Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

Madrid might be looking to cash in.. Saying United are interested gets him the coverage they need... and puts their valuation out there.

We get linked to 100+ players every season. Just ignore most.

No one knew of the Dalot/ Grant deals till they were almost wrapped up. The "interested in a player" position is bs.. The papers have no clue unless someone wants them to know.

fallengt

:lol: At you all calling tapping up on the Pogba thing.

There's absolutely no way you can stop this stuff so why worry about it, is there some sort of clause in a players contract that says he can't speak to employees of other clubs even out of season? I doubt it.

Abidal is French - they were probably talking about the WC win (if indeed, they even met at all).
Yes you can.

Fridge chutney

Basically we can't afford him right now.
Based on profitability, both United and Liverpool are underspent compared with their peers. Both clubs are potentially handicapped by their American owners and could definitely spend more.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Based on profitability, both United and Liverpool are underspent compared with their peers. Both clubs are potentially handicapped by their American owners and could definitely spend more.
That's more astonishing in your case because United have huge financial strength behind them.

Zoo

The first name on their list is Matteo Darmian of Manchester United. Napoli has made a strong push for him in the last few hours. The Red Devils are requesting an expensive paid loan of around 10 million euros with an option to purchase of an additional 10 to 12 million. Napoli will try to meet these demands as Darmian is the first option.

MadMike

The first name on their list is Matteo Darmian of Manchester United. Napoli has made a strong push for him in the last few hours. The Red Devils are requesting an expensive paid loan of around 10 million euros with an option to purchase of an additional 10 to 12 million. Napoli will try to meet these demands as Darmian is the first option.
If we get 20m for Darmian someone at the board better give Woody the blowie of his life.

Come on Napoli, bite you feckers!

Nick7

go on napoli you heroes

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That... seems like an awful deal?

Higuain who they bought for huge money AND another player, for a guy they sold only recently for not that much?

If that was United I would be fuming :lol:

Hoof the ball

Higuain who they bought for huge money AND another player, for a guy they sold only recently for not that much?

Not only that but Caldara is a future Italy first team CB. Milan getting Caldara out the deal secures their CB partnership for 5-10 years with Romagnoli and Caldara. Brilliant business by Milan.

NinjaFletch

Think Milan are paying cash as well €18m this year for the 'loan' and €36m to make it permanent, but maybe I've misunderstood.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

They are getting 55m euros for higuain.

Bradley Leach

Not only that but Caldara is a future Italy first team CB. Milan getting Caldara out the deal secures their CB partnership for 5-10 years with Romagnoli and Caldara. Brilliant business by Milan.
Conversely, Juve seem to be going backwards; Surely the average age of their centre backs must be like 50 at this point, Chielini, Barzagli and Bonnuchi.

Inter Yer Nan

Pogba met with Adibal? Big deal. They were both on vacation probably staying at the same hotel and are both French and play/played at the highest level. Probably bumped into each other in the lobby and had breakfast together or shared an elevator.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
When we were linked with both Rugani and Caldara in recent weeks, nearly all of the Juve fans I read on their forum were 100% against Caldara making way for Bonucci and even called him a snake for leaving last year. They viewed Caldara as their next great Italian CB.

Very strange move for Juve in the long term. With CR7 there, though, they're obviously in "win now at any cost" mode. Thinking of only the next couple of seasons.

ash_86

Juventus are going for the CL, thats for sure. Might hurt them long term, but as long as they could keep picking the brightest italian talent , they would be fine.

Red_toad

So Darmian, Rojo and Blind gone or soon to be. I'd say we're certainly signing a defender or 2. Val injured, Young no pre season and 3 experienced central defenders (one of whom is Jones, so basically 2) isn't going to be sustainable. Next week is going to be crazy...

ti vu

When we were linked with both Rugani and Caldara in recent weeks, nearly all of the Juve fans I read on their forum were 100% against Caldara making way for Bonucci and even called him a snake for leaving last year. They viewed Caldara as their next great Italian CB.

Very strange move for Juve in the long term. With CR7 there, though, they're obviously in "win now at any cost" mode. Thinking of only the next couple of seasons.
Nothing strange. They have the team to push for it. If they're to waste, even for them, it's no guaranteed for them to get another group of players at that level in near future. Potential great is nice, but doesn't guarantee quality at the end of the day

Last edited:

Nedved

Conversely, Juve seem to be going backwards; Surely the average age of their centre backs must be like 50 at this point, Chielini, Barzagli and Bonnuchi.
Chiellini is 33, Bonucci is 31, Benatia is 31 and Rugani is 24, not too bad. Barzagli is 37, but he’s pretty much a luxury 5th choice.

haram

So Darmian, Rojo and Blind gone or soon to be. I'd say we're certainly signing a defender or 2. Val injured, Young no pre season and 3 experienced central defenders (one of whom is Jones, so basically 2) isn't going to be sustainable. Next week is going to be crazy...
Lindelof is back as well.

Johan77

I think Milan will loan him and pay 20mil. euro for one year, then there's an obligation to buy him for 50mil, or something.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I guess they needed to move Higuain on now that Ron is there.
Exactly this. They’ve over extended themselves financially to sign Ronaldo. His wages are in another stratosphere. Not surprising they are trying to balance the books really. Hardly a bad trade though, Ronaldo for Higuaín!

He’s only been there 2 years, and cost them 90m. So they’ve probably amortized 45m of that transfer. They are getting 36m for him (plus another 18 potentially), meaning their accounting loss on him is only 9m, and potentially they can make a 9m profit on his transfer.

Bonucci for Caldara seems incredibly short sighted. They are going balls deep to win the CL this year. But with a well established system and a finely oiled machine, plus a front two of Dybala and Ronaldo, I would put them in the top 3 favourites along with Barca and PSG. I have to count Madrid out because they simply can’t win it 4 times in a row.

Riz

Martial’s posted on Facebook to say his baby is ok (called Swan) but for the mother it was a bit more complicated but she’s ok now as well. Says sorry but his family will always come first, back to Manchester tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.