Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahsan_6386

Well yeah, that’s what Lyon want. Personally I think Fekir wants the move but that alone isn’t enough to get it done.

Lyon don’t have to sell if we’re not offering what they want.
I think its half and half scenario . I believe he is interested in Liverpool and wants to play for Klopp after watching the kind of impact Mane and Salah made adapting to Klopp's attacking play . But he is loyal to Lyon and wouldn't mind representing them again next season and wants them to compensated heavily if he is sold .

There has been talks of interest from Bayern too although I am not sure how true they are but they do need to replace Robben and Ribery and Fekir can be a smart option for them . So if they are serious about him then they are a bigger attraction than Liverpool and he might weigh his options then . All in all I do believe Liverpool will be the ones signing him provided none of the big guns don't get involved .

Reactions: Penna

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Just me or is Cillesen a tad underwhelming for Liverpool? From Allison to Cillesen is a big drop.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think its half and half scenario . I believe he is interested in Liverpool and wants to play for Klopp after watching the kind of impact Mane and Salah made adapting to Klopp's attacking play . But he is loyal to Lyon and wouldn't mind representing them again next season and wants them to compensated heavily if he is sold .

There has been talks of interest from Bayern too although I am not sure how true they are but they do need to replace Robben and Ribery and Fekir can be a smart option for them . So if they are serious about him then they are a bigger attraction than Liverpool and he might weigh his options then . All in all I do believe Liverpool will be the ones signing him provided none of the big guns don't get involved .
Yeah that’s a fair assessment. I think we’ve been given an indication from Fekir’s camp that he’ll sign if we can agree a deal with Lyon.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Reliable sources in Brazilian media(Globo Esporte) are saying its 55 million euros. It would be 48 millions in pounds.
Edit: ok mate.
:angel:
I'm actually surprised they haven't add plane, train ticket, costs of medical, cost of announcement video, add ons, bonuses, and his wages for next five years + 1 optional in tweet.
Give them time.

Nick7

Why?

Some people want their future sorted before going into it.
Because it's win / win for selling teams. A good performance means more teams could come in, or the price can go up. A bad WC performance doesn't mean too much. I don't see why a team would sell before they go and perform at it.

Charles Miller

:angel:
I'm actually surprised they haven't add plane, train ticket, costs of medical, cost of announcement video, add ons, bonuses, and his wages for next five years + 1 optional in tweet.
Give them time.
They are like a monopoly in Brazil and agents will want to give them exclusives to gain prestige and influence. I would be very surprised if the deal is not close to 55 million euros as they said. Also i hate white texts. I bite two this week alone:lol:

GwilDor

Honestly, i think the Bayern rumours are put out by Lyon to get a better price. I'd be very surprised to see this transfer completed before the WC. As far as i understand Fekir usually plays an AMC(#10) role, whilst Robben/Ribery are wide forwards or wingers. Would not be an ideal player for player replacement for either. He might still be a target for Bayern of course ,but then i'd expect him to replace James Rodriguez, Müller or even Thiago(whom is rumoured to be available).

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
They are like a monopoly in Brazil and agents will want to give them exclusives to gain prestige and influence. I would be very surprised if the deal is not close to 55 million euros as they said. Also i hate white texts. I bite two this week alone:lol:
:lol:Sorry, I just love wt, specially when someone bites. Good for you week is over.
I meant English press, they tend to blow up United's transfer fees.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Surely if Real sign Allison then Liverpool will go for Keylor Navas?

LordNinio

Because it's win / win for selling teams. A good performance means more teams could come in, or the price can go up. A bad WC performance doesn't mean too much. I don't see why a team would sell before they go and perform at it.
Unless the player gets injured at the World Cup, then they're stuck with a player that wanted to leave that they can't sell, and can't even play for them until he's fit again...

Nick7

Unless the player gets injured at the World Cup, then they're stuck with a player that wanted to leave that they can't sell, and can't even play for them until he's fit again...
Thems the breaks. I still think it's much more worth it for selling teams.

Ahsan_6386

Honestly, i think the Bayern rumours are put out by Lyon to get a better price. I'd be very surprised to see this transfer completed before the WC. As far as i understand Fekir usually plays an AMC(#10) role, whilst Robben/Ribery are wide forwards or wingers. Would not be an ideal player for player replacement for either. He might still be a target for Bayern of course ,but then i'd expect him to replace James Rodriguez, Müller or even Thiago(whom is rumoured to be available).
I will be honest I haven't seen a lot of Fekir but from whatever I have seen he is everything I want Mata to be . He plays similar to Lingard in a way that he is roaming around but he gives more width from the right side than both Mata and Lingard . Also I noticed he is a good dribbler and very good in ball possession along with being a smart tackler although this point I noticed while watching a YouTube compilation . I dont think he would be a direct replacement for either Robben or Ribery since Coman and James Rodriguez are also there but he can certainly do a fine job from the right side of midfield with an explosive right back . He can actually be a interesting signing for us since he is more proper right sided than others but not exactly a winger still it will be great to watch something happening on our right side for a change . Also not to forget having both Pogba and Fekir in front of Matic would tire Matic in record time but still he would be a more shrewd option than SMS who is mostly left sided .

peridigm

And it begins, from 52M€ in every news papers/website outside of the UK, to 53M£ in english news papers.
Don't you know when United are involved, the total cost of the player including his food, beverage, toilet paper, and anything he consumes over his time at the club will be included in the purchase price.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Don't you know when United are involved, the total cost of the player including his food, beverage, toilet paper, and anything he consumes over his time at the club will be included in the purchase price.
You forgot about doggie treats and dog kennels for Alexis :nono:

LordNinio

Thems the breaks. I still think it's much more worth it for selling teams.
Probably, but it's not completely a win - win, it comes with its own risks.

Another player in a similar position could also have a great tournament and become the new shiny toy everyone wants, pushing their player to the bottom of the pile.

Nick7

Probably, but it's not completely a win - win, it comes with its own risks.

Another player in a similar position could also have a great tournament and become the new shiny toy everyone wants, pushing their player to the bottom of the pile.
Then they keep the player, I see that as a win. There doesn't seem to be any players throwing the toys out of the pram to leave before the world cup either.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Have you ever seen Navas play? He's actually good.
@Summit yeah he's a good goalkeeper and yes I've seen him play, but he won't hold up well in England, he'll be found out just like Bravo was, who was also a good goalkeeper in Spain, he's also too old to adapt like De Gea did (also De Gea is a few levels above Navas).

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Split opinions it seems! He is only 31 and has bags of experience...has to be better than the two mugs they've got at the moment surely?

Aurell

Supports
Football
Navas would be a way better choice for Liverpool. He is really underestimated but stays a very strong goalkeeper, who give more confidence than Bravo did.

Anyway that new Real's interest also mean that Arrizabalaga who was promised to Real, will stay available. PSG, Tottenham, Liverpool or even Bvb and Arsenal should be interested.

About Fekir I wouldn't be surprise that his agent keeps looking for any other good opportunity but the real problem is that he can't suit with any type of formation and I'm not sure he is the type of players you change your team for. Besides the no-chance Real and City, it leaves Bayern and Juve as other options and to me, they are not better than Liverpool. Maybe Barcelona

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.