Transfer Tweets - 2017 | When posting a tweet in a foreign language, post English translation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorky_utd

can any body post the tweet from dimarzio that we have offered 35m euro for perisic but inter want more?

boxykronikle

I pity for the poor souls.

Even during Fergie era, we did not exactly buy 10 superstars/hyped names for 10 position. Fergie made sure his team can work as a cohesive unit.

Mourinho is the same. Can we have a little bit of faith in him and stop being a 5 year old?

jesperjaap

I agree plus if we sign Perisic, Griezmann and say Lukaku (only 3) are we to say this is a bad summer of business? Id rather we address our squad balance the way the manger see's fit. Plus people are forgetting Jose is a beast in the transfer market and isn't known for signing bad players. I am not worried in the slightest Ed has had the list since March I'm just going to sit back relaxed and see them arrive. Looking forward to next season already with season book renewed.
Lets face it, we can all argue "this player is average" "this youngster will never be world class" "He is crap" regarding signings we are linked with. At the end of the day if you look at our best first eleven, for me there are 3 or 4 positions we are really really average in despite spending millions. Whoever we sign, I would expect they would improve us in those positions in comparison to what we have

It's a farce!

Anxious? Are you serious? There are people on this board losing their shit over one player who signed for City. People behaving as if signing players is more important than actually winning trophies. Why is the manager giving his shortlist 2 months ago relevant? The season finished this week!!!! Inspiring confidence? Maybe, just maybe, the manager knows more about football than any of the transfer sycophants on this board.

Let's be clear, I couldn't give a feck who City sign. I trust our manager to get who he wants. Until then, I'll sit back and enjoy the fact that I've just watched my club win the only trophy they had previously never won.
This. 100℅.

ClosetDevil

This isn't serious, right? Anyone of those players will improve our side significantly. You're doing a good job consoling yourself with that statement. We are talking of quality players, you're talking of manager profiles.
There is NO sense in trying to fit square pegs into round holes. We should have learnt this from the last few seasons.

ClosetDevil

Anxious? Are you serious? There are people on this board losing their shit over one player who signed for City. People behaving as if signing players is more important than actually winning trophies. Why is the manager giving his shortlist 2 months ago relevant? The season finished this week!!!! Inspiring confidence? Maybe, just maybe, the manager knows more about football than any of the transfer sycophants on this board.

Let's be clear, I couldn't give a feck who City sign. I trust our manager to get who he wants. Until then, I'll sit back and enjoy the fact that I've just watched my club win the only trophy they had previously never won.
Thank you for adding some much needed sense to this mess of a forum. The toys being thrown out of prams is unreal. The anger is strong here. Meltdown imminent.

The forum should be shut for 24hrs after every rival signs a "good" player that we've been linked to over the past 5 years.

AndyJ1985

Wanting €55-60m is just silly. But I suppose that's what we get for being the richest club in the world. Clubs take the piss.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Whilst I'm not anxious I can understand some of the others' sentiment. Its likely City will take 3 targets that we had, not just 1. Fabinho and Mendy look to follow Silva. Whilst Fabinho was the only real concern for me, I'm not really pleased to see them go for a player like Silva and us opt for Perisic.

We all trust Mourinho, but that doesn't mean he's always right and I don't really rate his attacking judgement as his defensive ones.
Silva and Perisic are completely different profile of players. Silva is a playmaker from wide areas, agile and good with his feet. Perisic is strong/fast, hard working on the wings.

We already have Mkitaryan and Mata to play in Silva's position on the right. Perisic is a player that plays on the left and our options are Lingard and Martial on the left. Both of those options are lacking in quality (lingard lacks attacking quality, Martial lacks defensive quality).

I would not be surprised if Gareth Bale was our first option but it was too difficult to get him (he would cost 2-3 times what Perisic cost). Getting Griezmann seems to be our top priority (there are reports as early as January that we were negotiation with him since he doesnt have an agent). So we might get Griezmann as our main signing and then lower profile signings for the rest.

