pogba sale will finance Pogba *and* the other of Bruno or Dybala. Plus then United would probably pay Leicester asking price for Maguire

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If we get Dybala and Macguire we have still to address the midfield.

We still need a DM. Why we were looking at McGinn and Longstaff.
Chelsea next week. Terrible preparations.

Whether Pogba stays or not we need 2 midfield players coming in. It would be pretty poor not to get Bruno. But it looks like we may not even get one.

NoPace

I really wish we'd bought Pulisic now. I like his energy and determination as a fit in Ole's system and I think he'd do well in the 10 role Lingard has played, but if we bought Bruno or Dybala or another 10 he'd also be a big upgrade on the wings for us. I don't think he's going to be a Hazard quality player but I think he'll be a Ljungberg or Kanchelskis level of winger and if Chelsea get that quality for his entire 20s for 60M that will look a steal.

Eric's Seagull

I really wish we'd bought Pulisic now. I like his energy and determination as a fit in Ole's system and I think he'd do well in the 10 role Lingard has played, but if we bought Bruno or Dybala or another 10 he'd also be a big upgrade on the wings for us. I don't think he's going to be a Hazard quality player but I think he'll be a Ljungberg or Kanchelskis level of winger and if Chelsea get that quality for his entire 20s for 60M that will look a steal.
I would really like to have a player similar to Kanchelskis on the right now. Think he was amazing. He would terrify defences with his pace and running and was very clinical, some of the angles he scored from were spectacular. He scored 48 goals in 145 games :drool:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

Whether Pogba stays or not we need 2 midfield players coming in. It would be pretty poor not to get Bruno. But it looks like we may not even get one.
This please! Only this!

Never mind Bruno or Paulo or Sancho or Momo - just a DM!

DarkRed

You say we need DM and then you say it will be poor not to get Bruno, how are they connected?

How did Bruno became a demigod on this forum, all he ever did was one, just one good season in the Portuguese league, nothing more

I'm actually panicking about the DM position, all we have there is Matic ( past it ) ,Garner ( prospect ) and McTominay that had one good game in preseason vs Spurs

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric's Seagull

You say we need DM and then you say it will be poor not to get Bruno, how are they connected?

How did Bruno became a demigod on this forum, all he ever did was one, just one good season in the Portuguese league, nothing more

I'm actually panicking about the DM position, all we have there is Matic ( past it ) ,Garner ( prospect ) and McTominay that had one good game in preseason vs Spurs
Agree on your point in bold. I really think we need a quality DM. Matic's legs have gone and he doesn't deserve to be a starter, just keep him for the games against the top 6. We should be able to get a performance out of him for 90 minutes once in a while and get rid of him when his contract expires next year and hopefully get in Ndidi. Just hope the club aren't stupid enough to give him extension due to his experience:nervous:

DarkRed

Agree on your point in bold. I really think we need a quality DM. Matic's legs have gone and he doesn't deserve to be a starter, just keep him for the games against the top 6. We should be able to get a performance out of him for 90 minutes once in a while and get rid of him when his contract expires next year and hopefully get in Ndidi. Just hope the club aren't stupid enough to give him extension due to his experience:nervous:
With the Spurs goal been on his face, I would never let him play vs top 6, send him with the youngsters to Europa League.

VJ1762

Man city are surely upto some shit. They will probably sell Sane for a world record fee and are trying to bring Oyarbazal and Cancelo I think. The thought of them turning a profit in this transfer window terrifies me. They must be planning something astonishing for January and the summer of 2020.

DarkRed

Fair point. I would have liked to get rid of him this season. I didn't want him anyway. I wanted to sign Fabinho instead.
This season we can get money for him, next one he will go on a free. About his experience - we Carrick for that I think.

Fabinho took his time settling in, this year I don't think we can afford to go for players that need settling in time... maybe next year

Eric's Seagull

This season we can get money for him, next one he will go on a free. About his experience - we Carrick for that I think.

