Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Typical shrewd Bayern style, will sell the ageing sicknote for a hefty fee and go on to sign De Ligt for peanuts in comparison.

Norris

This world cup has had a terrible impact on my Muppet Pressure. Not getting enough of those Mupping Calories!!

Ooh Ahh Cantona!

Can’t post the link (Newbie) but Tuttosport and Corsport in Italy say Juve would consider selling Pjanic for €80m.

Could be exactly what we need - a player in the Kroos mould that can dictate play, retain the ball, control the tempo but also capable of chipping in with goals.

Their asking price of £70m could probably be negotiated down on and would be a cheaper, better fit than SMS.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'd like another central midfielder, problem is, we've spent heavily on midfield as it is, so buying a Thiago for 60m or a Kovacic for 50m means benching a 50m+ player.
I'd have much rather gone for Torreira, 26m or so buyout, while spending heavier on places we need.

Trizy

Typical shrewd Bayern style, will sell the ageing sicknote for a hefty fee and go on to sign De Ligt for peanuts in comparison.
Indeed. How a club should be run.

Wouldn't mind signing both Toby and De Ligt. Could let Rojo/Blind and Jones/Smalling to leave to cover their wages and a chunk of the fee.

Not only then would we massively improve in our starting CB category but we'd also have the biggest CB prospect in the world.

Infra-red

I'd like another central midfielder, problem is, we've spent heavily on midfield as it is, so buying a Thiago for 60m or a Kovacic for 50m means benching a 50m+ player.
I'd have much rather gone for Torreira, 26m or so buyout, while spending heavier on places we need.
If we buy another midfielder, it will most likely be a #6 to act as backup for Matic. None of Kovacic/Thiago/Verratti/SMS make much sense unless we sell Pogba.

cyberman

Bayern's transfer business is stupidly overrated on here.
Its been bang average for a while now

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd much rather have Boateng than Alderweireld, he's undeniably one of the best CB's in the world

If we buy another midfielder, it will most likely be a #6 to act as backup for Matic. None of Kovacic/Thiago/Verratti/SMS make much sense unless we sell Pogba.
Verratti and Pogba could definitely work in the same team, Verratti plays a lot deeper than Matic and Pogba.

Castia

At what point do we just forget all these older defenders (Boateng, Alderweirald etc) and just go straight for the one player half of Europe is after in De Ligt?

Infra-red

Verratti and Pogba could definitely work in the same team, Verratti plays a lot deeper than Matic and Pogba.
Verratti generally plays on the right of a midfield three for PSG (Motta, when fit, was the deepest midfielder), which is exactly where Fred will play for us. The problem would be fitting Verratti, Fred and Pogba in the same side. Not that it matters - there's absolutely no way they're selling Verratti this summer.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can't believe people are still moaning about us not being after De Ligt.
Look at our defence...do we need another project?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I can't believe people are still moaning about us not being after De Ligt.
Look at our defence...do we need another project?
Tell ya what though, If they want Blind like reported, I wouldn't actually mind buying De Ligt, leaving him there for a year, with Blind part of the package, pay the rest next year and bring in an accomplished defender this year.

All our CBs right now have questions marks.
Bailly: Injuries
Jones: Injuries
Rojo: Whens his next red card
Smalling: Ability on the ball
Lindelof: Can he improve on his first season

Wouldn't mind getting Toby in, get a partner for him, see who doesn't work out, and get De Ligt in next year

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It's a common theme with the penny pinchers Juve, Spurs and Bayern. Shame we can't be as shrewd!
If not for the abuse we always get over here as gypos, gypsies, tight cnuts and similar medals, may it be a lot PL clubs are still as rich as dumb with negotiating tactics? :lol:

Tell ya what though, If they want Blind like reported, I wouldn't actually mind buying De Ligt, leaving him there for a year, with Blind part of the package, pay the rest next year and bring in an accomplished defender this year.

All our CBs right now have questions marks.
Bailly: Injuries
Jones: Injuries
Rojo: Whens his next red card
Smalling: Ability on the ball
Lindelof: Can he improve on his first season

Wouldn't mind getting Toby in, get a partner for him, see who doesn't work out, and get De Ligt in next year
Where has this myth come from? Hes only had one big injury in his career and that was last season.

His injury record really isn't that bad

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eric-bailly/verletzungen/spieler/286384

❤

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

ArsenalBrett66

Supports
Arsenal
Not a bad Transfer window so far for us, Yeah ok I fully understand the questions about signing Lichsteiner who's 34, but to be truthful, bellerin literally had nobody of decent quality to fill in for him to get a rest, and to challange him.

Fingers crossed we can finish Torreira, hopefully and im being optimistic here, sign a cheeky winger like Lozano / Gelson Martins. All in all, quite happy indeed, obviously the players we've brought in won't get us competing for the league, but it's unai's first season, and his priority this season should be - Top 4 / and a cup.

midnightmare

THIS!
At the same time we are going to overpay for Willian and maybe a 'solid' CB..
"We are going to sign" based on what exactly? Leaks from Boateng's agent / Bayern honchos aimed at driving up a fee? Not like we ever hear rubbish like this when we're not interested, no sir! Gaitan who? Anyway, stop believing every rag you read. Our business the past few windows has been anything but about spending big sums on perma-crocks - something that has typified Jose everywhere (he doesn't even retain crocks normally - so yeah, no idea what Jones is doing for us!).

Ahsan_6386

They really see us as transfer suckers thinking we will buy all their famous cast off for a pretty penny . First Hargreaves then Schweinsteiger and now offering Boateng for a high price . But cant blame them since we are always ready to take the plunge . I hope we rather go for either Skiniar or Lenglet .

breakout67

Supports
Man City
"We are going to sign" based on what exactly? Leaks from Boateng's agent / Bayern honchos aimed at driving up a fee? Not like we ever hear rubbish like this when we're not interested, no sir! Gaitan who? Anyway, stop believing every rag you read. Our business the past few windows has been anything but about spending big sums on perma-crocks - something that has typified Jose everywhere (he doesn't even retain crocks normally - so yeah, no idea what Jones is doing for us!).
Don't mind that poster. They are doing the usual meltdown over media outlets making shite up.

The £60m for Willian originated from Mail Sport, which is tabloid news and very poorly sourced (usually no source at all). Not worth listening to.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To hell with Boateng and Alderweireld. Just buy De Ligt. Far more long term upside than the others

Status
Not open for further replies.