Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp_107

Can't see the point in Kluivert but Sandro is the ideal LB for Mourinho, he's good defensively, strong, athletic and very experienced.
Are you guys happy if we sign the following in summer?

Sandro / Mehrez/ Vidal(he is 30 so we can have few more years of him)

Devil may care

Is Sandro that good? I haven't seen much of him.
IMO yes, he's not Marcelo/Alaba level good but I'd say he's top of the tier below in terms of being very well rounded and I think he'd adapt to the physicality of the PL a lot easier than say an option like Gaya, while also having a lot of top level experience of winning which Mourinho likes.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
IMO yes, he's not Marcelo/Alaba level good but I'd say he's top of the tier below in terms of being very well rounded and I think he'd adapt to the physicality of the PL a lot easier than say an option like Gaya, while also having a lot of top level experience of winning which Mourinho likes.
Cheers. We definitely need to buy both a LB and a RB so that sounds good.

Alabaster Codify7

I'd be very happy with Sandro. We need a top-class first choice LB, Young is a fine back-up and someone like Demetri Mitchell as a third option would be solid depth. Sell Darmian and Shaw.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I dont understand where the Barca money is coming from? They got neymar money yes, but they have increased salary of messi and gave him a sign on bonus close to 50-100 million depending on reports. they spend 160 on coutinho, 145 on dembele, 15 on mina, 30 on semedo, 40 on paulinho,30 on arthur and another 90 on Griezmann. That takes close to 600 million and they have salary increases of messi, Umtiti wants a new contract, suraez contract renewal is due, they do not have such money, specially the wages part.

Rajma

Psg owners are not the ones to feck about given their previous record in handling similar tantrums. Imagine Neymar leaving them right after one season and the damage it would do to brand they’re trying to establish so hard. Can’t see Neymar having his own way here.

Traub

Psg owners are not the ones to feck about given their previous record in handling similar tantrums. Imagine Neymar leaving them right after one season and the damage it would do to brand they’re trying to establish so hard. Can’t see Neymar having his own way here.
He must have some release related clauses in his contract. I can imagine something about minimum performance in champions league possibly

cyberman

How could you touch Neymar after this? PSG are the get out clause after a failed move ala Di Maria.
Who bails Madrid out after Neymar changes his mind next year? Chelsea? Bayern?

Charles Miller

He will not leave PSG mate. Everything about this subject coming from spanish media is only to get views. If something like that was about to happen, his pals in the Brazilian media would be talking about it since months ago. Its 100% made up by spanish media.

Devil may care

Is this really happening ? How can he want out after just arriving ?
I don't think it'll happen but Neymar has been pandered to his whole life, he probably thinks he can just get out of PSG as it's not the dream move he thought it was going to be.

Lewa is indeed great....so the real question is why not ?
Because you can't play him and Lukaku together and we are still struggling to get Sanchez settled into this team? I've never been a fan of Lukaku but he's improved this season and we have made our £75M bed, we need top lie in it I guess.

Rajma

He will not leave PSG mate. Everything about this subject coming from spanish media is only to get views. If something like that was about to happen, his pals in the Brazilian media would be talking about it since months ago. Its 100% made up by spanish media.
You’re right probably, knowing Neymar you just can’t put it past him though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Neymar is such a little fanny, has to be said. Would fit in well at Real though :lol:

Hansa

Is this really happening ? How can he want out after just arriving ?
I think on some level he probably expected Barcelona to struggle a bit, while he'd be parading the CL trophy down Champs-Élysées. The reality of what he's done seems to have hit him.

The story could obviously just be bollox, but you wouldn't exactly put it past him to have set the wheels in motion for a possible exit.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't think it'll happen but Neymar has been pandered to his whole life, he probably thinks he can just get out of PSG as it's not the dream move he thought it was going to be.

Because you can't play him and Lukaku together and we are still struggling to get Sanchez settled into this team? I've never been a fan of Lukaku but he's improved this season and we have made our £75M bed, we need top lie in it I guess.
I think we are still going to need some sort of additional upgrade in attack next year if we want to tangle with City. Scoring 70-75 goals isn't going to bridge the gap when they are knocking in 100-110.

Devil may care

I think we are still going to need some sort of additional upgrade in attack next year if we want to tangle with City. Scoring 70-75 goals isn't going to bridge the gap when they are knocking in 100-110.
Well I'd hope next season we'll be getting a good clump of goals from Sanchez to add to what we've gotten this season but I don't disagree, I just don't think if we do add to the attack in spite of Mourinho saying we wont, it will be a different kind of forward, not another pure #9, someone like Dybala or Bale (hopefully not).

deafepl

Sorry, scoring a lot of goals are not going to win the league but the defence does as long as we have a good attacking scoring record. It is important we concede less than opponents and a forward player will win a match as long as we concede less goal than opponents. For an example, Liverpool scored more goal than us by 10 goals, yet they are 5th behind. We can win the league with 38 goals, 38 clean sheets = 114 points. City spent nearly 200m and it has impacted massively positive on them.

