Transfer Tweets - 2017 | When posting a tweet in a foreign language, post English translation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

Any details of each? Where play etc?
Kessie and Zielinski are midfielders, the latter was a major target for Klopp last summer. Hysaj is a RB.
All three in action atm, in the game Napoli vs Atalanta.

Well Kessie got sent off 5 mins ago. He was having a good game. Atalanta scored with 10 men, they are 2-0 up now away from home.

Neither Zielinski nor Hysaj are Man United quality if you ask me, but hey.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
All three in action atm, in the game Napoli vs Atalanta.

Well Kessie got sent off 5 mins ago. He was having a good game. Atalanta scored with 10 men, they are 2-0 up now away from home.

Neither Zielinski nor Hysaj are Man United quality if you ask me, but hey.
I think we will sign one of Kessie or Bakayoko and are currently thinking whom to get. Both are about similar level. Kessie is a united fan and would jump at chance to come here, Bakayoko i think has better passing than kessie and both are a bit attack minded an not like for like to carrick.
Hysaj is the best right back right now in the Seria A, i think we might do a deal where we send darmian back to Italy
Zelinski is interesting, Liverpool want him badly I think even city had a look at him, i dont think he justifies buying right now though.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Seems we're hell-bent on signing a RB which is a bit of a shame for Tony.
We just need more cover at right-back. There's no one who could provide adequate cover for Valencia in case of injury/suspension/poor form in our current squad, which is far from ideal for a club with such ambitions.

MadMike

I think we will sign one of Kessie or Bakayoko and are currently thinking whom to get. Both are about similar level. Kessie is a united fan and would jump at chance to come here, Bakayoko i think has better passing than kessie and both are a bit attack minded an not like for like to carrick.
Hysaj is the best right back right now in the Seria A, i think we might do a deal where we send darmian back to Italy
Zelinski is interesting, Liverpool want him badly I think even city had a look at him, i dont think he justifies buying right now though.
If you made me pick one of the two, I'd easily pick Kessie, I just don't rate Bakayoko. Let me be more clear, I think he's a djemba-djemba or kleberson. Neither of them would replace Carrick and neither would get in the team ahead of Herrera & Pogba.

As for Hysaj being best RB in Serie A that tells me nothing really. Most of the top teams in Italy play the same formation Conte plays at Chelsea with wingbacks and 3 at the back. I think out of the the top 6 teams only inter and napoli play with fullbacks, so yeah.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
If you made me pick one of the two, I'd easily pick Kessie, I just don't rate Bakayoko. Let me be more clear, I think he's a djemba-djemba or kleberson. Neither of them would replace Carrick and neither would get in the team ahead of Herrera & Pogba.

As for Hysaj being best RB in Serie A that tells me nothing really. Most of the top teams in Italy play the same formation Conte plays at Chelsea with wingbacks and 3 at the back. I think out of the the top 6 teams only inter and napoli play with fullbacks, so yeah.
I prefer Kiessie too but i dont agree with Bakayoko being Djemba-djemba, he is talented but i think kiessie is just a notch above right now. Kiessie is also younger and may become even better.
I think if we sign either one i would be happy, but i think kiesse would make me more happy.

RedMaestro

I prefer Kiessie too but i dont agree with Bakayoko being Djemba-djemba, he is talented but i think kiessie is just a notch above right now. Kiessie is also younger and may become even better.
I think if we sign either one i would be happy, but i think kiesse would make me more happy.
Isn't Kessié more versatile than Bakayoko too? Seems to also have more that he can develop, although being really good. Don't forget the speed, Kessié is faster too, or?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Isn't Kessié more versatile than Bakayoko too? Seems to also have more that he can develop, although being really good. Don't forget the speed, Kessié is faster too, or?
Bakayoko gives better passing i think, Speed wise they are pretty close maybe kessie edges it, both like to carry the ball forward and dribble, maybe kessie does better here.Bakayoko i think tackles better but is certainly helped by Fabinho being on his side, kessie scores more often and bakayoko is better in air.
Both make lot of fouls and are good physical players. I think Bakayoko is more developed but Kessie shows more potential and may do better in a better team.

MadMike

Kessie is more technical, faster and with better engine. So, yeah.

