Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Modric stays, seeing that the club has had the sensitivity to improve his contract

LordNinio

Not over an entire business window.

Moyes could have pointed to some kind of bad luck in every single one of his games, and then made your excuse at the end of the season.

No boss on the planet will listen to all of your excuses for all of your failures over an entire period, then chalk it up to 'cirumstances'. That's ridiculous. Maybe they'll listen to one or two cases, but any more than that and it's your incompetence as an employee that's at fault.
What utter tripe, for a start I still haven't said that Ed had a good window.

Luck has nothing to do with it, and I haven't made a single excuse for Ed, because I'm not actually defending him as such.

All I have said, and it really is extremely simple, is that you as an individual can't judge Ed because you know nothing about the workings of the club, or the positions Ed were in.

You could be right, he could have had an absolute mare of a window, but equally, the Glazers could have leant on him to not spend so much, or a million other scenarios.

You don't know.

That is the point.

Ed is not beholden to Jose, so just because Jose asked for 5,doesn't mean the club agreed, so he may never have been trying to buy 5 players in the first place.

Again... You don't know.

Neither do I. Chances are, no one on the caf does.

This conversation isn't about whether he was successful, it is about whether you or I are in the position to judge, and neither of us is.

Edit - I should point out, I'm not saying the Glazers aren't in position to judge him, they are. They're just about the only people that are

Last edited:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
From Batshuayi's point of view, why would he stay here on our bench and hope for a chance? He knows he's good enough to start for decent sized clubs. So yeah, it may be dumb from the club's perspective, but Michy wants to play.

onemanarmy

From Batshuayi's point of view, why would he stay here on our bench and hope for a chance? He knows he's good enough to start for decent sized clubs. So yeah, it may be dumb from the club's perspective, but Michy wants to play.
I doubt however he likes to play for a different club every year. Valencia, Dortmund are clubs of his (potential) level. He should leave permanently, if Chelsea aren't giving him an opportunity after his successful loan at Dortmund, they'll probably never will.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I doubt however he likes to play for a different club every year. Valencia, Dortmund are clubs of his (potential) level. He should leave permanently, if Chelsea aren't giving him an opportunity after his successful loan at Dortmund, they'll probably never will.
I agree. I can't see him ever being the main man here. Doesn't appear our heirarcy was ever considering giving up on Morata this summer so that sealed Michy's fate.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's your best striker imo but I agree he should leave if he wants to play regularly and doesn't get the chance at Chelsea.

RedNed77

I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that the EFL clubs can make loan signings right up to the 31st August, does this not apply to Prem teams as well, and if not why not.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Apart from Smalling none of our CBs is horrible on the ball. Our attacking play has much bigger issues than the CBs starting the play from deep. Anyone thinking a CB would improve our attack of any note is ridiculous. We don't have a single RW in the squad, playing Mata and Lingard there. How we haven't addressed that position is beyond me.
You don't remember what happened when Van Gaal's brilliant defence had to actually attack Wolfsburg?

ti vu

That Van Gaal’s defence has been twice upgraded with pricey CBs.
Pricey? Their combined fee's still short of VVD fee. Everton paid pretty much similar combined fee for Keane and Mina.

Edit: Even CP could pay around 25mil for L'pool CB reject, Sakho

Kostov

Pricey? Their combined fee's still short of VVD fee. Everton paid pretty much similar combined fee for Keane and Mina.

Edit: Even CP could pay around 25mil for L'pool CB reject, Sakho
When we bought them Liverpool were yet to splash on VVD. Lindelöf was our record CB signing, wasn’t he? Everton overpaying for two other CB means nothing. Inter got Skriniar for how much?

el3mel

When we bought them Liverpool were yet to splash on VVD. Lindelöf was our record CB signing, wasn’t he? Everton overpaying for two other CB means nothing. Inter got Skriniar for how much?
Bailly was bought in the very summer City splashed 50m on Stones.

DBT85

Even when we bought them, I cannot consider £30m to be "pricey".

ti vu

Stones already was bought for 50mil the window same window as Bailly. City already paid 40mil for fecking Mangala few years prior. Southampton played hard ball and L'pool got shite scared with tapping up accusation or that transfer would be made in same summer Lindelof were bought.

It's straw clutching to bring Seria A transfer into this conversation. Italy is a different market altogether. Inter stroke another deal Sampdoria which played huge role in Skriniar transfer. How often you see Bonucci kind of situation past couple summers in England? Yet Chelsea and City 3 summers ago, couldn't get Juventus to negotiate when they're happy to pay better fee.

el3mel

And we laughed at City back than. And the point was, we improved that LVG defence, with a relatively unknown Bailly for good money and Lindelöf for hefty money also.
Since we laughed at City for paying 50m then Bailly for 30m was fairly reasonable and not a big sum.

Stop contradicting yourself.

Kostov

Stones already was bought for 50mil the window same window as Bailly. City already paid 40mil for fecking Mangala few years prior. Southampton played hard ball and L'pool got shite scared with tapping up accusation or that transfer would be made in same summer Lindelof were bought.

It's straw clutching to bring Seria A transfer into this conversation. Italy is a different market altogether. Inter stroke another deal Sampdoria which played huge role in Skriniar transfer. How often you see Bonucci kind of situation past couple summers in England? Yet Chelsea and City 3 summers ago, couldn't get Juventus to negotiate when they're happy to pay better fee.
You just mentioned the two transfers United fans laughed at City fans the most. And it was not the point, I said we improved that defence with two big money CB arrivals, which we did.

Kostov

Since we laughed at City for paying 50m then Bailly for 30m was fairly reasonable and not a big sum.

Stop contradicting yourself.
City got Stones from a PL rival for 50m, we got Bailly from Villarreal. How am I contradicting myself exactly genius?

Status
Not open for further replies.