Fabinho took his time settling in, this year I don't think we can afford to go for players that need settling in time... maybe next year
I would like to go for Ndidi next year as I don't think we are going to bring in anyone the this year. Who would you go for to replace Matic?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Hopefully once the PL window closes we can focus on offloading the deadwood. Not very confident though.

DarkRed

I would like to go for Ndidi next year as I don't think we are going to bring in anyone the this year. Who would you go for to replace Matic?
A good passer from the deep would be preferred, I can live with Longstaff because rumor is he is a copy of Carrick, just think what Carrick can do with him.

Eric's Seagull

A good passer from the deep would be preferred, I can live with Longstaff because rumor is he is a copy of Carrick, just think what Carrick can do with him.
Not seen Longstaff play but some on here seem to think that he is very good. Although I don't think we will sign anyone there. I really hope that we do because I feel that we will be severely lacking if we don't bring a midfielder in. I think your point in bold is a very interesting one and if he is a much like Carrick as I've heard a few people say he is on here, I can imagine him improving immensely under his tutelage.

RRCE

Seemingly scrambling in the last few days of the window. Always the sign of an organized and well-run club...

I know many will suggest that it’s too early to judge, and that we need to let things play out before we render judgment. There’s obviously some merit to that, but given the way things have gone since Sir Alex retired, and particularly in the context of the shambles that was last season, the club really needed to get it right this summer. A real statement of intent was required. An aggressive, well-conceived plan to get us back on the right track. It just hasn’t been enough. I’m very pleased with Wan-Bissaka and Maguire, but the midfield is painfully (and obviously) short of quality, we still haven’t solved the right side, and the attack looks inadequate. We haven’t shipped out any of the players that need to go, although there’s still time for that. We clearly weren’t going to be able to solve all of the problems in one window, but a bigger step forward was needed. Revenue aside, we’re sure don’t seem to operate like an elite club.

I hope I’m pleasantly surprised by the next few days, but I don’t see it happening.

Decomposing In Paris

There was talk earlier in the summer of Thomas Partey having a buyout clause at around £43.5m. There was some mocking at the time, but how would people feel now? Obviously I'd prefer Kante or Saul whoever (insert superstar name)... and he doesn't help get Lukaku or Sanchez off the books... but frankly, I'd take him in an instant.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There was talk earlier in the summer of Thomas Partey having a buyout clause at around £43.5m. There was some mocking at the time, but how would people feel now? Obviously I'd prefer Kante or Saul whoever (insert superstar name)... and he doesn't help get Lukaku or Sanchez off the books... but frankly, I'd take him in an instant.
Same.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I’m not sure I believe the “no more signings” line coming out of the club...we’re about to get 70m for Lukaku and we need at least one central midfielder...seems like a briefing to try and show we aren’t desperate to keep the prices down. Not convinced it’ll work.

Werder Herzog

Was watching the transfer centre on sky at 7, they literally make comments up now , they twisted the MEN reporters question of ‘Do you think Paul Pogba wants to be at the club having spoken to him ‘ and Ole answering ‘ Yes I’m certain’ to ‘Do you think he will be a Utd player for the first game of the season ‘Yes he will be a Utd player at the start of the season’ - then went to proceed as if there is something to be had out of him saying he will start the season (then hinting at Spanish window closing 3 weeks later).

They are obsessed , Real clearly can’t afford him without offloading Bales wages and cannot afford a straight up fee .

Few hints at Eriksen today it seems for us ... makes too much sense though to happen

StuCol

Chimp
Outgoings that should have happened.

Fred, Sanchez, Jones, Lukaku, Darmian, Bailly, Pogba.

Rather worryingly not one has occurred yet. The squad is going to be incredibly large with plenty of disgruntled players. :(
How is it Young isn’t in this list?

DarkRed

If Wayne Rooney becomes the new manager at Derby County, should we send him loan players?

Whom would you send?

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
think we could get Partey & Ziyech in for less than the amount spent on Maguire or thereabouts.

Yes these 2 are not going to win the balon d'Or but they address major needs in our squad & have played at the highest levels.

El-Manos

We’ll try for Eriksen i’m sure but I doubt this will happen. Especially this late.