I'd be extremely surprised and very disappointed if we even bothered to properly scout Bakayoko. Nevermind make a move or sign him. He was best described by fellow redcafe member in the CL match thread as a "Black Fellaini". It was the best description of him I've seen so far. I was not joking when I said DjembaX2 level, Djemba actually looked good for Nantes before we signed him. I've yet to see a game where Bakayoko actually looked good

RedMaestro

Bakayoko gives better passing i think, Speed wise they are pretty close maybe kessie edges it, both like to carry the ball forward and dribble, maybe kessie does better here.Bakayoko i think tackles better but is certainly helped by Fabinho being on his side, kessie scores more often and bakayoko is better in air.
Both make lot of fouls and are good physical players. I think Bakayoko is more developed but Kessie shows more potential and may do better in a better team.
I'm a bit surprised about the tackling, since Kessié started out as a defender. The most interesting thing is, which one of them will "suit" Pogba?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Kessie is more technical, faster and with better engine. So, yeah.

I'd be extremely surprised and very disappointed if we even bothered to properly scout Bakayoko. Nevermind make a move or sign him. He was best described by fellow redcafe member in the CL match thread as a "Black Fellaini". It was the best description of him I've seen so far. I was not joking when I said DjembaX2 level, Djemba actually looked good for Nantes before we signed him. I've yet to see a game where Bakayoko actually looked good
Cant base judgement on one game, i think he has good talent and potential. Maybe you watch him more than i do, maybe i just enjoy monaco's Football so much that i have biased views. I do think kessie would be better choice though. From monaco i would Pick Silva, Fabinho and mbappe before i touch bakyoko.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I'm a bit surprised about the tackling, since Kessié started out as a defender. The most interesting thing is, which one of them will "suit" Pogba?
Bakayoko is more cleaner i think in tackle and fouls people less. I do think he is helped by Fabinho being very very good.
It all depends where do you play Pogba? as a 6 or as 8 or as a 10 or even on left of a mid 3. None of the two is pure "6" but if you go on talent alone then kessie for me.

MadMike

Cant base judgement on one game, i think he has good talent and potential. Maybe you watch him more than i do, maybe i just enjoy monaco's Football so much that i have biased views. I do think kessie would be better choice though. From monaco i would Pick Silva, Fabinho and mbappe before i touch bakyoko.
I usually record and watch the CL games of interest and I've been watching Monaco in the group stages. I don't know if that's more or less than you. But you have to ask yourself why you'd be happy with taking the 2nd best CM of Monaco. Like, he's not even the best in the same team.

The game against City? Didn't he play "half injured"?
Allegedly. He might have been, who knows. But in the CL games he looked not much different. He walks bout in midfield, keeps passing mostly simple, he's a physical presence but not really technical enough to be a CM or disciplined enough to be a DM.

ti vu

I think Kessie has better passing & link up play though, but Bakayoko is better at driving forward & stronger in the air. Kessie works harder off ball while Bakayoko seems to be lazier & only try to do the bare minimum (not that he can't be aggressive when the situation requires), which in his own thread I think he's similar to Fellaini. Not exact attack minded, both of them but box to box type of player. Kessie seems to be better in his defensive duty. I don't think we're looking to replace Carrick like for like but upgrade on Herrera. These 2 potentially can be that. It's personal opinion so take it with a pinch salt, of course.

Red_toad

The guy I'd prefer over Bakayoko
Agree fully, looks to have a better all round game. Certainly would be very pleased if we were in for him. Fingers crossed the recent recommendation to Jose will have alerted him to send some scouts to watch Kessie

MadMike

I think Kessie has better passing & link up play though, but Bakayoko is better at driving forward & stronger in the air. Kessie works harder off ball while Bakayoko seems to be lazier & only try to do the bare minimum (not that he can't be aggressive when the situation requires), which in his own thread I think he's similar to Fellaini. Not exact attack minded, both of them but box to box type of player. Kessie seems to be better in his defensive duty. I don't think we're looking to replace Carrick like for like but upgrade on Herrera. These 2 potentially can be that. It's personal opinion so take it with a pinch salt, of course.
I think we're looking for more depth than anything, because with Carrick and Schweiny at the end of the road we'll have no backup or competition to Herrera soon.

