Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
In the same article says that Barcelona do not understand Neymar's proposition very well, since they will go to trial for the renewal bonus, which Barcelona have not paid in full. Therefore there are those who believe that it is a justification to go to Madrid, something like "you don't want me back so I'll have to find a team that loves me"(completely unnecessary in my opinion)

On the other hand, the article of As seems to be made to discourage, and more if it is accompanied by a poll that voted massively not to Neymar(for that price).

Devil may care

I get what he meant but Doucoure does not strike me as a player that SAF would have gone for. rather, he would have gone for the likes of Capoue and ask him to partner Carrick. I dont remember last time SAF bought a proper defensive minded CM.

I like Doucoure and feel he could be a good option especially because he can partner/replace Matic. BUt I understand viewpoint of other segment of fans who view Matic and Herrera as DCM options and wants more of a playmaking/passmaster CM.
This sums it up well for me, if we are looking to replicate City/Real with a more dynamic DM sitting behind two ball playing #8's then Douccoure is a player we might be able to mold into the Fernandinho/Casemiro role to take over from Matic in time, but if he's the main 3rd guy added to the midifeld I think we'll continue to struggle to control games and create chances.

Charles Miller

In the same article says that Barcelona do not understand Neymar's proposition very well, since they will go to trial for the renewal bonus, which Barcelona have not paid in full. Therefore there are those who believe that it is a justification to go to Madrid, something like "you don't want me back so I'll have to find a team that loves me"(completely unnecessary in my opinion)

On the other hand, the article of As seems to be made to discourage, and more if it is accompanied by a poll that voted massively not to Neymar(for that price).
He is not going to Madrid. Everything about this subject in the Spanish media are just lies. If any of those rumours were true some of his "friends" in Brazilian media would be talking about it all the time. Now that Madrid defeated PSG i bet all that Neymar-to-Madrid headlines will stop.

WelshManc

Would not be happy to see this.
Where would he play, ridiculous. They have Sané and Sterling who have been in unreal form this season, Bernardo as back up, probably someone else as backup who I can't think of right now. Same as the Scousers, Mané and Salah on the wings.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Where would he play, ridiculous. They have Sané and Sterling who have been in unreal form this season, Bernardo as back up, probably someone else as backup who I can't think of right now. Same as the Scousers, Mané and Salah on the wings.
Well they were hell bent on getting Mahrez or Sanchez? It is really annoying, he’s exactly the player I didn’t want to see them linked with.

Nero

City are at the point of diminishing returns now. I couldn't care less who they sign now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Massively marketable, extremely talented and has if needed great sell on value. Unless people are unhappy with his transfer, I believe the club got a very good deal.
Agree, but look up the definition of shrewd.

mav_9me

What was a sharp power of judgement about buying a player voted into a world eleven?
Arguably the shrewd part or the sharp judgement part would be the willingness to pay the price of 90 m for a world class midfielder (a lot at that time) but would be go on to be considered cheap in a few months.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Arguably the shrewd part or the sharp judgement part would be the willingness to pay the price of 90 m for a world class midfielder (a lot at that time) but would be go on to be considered cheap in a few months.
Is he looking cheap for his output right now? :lol:

ti vu

What was a sharp power of judgement about buying a player voted into a world eleven?
I don't follow. @Red_toad made good point about other aspect of the deal. Juventus basically spend on the fee on Higuain in same window, and now Coutinho with less commercial value for more.

Madrid spent like 200 mil in one window about 1 decade ago. At the time, you can question them. Look what few years later, their signing looks shrewd when other clubs signing players for high fee, spending similar transfer budget yet the return was much less. Expensive , obvious thing can be shrewd if being played right. The key is timing. And time will tell the result

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid contacted with Letica(Hajduk),They see him as the perfect complement for Keylor

deafepl

Can Real finally decide on which keeper they want? :lol:

They seem to change target every other day.
If they are looking for the best goalkeeper, De Gea is not one of them, he's really bad but they really should get Darmain and Blind for 100m because they all can also play as a goalkeeper and they are brilliant keepers. Am I right?

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
If they are looking for the best goalkeeper, De Gea is not one of them, he's really bad but they really should get Darmain and Blind for 100m because they all can also play as a goalkeeper and they are brilliant keepers. Am I right?
C'mon now. Who needs Darmian and Blind when they can have the legendary Simon Mignolet?

Did I do this right?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is he looking cheap for his output right now? :lol:
When we say ‘right now’, do we mean the last handful of games? Because they have been used to generally erase the fact that Pogba on the whole has had a fantastic season.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The Griezmann family is already house hunting in Barcelona.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Obvious to everyone then that they got to him last summer and the whole story about not leaving Atletico in the lurch was lip service then

ti vu

Obvious to everyone then that they got to him last summer and the whole story about not leaving Atletico in the lurch was lip service then
Not sure about lip service. Barcelona would have paid the release clause with the money PSG paid them for Neymar instead of gambling more on Dembele. Clearly Griezmann for some reasons decided to stay by signing the contract

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Not sure about lip service. Barcelona would have paid the release clause with the money PSG paid them for Neymar instead of gambling more on Dembele. Clearly Griezmann for some reasons decided to stay by signing the contract
I'd say they couldn't use all of the Neymar money if I'm honest.

United_We_Stand

Steve Bates: "United are planning a summer swoop for Juventus defender Alex Sandro – with Matteo Darmian as makeweight....
Ed Woodward is also investigating a move for Ajax teenage striker Justin Kluivert – with Daley Blind as bait.
Mourinho would happily trade Blind back to Ajax who sold him to United in a £14m deal in 2014."

Devil may care

Steve Bates: "United are planning a summer swoop for Juventus defender Alex Sandro – with Matteo Darmian as makeweight....
Ed Woodward is also investigating a move for Ajax teenage striker Justin Kluivert – with Daley Blind as bait.
Mourinho would happily trade Blind back to Ajax who sold him to United in a £14m deal in 2014."
Can't see the point in Kluivert but Sandro is the ideal LB for Mourinho, he's good defensively, strong, athletic and very experienced.

cyberman

Miki for Sanchez
Darmian for Sandro
I cant wait until Fellaini for Verratti

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Edit - original tweet from Barca was deleted and now it’s listed as an “agreement for transfer”...

Last edited:

Sanche7

How much has Barca spend since Neymar sale?

Dembele, Coutinho, Paulinho,Semedo, Deulofeu, Yerry Mina and now Arthur with a deal for Griezzman supposedly agreed for 90 million pounds.

Barca have also agreed to clauses that could see them hand over an additional €40m in bonuses for both Coutinho and Dembele, meaning they could end up paying €160m and €145m for the pair, respectively, while there is also a potential €5m to be tagged on to the deal with Benfica for right-back Semedo.

Add to that 8.5 mill for Mina, 35 million for Arthur and 90 for Griezzman.:eek:

Last edited:

Sanche7

They're making all the right moves in replacing the older players in the squad, they'll have quite the talented, young squad after summer.
Oh yeah spend nearly 500 mill within a year and you are bound to have a younger and better squad ;)

pascell

Oh yeah spend nearly 500 mill within a year and you are bound to have a younger and better squad ;)
Of course, they're spending it wisely on young, talented players which was what I was trying to say.

We know with how the game and transfer market is working, if you want to stay at the top then you have to spend what it takes and that's what they're doing.

Charles Miller

Wish United had a policy to sign that kind of mobile/skilfull midfielder with low center of gravity able to dribble fast like Keita, Arthur, Fred, Seri, etc. At least one of that type of player would help a lot, especially in european competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.