3. Stobzilla
6. Isotope
8. Rpitroda
9. Aldo
10. VivaJanuzaj/Crappy
15. NoPace

Rules:
A libero counts as 3 TP points.

1. Every team gets 300 millions for a minimum of 11 outfield players and 1 goalkeeper.
2. Only players born after 1955(Jan 1) are eligible in this draft.
3. Bids will be open on all players, the minimum bid-raise is 5 millions.(There is no maximum raise).
4. A team can only make bids they can afford to pay for if they get all the players they have bids on.
5. A select group of pla each position will be considered "top players" and each team will be limited to a certain count of them. Every team has 12 top player points(TP points) to use, a top defender costs 2 TP points, a top defensive midfielder/midfielder costs 3 TP points, an attacking midfielder/winger/striker/Left and right midfielder costs 6 TP points.

Meaning if you get Maradona(6 TP points), Keane(3) and Matthäus(3) you can't sign more top players for your team even in the reinforcement rounds. This forces you to build your side well around the few players you chose as your star-players. List will be specified when enough managers has joined, the idea is tackling the scan-vote factor best possible.

6. Minimum starting bid is 10 millions.
7. Bids have a 12 hour deadline, meaning if nobody outbids a player in 12 hours you win the bid-war and he joins your team.
8. Managers can transfer list players but can't accept offers within 3 hours of transfer listing the player in the draft-thread. All bids must be made officially, bids may include any clauses like future pay-backs or not playing the player against the team who sold him. The manager at the end chooses to accept/reject the bids by his own desires.

If you make any clause which relies on the other team making it through in the next round, you of course get paid in the next round only if that team goes through.

Reinforcement rules:
Every team gets 50 millions after each won match and the minimum bid increases with 5 millions for each round. What you don't spend in the draft before will be added to the 50 million in the next round.

After game 1: Minimum bid is 15 millions
After game 2: Minimum bid is 20 millions
After game 3: Minimum bid is 25 millions

These are the current TP-rating list, I'd be happy to get some critique on it. If someone thinks a player is missing as these are bound to be incomplete for newer players especially.

Amount of TP-Listed players - 158 - 9.875 available per team.
Of the eligible players according to their age in these lists:

Updated Top Player List - 65 players in total:

Forwards 6TP:

1. Roberto Baggio (Italy)
2. Karlheinz Rummenigge (Germany)
3. Lionel Messi (Argentina)
4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
5. Thierry Henry (France)
6. Hristo Stoichkov (Bulgaria)

Finishers 6TP:
7. Ronaldo( (Brazil)
8. Marco Van Basten (Holland)
9. Romario( (Brazil)
10. Gabriel Batistuta (Argentina)
11. Andriy Shevchenko (Ukraine)
12. Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon)

Trequartista 6TP:
13. Diego Maradona (Argentina)
14. Ruud Gullit (Holland)
15. Rivaldo (Brazil)
16. Ronaldinho (Brazil)

Playmakers 3 or 6 TP:
17. Michel Platini (France)
18. Zinedine Zidane (France)
19. Michael Laudrup (Denmark)
20. Xavi Hernandez (Spain)
21. Gheorghe Hagi (Romania)
22. Pevel Nedved (Czechoslovakia)
23. Rui Costa (Portugal)
24. Andres Iniesta (Spain)
25. Bernd Schuster (Germany)
26. Andrea Pirlo (Italy)
27. Paul Scholes (England)

Wingers 6TP:
28. Luis Figo (Portugal)
29. Ryan Giggs (Wales)
30. Franck Ribéry (France)
31. Arjen Robben (Holland)

Midfielders 3TP:

32. Lothar Matthaeus (Germany)
33. Frank Rijkaard (Holland)
34. Fernando Redondo (Argentina)
35. Jean Tigana (France)
36. Bryan Robson (England)
37. Roy Keane (Ireland Republic)
38. Toninho Cerezo (Brazil)
39. Patrick Vieira (France)
40. Edgar Davids (Holland)
41. Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany)

Fullbacks 2TP:
42. Paolo Maldini (Italy)
43. Lilian Thuram (France)
44. Roberto Carlos (Brazil)
45. Andreas Brehme (Germany)
46. Antonio Cabrini (Italy)
47. Javier Zanetti (Argentina)
48. Marcos Cafu (Brazil)
49. Philipp Lahm (Germany)
50. Dani Alves (Brazil)

Centerbacks 2TP:
51. Franco Baresi (Italy)
52. Matthias Sammer (Germany)
53. Alessandro Nesta (Italy)
54. Giuseppe Bergomi (Italy)
55. Fabio Cannavaro (Italy)
56. Jurgen Kohler (Germany)
57. Laurent Blanc (France)
58. Marcel Desailly (France)
59. Karlheinz Forster (Germany)
60. Fernando Hierro (Spain)
61. Oscar Ruggeri (Argentina)
62. Thiago Silva (Brazil)
63. Nemanja Vidić (Serbia)
64. Rio Ferdinand (England)
65. Jaap Stam (Holland)
Forwards: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268295
Number 1-15 in this list are TP-rated.