People seriously underestimate Herrera for some reason. Bakayoko is not on Herrera's level or have the ability to get there from what I've seen. Kessie is closer but still inferior at the moment, his passing not as tidy or penetrating. Gagliardini was better.

You look at the EPL and see how many CM/CDMs you'd take over Herrera. Kante, ok yes. Henderson, Matic, Wijnaldum, Coquelin, Wanyama, Xhaka, Fernandnho, Fernando etc. etc... are a no. Why would you take the 2nd best midfielder of Monaco or Atalanta?

The less frequently we see a player the more we hype him up it seems.

ti vu

I think we're looking more depth than anything, because with Carrick and Schweiny at the end of the road we'll have no backup or competition to Herrera soon.

People seriously underestimate Herrera for some reason. Bakayoko is not on Herrera's level or have the ability to get there from what I've seen. Kessie is closer but still inferior at the moment, his passing not as tidy or penetrating. Gagliardini was better.

You look at the EPL and see how many CM/CDMs you'd take over Herrera. Kante, ok yes. Henderson, Matic, Wijnaldum, Coquelin, Wanyama, Xhaka, Fernandnho, Fernando etc. etc... are a no. Why would you take the 2nd best midfielder of Monaco or Atalanta?

The less frequently we see a player the more we hype him up it seems.
I don't agree. Matic, Fernandinho can definitely be that player in place of Herrera beside Kante, who in his own thread I said despite his quality may pose incompatibility with Pogba in midfield 2. Between Kante & Matic, IMO Matic is the player who is quietly has more influence, with Kante already great the way he is.

When we're talking about these 2 potential signing, we talk about potential to be better than Herrera just like Bailly is. Bailly has vast ceiling but even that he still has a lot of work to match Smalling's aerial ability, man marking ability, Blind distribution at the back, RoJones mutually understanding/ partnership...

Herrera is good in his own way: intensity, while tidy with his passing. However, there are games when the opponent matched him in these aspect, we need something else: a player who physical impose, tidy and can brute force through the midfield, but from defensive position. Pogba just lack defensive attribute to take over from Herrera & allow us to have different player. I have my doubt on Balayoko but Kessie definitely has that potential to be the player that in the future be the uphrade on Herrera. As described in my previous post, all around can one day match Herrera while his natural physicality mean he can surpass Herrera

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Agree fully, looks to have a better all round game. Certainly would be very pleased if we were in for him. Fingers crossed the recent recommendation to Jose will have alerted him to send some scouts to watch Kessie
Bakayoko is stronger and better on the ball I think. Kessie never seems fully in control of what he's doing. Take a look at this performance against Juve...

I'd prefer Bakayoko.

ti vu

Bakayoko is stronger and better on the ball I think. Kessie never seems fully in control of what he's doing. Take a look at this performance against Juve...

I'd prefer Bakayoko.
It's depend on what you're looking for in your supposed another part of midfield 2 with Pogba. Bakayako has a special ability in his burst run through midfield that's comparable to Yaya Toure in prime, but very lazy off ball, and defensively. Kessie is much more alert, and active off ball & defending. Kessie takes more risk/ does more adventurous thing leading to bad play, but that's coachable. Bakayoko is more cultured (which may have something to do with Monaco system is well oiled & players are assigned with distinct role. Having your teammates made familiar movement/ create solid passing pattern helps), but drift in & out of game more. Kessie was dragged in different role for Atlanta, even in same game. I did see Bakayoko before this season, and he had game when he's worse than this Kessie highlight here. Young players blow hot & cold. If this is the best they both would be, then I don't want anything with them. We're talking about potential here & natural attribute that we can hone into something else in the long run, in which IMO see Kessie has more ideal attributes.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's depend on what you're looking for in your supposed another part of midfield 2 with Pogba. Bakayako has a special ability in his burst run through midfield that's comparable to Yaya Toure in prime, but very lazy off ball, and defensively. Kessie is much more alert, and active off ball & defending. Kessie takes more risk/ does more adventurous thing leading to bad play, but that's coachable. Bakayoko is more cultured (which may have something to do with Monaco system is well oiled & players are assigned with distinct role. Having your teammates made familiar movement/ create solid passing pattern helps), but drift in & out of game more. Kessie was dragged in different role for Atlanta, even in same game. I did see Bakayoko before this season, and he had game when he's worse than this Kessie highlight here. Young players blow hot & cold. If this is the best they both would be, then I don't want anything with them. We're talking about potential here & natural attribute that we can hone into something else in the long run, in which IMO see Kessie has more ideal attributes.
I'm factoring in age when I day I'd prefer Bakayoko. He just far calmer on the ball than Kessie and I think with a bit of coaching he could learn how to play a holding role if that's what we want. I just look at Kessie and wonder if he'll hold up to the quicker game over here and manage to deal with teams that press, which is becoming more popular.

