g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

They will have to break transfer record to sign him this summer. Really simple

If they want him next summer with 2 or 3 years left on contract then maybe 220m

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The depressing thing is, would they make this offer without some sort of indication from Pogba's camp that he would move to Barcelona? Wonder if they're trying to force a move.
That's not the way to do it. Also I know we would lose Pogba, but surely us getting two players in exchange makes a mockery of our transfer window shutting on Thursday for transfers in.

podurban2

This is classic Barca though , they know it won't happen this summer but now Pogba will play the whole season with reports of Barca interest propping up irrespective of how he plays . I reckon he will go next summer
Just wait, now their players will start tapping him up, their suits keep bringing up his name in interviews, and that fecking disgrace of a newspaper Marca constantly putting him on their front pages. Oh, and then the Ballbag tweets as a cherry on top.

God I fecking hate that club and everything associated with it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Testing the waters by disrespecting that much United? Yeah, sure, way to go Barcelona.
That's how they operate. Fabregas, Coutinho - you name it.

Atleast Madrid are pretty upfront about these things.

Vindal

So do Barcelona have some kind of indication from Pogba's side that he's open to the move? They wouldn't be bidding without that would they?
According to some of the rumours from the tweets thread, apparently Raiola is lobbying for a move to Barca, as Pogba, allegedly is unhappy with the state of things here... If there's any truth to that, it just makes me despise Raiola and his ways of doing business even more (if even possible). The way he seems to make clubs hostages and try to force things rather than his players publicly stating a desire to leave just annoys me to no end. I can't say I'm unhappy that Lukaku has dropped him, and I certainly hope that Pogba will some day. However dirty his methods may be, you've got to say Raiola's damn effective, though.

As for Barca; the usual arrogance from them. I almost burst out laughing the other day reading that Valverde says that they as a club respect others and that they can't just court a player without permission. Ha! Please... They go out of their way - publicly and otherwise - to get players to commit even before a deal has been struck. Ugly business tactics due to them feeling entitled beyond any reasonability...

Reactions: Penna

Erics_Collar

How long before his compatriots Umtiti and Dembele start declaring how Pogba was born to play for Barcelona?

Well, maybe not the latter seeing as he wants out too.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
They can play this sort of tactic with Coutinho. Taking on a big club like United might not be a good idea.

Obviously if Pogba wants to go hel go but a club with the financial power of ours will make sure we get something big from the deal.
What exactly can united do to Barca that Liverpool couldnt? just curious.

Judas

Open to offers
There's no way that offer was made with any expectations of us excepting it, literally only done to rock the boat and destabilise Pogba's position at the club. Classic Barca tactics.

Eddy_JukeZ

Awesome. Go start a poll and see.

Would be pretty shocked if I was in the minority. And would love to pick up the thread again half way through the season.
I'd pick Pogba over Mourinho too.

Because Jose isn't staying here long and is clearly past his expiration date.

I think you'd be in the minority on here.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What exactly can united do to Barca that Liverpool couldnt? just curious.
Offer more money in wages to Pogba than Barcelona could afford, and withold larger bid offers from Barcelona because we aren't Liverpool and don't need the money as much as they do.

prateik

Thats fecking hilarious. :lol:
50m euros + a backup defender they want to sell and Gomez.. Andre fecking Gomez.

We should offer 30m + Darmian + Rojo for Dembele.

2 can play this game.

Eddy_JukeZ

I hate keeping players that don't want to be here but, my god, we'd be utterly hopeless without Pogba. You could see how much we miss him all pre season.
Kick out Jose and he's probably perfectly happy staying here.

LoCalXT

It's funny to you guys but that's the level the top clubs perceive us now.
That's what happens when the club's cares more about partners than results. Completely forgetting what made this club great...can't live off a name/history for ever.

Judas

Open to offers
It's funny to you guys but that's the level the top clubs perceive us now.
That's what happens when the club's cares more about partners than results. Completely forgetting what made this club great...can't live off a name/history for ever.
No they don't. They're just trying to unsettle him and set themselves up for another transfer saga in their typical style. We've seen it all before.

Status
Not open for further replies.