Mourinho signed Fabregas, Costa, Eto, Sneijder, Ozil, Di Maria and all were fantastic for him. Fabregas was a Barcelona reject, Sneijder was a Real Madrid reject, Ozil and Di Maria were low profile signings from smaller clubs. He understands the qualities needed to succeed in his system.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Silva and Perisic are completely different profile of players. Silva is a playmaker from wide areas, agile and good with his feet. Perisic is strong/fast, hard working on the wings.

We already have Mkitaryan and Mata to play in Silva's position on the right. Perisic is a player that plays on the left and our options are Lingard and Martial on the left. Both of those options are lacking in quality (lingard lacks attacking quality, Martial lacks defensive quality).

I would not be surprised if Gareth Bale was our first option but it was too difficult to get him (he would cost 2-3 times what Perisic cost). Getting Griezmann seems to be our top priority (there are reports as early as January that we were negotiation with him since he doesnt have an agent). So we might get Griezmann as our main signing and then lower profile signings for the rest.

Mourinho signed Fabregas, Costa, Eto, Sneijder, Ozil, Di Maria and all were fantastic for him. Fabregas was a Barcelona reject, Sneijder was a Real Madrid reject, Ozil and Di Maria were low profile signings from smaller clubs.
Fair enough - there's little I can disagree with on that point. But 55-60m for a modest improvement and a player turning 29 is still bizzare. There's surely other options.

Tiresome

is tiresome
Keane
Dier
Perisic
Griezeman

Say he gets all four, how would people feel about that as a summer's business?
at the best 6 out of 10, depressing as feck. 3 mediocre players is to add to the squad already full of average players.

TOP4 will be a miracle with this squad, compare to City and not even other top European clubs, we are in deep trouble as a club in general

OohAahMartial

Seems its like I said, they're asking for crazy money and we've offered sensible money. €35m is sensible. Expect us to be linked with 3 other wingers in the next few days to pressure Inter into getting real.

Hammerfell

at the best 6 out of 10, depressing as feck. 3 mediocre players is to add to the squad already full of average players.

TOP4 will be a miracle with this squad, compare to City and not even other top European clubs, we are in deep trouble as a club in general
You do hyperbole well.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Those four would probably fit with the £200m we are rumoured to be spending I guess, given the "PL tax" on top of the "United tax" added to any transfer fees.

Van Persil

Sky in Italy: Chelsea also interested in signing Ivan Perisic from Inter Milan. Man United offering €35m. Inter want between €55m and €60m

Nero

That seems like a classic Inter leak to pressure Utd to pay out.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Not understanding the negativity on Perisic. Seems to score and assist consistently. This season with 30 league starts and 5 subs (minutes are equivalent to 30 games total) he's scored 10 and has 6 assists. Not an outlier season either. I'd take that from each winger please.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Sky in Italy: Chelsea also interested in signing Ivan Perisic from Inter Milan. Man United offering €35m. Inter want between €55m and €60m
If United fall for this trick and we end up paying more, then feck me. :lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Fair enough - there's little I can disagree with on that point. But 55-60m for a modest improvement and a player turning 29 is still bizzare. There's surely other options.
Im not too bothered about the price tag, thats a headache for Ed Woodward :D
If he gives us 3-4 years so Martial can develop playing as a back-up for him then thats fine by me. His price tag is probably not that high anyway, since most reports are saying something closer to £35-40 million

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Watch Chelsea sign him and people then freak out as we've missed out to them :lol:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Wouldn't surprise me if our name has once again been used to pressure the actual interested club into meeting the asking price. In this case - Chelsea.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Watch Chelsea sign him and people then freak out as we've missed out to them :lol:
:lol: Imagine when he starts putting in worldie performances for them what the tone would be on here? Mané x1000

Status
Not open for further replies.