The modern transfer window will cost us 70-100m for an attacker like Griezmann. Attacking is not our biggest issues but defence and midfield do because we lack quick transition from defence to attack, we can't play out from the back, Pogba came deeper often to collect balls from the back but he is a not type of the player that should collect the balls from the back as he's more of advanced player than DLP, Young and Valencia didn't contribute to the attacking display much and hardly support them in the third final and they are not proper fullbacks, just converted. Lukaku is the right choice for us so our wide attacker can thrive with him on, as he can draw out defenders out of the position but they also need our fullbacks to support and overlap on the flank, giving a lot of space for an attacker to exploit.

Adding CM to join 3 midfield to balance the midfield, add a ball-playing defender who can calm under pressure and add two fullbacks will make United a lot stronger and increasing the productivity of attacking in the third final. With Bailly and new ball playing defenders play the majority of games next season is very important to us so we don't need to rely on De Gea for making many saves in many games.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sorry, scoring a lot of goals are not going to win the league but the defence does as long as we have a good attacking scoring record. It is important we concede less than opponents and a forward player will win a match as long as we concede less goal than opponents. For an example, Liverpool scored more goal than us by 10 goals, yet they are 5th behind. We can win the league with 38 goals, 38 clean sheets = 114 points. City spent nearly 200m and it has impacted massively positive on them.

The modern transfer window will cost us 70-100m for an attacker like Griezmann. Attacking is not our biggest issues but defence and midfield do because we lack quick transition from defence to attack, we can't play out from the back, Pogba came deeper often to collect balls from the back but he is a not type of the player that should collect the balls from the back as he's more of advanced player than DLP, Young and Valencia didn't contribute to the attacking display much and hardly support them in the third final and they are not proper fullbacks, just converted. Lukaku is the right choice for us so our wide attacker can thrive with him on, as he can draw out defenders out of the position but they also need our fullbacks to support and overlap on the flank, giving a lot of space for an attacker to exploit.

Adding CM to join 3 midfield to balance the midfield, add a ball-playing defender who can calm under pressure and add two fullbacks will make United a lot stronger and increasing the productivity of attacking in the third final. With Bailly and new ball playing defenders play the majority of games next season is very important to us so we don't need to rely on De Gea for making many saves in many games.
We need to score more goals if we are going to challenge City. They are 28 ahead of us in goal difference, so if we want to bridge the gap we are going to have to upgrade our attack in some way - whether that means buying a new world class player, or Jose simply getting this group to perform better than they have. Defense is clearly not a problem as we have one of the best and deepest defenses in the league, including the world's best keeper. We may obviously invest in a FB, but that obviously wouldn't stop us from upgrading in midfield or attack. The bottom line is we are not going to challenge City unless we dramatically increase the amount of goals we score.

deafepl

We need to score more goals if we are going to challenge City. They are 28 ahead of us in goal difference, so if we want to bridge the gap we are going to have to upgrade our attack in some way - whether that means buying a new world class player, or Jose simply getting this group to perform better than they have. Defense is clearly not a problem as we have one of the best and deepest defenses in the league, including the world's best keeper. We may obviously invest in a FB, but that obviously wouldn't stop us from upgrading in midfield or attack. The bottom line is we are not going to challenge City unless we dramatically increase the amount of goals we score.
Upgrading full backs, adding new ball playing defender and adding new CM in 3 midfield will increase the number of goals and will make us play better, more control we take of games more we will score. Our defence depth need to be upgraded in some way, our defence let us down often, more than our attacking. Bailly is first choice, Jones/Smalling perhaps but 3/4 choice. Blind? No, Darmain? No, they all need to be replaced immediately. If Jones getting an injury again, he will need to be replaced, not worth.

Jose can get us to score more than 100+ goals like he did with Real Madrid in 11/12, he upgraded fullbacks in Real Madrid, all of sudden, Real Madrid smashing a lot of teams - 4-0, 6-0 in the league and broke the record of points (Highest La Liga point ever) and goal record, they were one of the best counter-attacking team in world ever.

With our budget, we are not going to spend much more money on attacking for no reason if we are not going to strength other weak position.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Upgrading full backs, adding new ball playing defender and adding new CM in 3 midfield will increase the number of goals and will make us play better, more control we take of games more we will score. Our defence depth need to be upgraded in some way, our defence let us down often, more than our attacking. Bailly is first choice, Jones/Smalling perhaps but 3/4 choice. Blind? No, Darmain? No, they all need to be replaced immediately. If Jones getting an injury again, he will need to be replaced, not worth.