Of course, it could go either way as we're talking about two young midfielders who are years away from being the final product. Just my gut feeling right now is that Bakayoko would be a better fit for us. Though both stories could be out there to throw other teams off the scent and we go for somebody completely different like Weigl.

MadMike

I don't agree. Matic, Fernandinho can definitely be that player in place of Herrera beside Kante, who in his own thread I said despite his quality may pose incompatibility with Pogba in midfield 2. Between Kante & Matic, IMO Matic is the player who is quietly has more influence, with Kante already great the way he is.

When we're talking about these 2 potential signing, we talk about potential to be better than Herrera just like Bailly is. Bailly has vast ceiling but even that he still has a lot of work to match Smalling's aerial ability, man marking ability, Blind distribution at the back, RoJones mutually understanding/ partnership...

Herrera is good in his own way: intensity, while tidy with his passing. However, there are games when the opponent matched him in these aspect, we need something else: a player who physical impose, tidy and can brute force through the midfield, but from defensive position. Pogba just lack defensive attribute to take over from Herrera & allow us to have different player. I have my doubt on Balayoko but Kessie definitely has that potential to be the player that in the future be the uphrade on Herrera. As described in my previous post, all around can one day match Herrera while his natural physicality mean he can surpass Herrera
Well we can agree to disagree. Like I said, I'm rating Bakayoko at Fellaini and Djemba-Djemba levels, so when you tell me they will be an improvement over Herrera, I just can't accept it.

Time will tell.

United Pro

I think when most people here want Kessie over Bakayoko, it's because they feel like Kessie is more suited to sit deeper comparatively. However, if we were looking for a CDM, surely we would have looked at Bakayoko's team mate Fabinho who's better at sitting deep compared to Bakayoko. If the Bakayoko links are true, then surely Mourinho is looking for a more explosive midfielder who can drive the ball forward.
Either way, I don't think we should be comparing Kessie to Bakayoko as the former is more of a CDM, while Bakayoko is more suited to a box to box role. But if we were strictly looking for a deeplying CDM then there are imo better players than Kessie (even with his age considered), where Fabinho would be just one example.

RedMaestro

I think when most people here want Kessie over Bakayoko, it's because they feel like Kessie is more suited to sit deeper comparatively. However, if we were looking for a CDM, surely we would have looked at Bakayoko's team mate Fabinho who's better at sitting deep compared to Bakayoko. If the Bakayoko links are true, then surely Mourinho is looking for a more explosive midfielder who can drive the ball forward.
Either way, I don't think we should be comparing Kessie to Bakayoko as the former is more of a CDM, while Bakayoko is more suited to a box to box role. But if we were strictly looking for a deeplying CDM then there are imo better players than Kessie (even with his age considered), where Fabinho would be just one example.
Remember reading a few weeks ago that Fabinho had a soft spot for City according to his father...

United Pro

Remember reading a few weeks ago that Fabinho had a soft spot for City according to his father...
I believe his father said "We like Manchester United & Mourinho's work, but we have a soft spot for Manchester City." So they're just keeping their options open.

Alabaster Codify7

Sanchez will be gone this summer, regardless of whether they get top 4. Ozil, too. I think both have had a guts-full and have seen Arsenal for what it is in terms of how the club will be handled going forward. A perpetual contender for top 4 and little more.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is John Cross reliable? Huge loss for Arsenal if true.
He is a massive Arsenal fan and adores Wenger so as in the know as any journo.
First response to that tweet from an Arsenal fan:
Yes this the "Madrid story." It's not from Cross initially, it's The Times and it's bollocks.

Still, Alexis Sanchez leaving Arsenal in the summer is pretty likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.