Finishers: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268304
Number 1-16 in this list are TP-rated. (And Shevchenko and Eto'o.)

Trequartistas: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268272
Number 1-12 in this list are TP-rated

Playmakers(Includes midfielders and AM's): http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268252
Number 1-34(And Scholes) in this list are TP-rated. Riquelme is not TP-rated.

Wingers: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268199
Number 1-15 in this list are TP rated. (And Robben and Ribery.)

DM's/Box to box: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268223
Number: 1-30(and Schweinsteiger) in this list are TP-rated. Gerrard is not TP-rated.

Centre-backs: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268164
Number 1-31(And T.Silva, Vidic, Ferdinand and Stam) in this list are TP-rated. Hansen, Ferrara and Koeman are not TP-rated.

Full-backs: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268318
The first 15 in this list are TP-rated. (And Lahm and Alves).[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Annahnomoss

1. Annahnomoss
2. Aldo
3. Anderson18

Great guys happy you are in, the idea is to keep the scan-vote players on a minimum without removing them completely as they are a big part of the fun too. Seeing a Maradona 5-3-2 clash with with a Platini side and so forth. Without 10 other super-stars in each team but rather a pure focus on the limited star players in the team

Moby

Dick
1. Annahnomoss
2. Aldo
3. Anderson18

Great guys happy you are in, the idea is to keep the scan-vote players on a minimum without removing them completely as they are a big part of the fun too. Seeing a Maradona 5-3-2 clash with with a Platini side and so forth. Without 10 other super-stars in each team but rather a pure focus on the limited star players in the team
Indeed, that aspect seems pretty interesting. Would it stay in play till the end or just the main auction?

Annahnomoss

Indeed, that aspect seems pretty interesting. Would it stay in play till the end or just the main auction?
All the way was the idea, any rule is up for speculation though as nothing is written in stone.

We could broaden the amount of players in the TP-list, and give away 4 new TP points after every victory. Would work well to make it harder to squeeze in the offensive players as you'd have to save up points.

The other idea would be to keep a more narrow TP-list then not allow changes to the tp-players after the initial draft, so all teams would be built around the players they bought in the start until the end. This list would then just have the biggest stars of the draft in it.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
All the way was the idea, any rule is up for speculation though as nothing is written in stone.
Like that. This way a lot of players who get overlooked would get their due. If there was a change I had to propose it could be changing the timeline a bit and removing players born after 1980 as we just had them in the previous one so a bit of change could be refreshing, plus also bringing out a few low profile players from 55-80 but I'm fine if it's kept as the current timeline as well.

Annahnomoss

Like that. This way a lot of players who get overlooked would get their due. If there was a change I had to propose it could be changing the timeline a bit and removing players born after 1980 as we just had them in the previous one so a bit of change could be refreshing, plus also bringing out a few low profile players from 55-80 but I'm fine if it's kept as the current timeline as well.
Was my original idea but it would slightly ruin the draft for some players who formed great partnerships/teams with players then neglected in the draft. Most players from the last draft will have much less influence now over results as well as the likes of Maradona and Platini are available.

Also the offensive ones will cost a lot of TP-points so hopefully we see more teams built around a really solid defense as you can pick up 5 defenders vs 2 offensive players.

I wouldn't want to pick up Rivaldo for 6 TP points for example.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Seems like the rules are easy to follow. I am in @Annahnomoss .
Although I don't mind to give my spot if serious/better manager/poster need one later on.

Annahnomoss

Seems like the rules are easy to follow. I am in @Annahnomoss .
Although I don't mind to give my spot if serious/better manager/poster need one later on.
Great, it will be easy and everything will be cleared out in the thread. If you feel the desire to play you don't have to feel like you ought to give away your spot for some reason like that.

1. Annahnomoss
2. Aldo
3. Anderson18
4. Isotope

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Thanks. I just think that if someone, like Balu or jojojo, is late to join in, it will be great for the Draft to have them. Also, any knowledgeable newly promoted poster is welcome to get my spot.

Annahnomoss

Great spirit Isotope!

To avoid cheating a player will be judged on where he is played during the game. So a Desailly played as a midfielder will cost the TP-points of a midfielder, playing him in a 5 man defense in the .jpg then describing his role nearly exactly like his destroyer role in the defensive midfield would be - would still have him counted as a part of the midfield.

A player acting in the area between the defense and midfield will count as a midfielder.

An offensive player being played in the central midfield role will also be judged on a case to case basis. In general, if a player rarely/never played as a CM/DM/defender then he won't be counted as one even if you play him there.

Some players like Ballack/Platini/Lampard/Gerrard can be used as CM's as they have been used as CM's plenty before in drafts. It will become rather obvious if someone tries to cheat with this, so ask before purchasing players so you don't buy a player which will cost you more than you think to field the way you want him.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's a good idea you had there with the points system. I was planning something similar but hadn't homed in on something so simple.

For the record, as you may want to use it anyway, it was based on the original Tiers of Greatness jpg. Not the heavily discussed output but the original one, which would give way for some comparatively underrated players to be real gems and viceversa. I suppose GOAT could be 6, God 5, Demi-god 4, Great 3, Very Good 2, Everyone else 0.