Jose can get us to score more than 100+ goals like he did with Real Madrid in 11/12, he upgraded fullbacks in Real Madrid, all of sudden, Real Madrid smashing a lot of teams - 4-0, 6-0 in the league and broke the record of points (Highest La Liga point ever) and goal record, they were one of the best counter-attacking team in world ever.

With our budget, we are not going to spend much more money on attacking for no reason if we are not going to strength other weak position.
A full back, attacker, and midfielder is completely feasible this summer. We are losing Zlatan and his wages off the books so there is room there if the right player is available. With the emergence of McTominay and the return of Perreira next year, I doubt we are going to be investing in another midfielder when we already have Matic, Pogba, McTominay, Fellaini, and Herrera and Perreira are under contract until the summer of 2019.

deafepl

A full back, attacker, and midfielder is completely feasible this summer. We are losing Zlatan and his wages off the books so there is room there if the right player is available. With the emergence of McTominay and the return of Perreira next year, I doubt we are going to be investing in another midfielder when we already have Matic, Pogba, McTominay, Fellaini, and Herrera and Perreira are under contract until the summer of 2019.
Sorry, Jose said himself that we are not going to add attacker after Sanchez and will be getting two midfielders. Periera at the moment is not enough good to be a starter for us. Fellaini is leaving as he doesn't want to renew the contract with United offering a new contract. Do we really need to keep Fellaini? I felt we should upgrade him to new world-class midfielder like Kroos, we have our Scott Mctomiany who has the same height as Fellaini.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sorry, Jose said himself that we are not going to add attacker after Sanchez and will be getting two midfielders. Periera at the moment is not enough good to be a starter for us. Fellaini is leaving as he doesn't want to renew the contract with United offering a new contract. Do we really need to keep Fellaini? I felt we should upgrade him to new world-class midfielder like Kroos, we have our Scott Mctomiany who has the same height as Fellaini.
Jose is obviously not going to reveal exactly what he is planning on doing this early. We may lose Fellaini and Carrick, which could conceivably open up a new spot for a new midfielder, but with McTominay's development I can also see him not buying one, as we would have 4 midfielders capable of playing. There are no guarantees that players like Kroos would even be available since there are no tangible links to us being interested.

Sanche7

Jose Mourinho targets new Manchester United midfielder to replace Michael Carrick

http://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...-united-midfielder-to-replace-michael-carrick

Jose Mourinho wants a new Manchester United midfielder this summer

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-new-midfielder-this-summer-a3769106.html?amp

"If, next summer, we are going to sign a midfield player, it's to replace Michael Carrick and Michael is a phenomenal player that, this season, he couldn't give us anything at all.

"He's in the end of his career so if, next summer, we buy a midfield player, it's not to improve our squad - it's to replace Michael Carrick. So, to improve our squad in the midfield, we would need to buy two."

http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/mour...s-as-he-targets-two/n501fzabb9wx15j38zbx83c53

The one thing I can say for sure about our transfer targets for the summer is that we would be buying a midfielder. And most of the players we have been linked with are midfielders - Seri, Sergej, Jorginho, Kovacic,Doucoure ,Vidal to name a few.

About our midfield options -
Matic and Pogba : first team quality
McTominay : young learning but doesn't offer enough on the ball other than from a defensive POV
Fellaini - leaving most probably or hopefully
Herrera - has not played for a long time, looks like Mou has lost faith in him or something
Pereira - don't think Mou trusts him or that he wants to come back, even if he does come back, is he good enough to be a regular starter

I hope we dont go into the next season with a 30 year old Matic and an inconsistent and some what injury prone Pogba as our two top midfield options.
I would be happy if we bought even two CMs, a #6 and a #8 as I don't feel McTominay and Pereira are good enough to be starting in a club with CL aspirations, atleast they are not good enough now

Last edited:

ti vu

I dont understand where the Barca money is coming from? They got neymar money yes, but they have increased salary of messi and gave him a sign on bonus close to 50-100 million depending on reports. they spend 160 on coutinho, 145 on dembele, 15 on mina, 30 on semedo, 40 on paulinho,30 on arthur and another 90 on Griezmann. That takes close to 600 million and they have salary increases of messi, Umtiti wants a new contract, suraez contract renewal is due, they do not have such money, specially the wages part.
My guess: They got all the cash from Neymar since PSG had to pay the release clause in 1 go. With their signings beside Griezmann, they agreed deals with the selling clubs so they can pay with installments. They have transfer budget beside the Neymar money for each season. They freed up previously Neymar's big wage to balance out for the new transfer. I think the men in power at the moment are trying to make statement to get re elected. In the future I think they would spend less and scarcely.

Sound like Real tried the Verratti scheme to con PSG to buy one of their super star players. I meant what can Neymar do if PSG doesn't accept the offer? There is no release clause

Status
Not open for further replies.