I wouldn't worry too much about imperfections in the list as the auction format will take care of them. E.g. Figueroa isn't even in it so had he qualified (too old) he would have probably gone for more than the likes of Maldini, Nesta, etc.

Annahnomoss

It's a good idea you had there with the points system. I was planning something similar but hadn't homed in on something so simple.

For the record, as you may want to use it anyway, it was based on the original Tiers of Greatness jpg. Not the heavily discussed output but the original one, which would give way for some comparatively underrated players to be real gems and viceversa. I suppose GOAT could be 6, God 5, Demi-god 4, Great 3, Very Good 2, Everyone else 0.

I wouldn't worry too much about imperfections in the list as the auction format will take care of them. E.g. Figueroa isn't even in it so had he qualified (too old) he would have probably gone for more than the likes of Maldini, Nesta, etc.
I was thinking about it for quite some time, making the TP-count dependent on their actual quality/scan-vote quality but like you say the draft itself will handle it. People are unlikely to be able to replace their drafted TP-players, as instead of bringing in a whole new player you just replace an already existing one. So Maradona will go for the same TP-points as Ronaldo but the value will differ a lot. The rest of your TP-picks will then be of low quality compared to the rest as you can't outbid them.

Also it will hopefully give some of the smaller players who deserves to be in these drafts as well a shot for once. It will be pricey to partner Keane and Scholes, so instead of making the midfield three slot Rijkaard/Davids you may want to consider Carrick or Butt.

Same goes for Maradona, you can perfectly well recreate that 86 side even if Maradona will be pricey as hell. Haven't checked their birth-dates but finding similar styled players of similar quality won't be difficult.

Didn't tag you for the draft as I am not sure if you want to play, would be great if you did as it makes the drafts more fun.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Top player thing will lead to fights later on as to who qualify as one and who does not.

Annahnomoss

Top player thing will lead to fights later on as to who qualify as one and who does not.
Not much to argue about though as the draft won't be before the top players are named. As long as you don't make up your mind on exactly how your team will be before any rules are set, you won't be upset. The idea will be to remove all scan-vote friendly names especially, I will use the xtratime lists and hopefully people can fill in if some scan-vote friendly player is still left in the bunch.

For example; Using this list http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268252

The first 48 should be top-player rated. Possibly the top 52, but I'd say Seedorf/Veron aren't really scan-vote winners at all and neither is Gascoigne. Some random players who never get attention but still are in the top 52 may also be removed from the tp-list, such as Lampard.

The idea is not to remove all good players, just to remove the ones we use too often to get a different base of players while still keeping the exciting match-ups of super-stars clashing.

EDIT: for DM/Box to box, something like the first 30 would be TP-rated, possibly also Schweinsteiger.

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268223

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Anto's Tiers of Greatness points idea is pretty great. We should keep that in mind for a future all time draft.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Anto's Tiers of Greatness points idea is pretty great. We should keep that in mind for a future all time draft.
I don't agree with it personally. Tiers should be decided by voting and not pre-hand. You are literally telling voters how high to rate some players.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't agree with it personally. Tiers should be decided by voting and not pre-hand. You are literally telling voters how high to rate some players.
I think it's time that we start to accept a few tough decisions instead of fighting over them until the game is no fun anymore. You won't find a perfect solution, so suck it up and enjoy the game, even if the rules aren't perfect. As long as they are definted clearly and everyone knows them from the start, it'll work just fine.

Annahnomoss

I think it sounds brilliant for a snake-draft. For an auction draft it would result in something very similar to what we are doing.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I think it sounds brilliant for a snake-draft. For an auction draft it would result in something very similar to what we are doing.
Yeah, I know it would be similar, just as an alltime version :drool:

Annahnomoss

@Annahnomoss

Actually I may not be able to partake in this one! Going on holiday in a months time... Guess it depends how quickly we intend to begin drafting and playing?
Within a month, it will be a quick one as most people will end up on holidays not just you. Depends on how quick people sign up, but we can start ASAP from my part.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
is there any thread with an explanation how these drafts exactly work?
Here's your chance if you want to play one. It's all explained in the op and I'm sure you find an assistant to help you, in case you're not comfortable on your own.

Annahnomoss

@Stobzilla There is always space for you.

1. Annahnomoss
2. Aldo
3. Anderson18
4. Isotope
5. Kps88
6. Rpitroda
7. NoPace
8. Stobzilla
9. PedroMendez(?)

Last edited:

Thisistheone

Thanks for the tag @Annahnomoss

Sadly this has come along at a busy time for me with work otherwise I'd have played.

Just means I'll be fresh and raring to go for the next one :D

Annahnomoss

Thanks for the tag @Annahnomoss

Sadly this has come along at a busy time for me with work otherwise I'd have played.

Just means I'll be fresh and raring to go for the next one :D
You'll have to start with some sort of minus in the next draft after all that resting. Probably just spending your time plotting the perfect team. :nervous:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
You'll have to start with some sort of minus in the next draft after all that resting. Probably just spending your time plotting the perfect team. :nervous:
Don't worry, I'll beat him on penalties in the first round anyway ;). You just need to fix the draw.