Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Would we have to pay some sort of compensation because it’s a free transfer between two English clubs involving a young player? Wonder what they’d set it as
Yes and it’d be in excess of £30 million in my opinion. But I’d say he’ll either extend with the chavs or go to Germany.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
A huge statement of intent, followed by a summer where Fulham outspent us. It wasnt a statement of intent, it was Woodward keeping sponsors happy. The last summer transfer window we signed a Grant and Fred, and a kid who had played 6 games. That is not intent. The January window we signed absolutely no one even though we needed reinforcements regardless of the manager. Pogba has every right to leave. How long before fans realise the truth? Even Rooney saw it. The board have limited ambition. This may sometimes be helped if a board puts someone competent in charge. However, we have zero ambition and we have Woodward in charge. Ole might get 250m this summer but the next window he will get peanuts and the window after that it will be the same old story.
Away and lay down for a while, mate.

Sanche7

No way are we signing both Sancho & CHO. No way both are getting enough game time. And if we do sign them both, Greenwood will struggle for minutes. If CHO is moving for playing time, don't think he would get many minutes being back up to Martial or potential 100 million buy Sancho

sam147

Away and lay down for a while, mate.
Lay down for a while? Its because of prawn sandwich eaters who sit on there arses the club gets away with some of the shocking transfer windows and squad management.

croadyman

Worrying that Skriniar is being linked to City,should be in for this guy if Napoli price us out for Koulibaly

AKDevil

Would we have to pay some sort of compensation because it’s a free transfer between two English clubs involving a young player? Wonder what they’d set it as
Not free until 2020. And, if joined on a free would be compensation because of his age.

WelshManc

Is Hudson-Odoi available on a free this summer then? If so, we should just get him and have the options of SanCHO for the RW next season.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Is Hudson-Odoi available on a free this summer then? If so, we should just get him and have the options of SanCHO for the RW next season.
His contract runs out summer 2020 and even then, you could not sign him without paying Chelsea something. A tribunal would set a figure you'd have to pay. No idea what that would be for a full England international.

Jericholyte2

His contract runs out summer 2020 and even then, you could not sign him without paying Chelsea something. A tribunal would set a figure you'd have to pay. No idea what that would be for a full England international.
It would still only be a fraction of any fee we would negotiate with Chelsea.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It would still only be a fraction of any fee we would negotiate with Chelsea.
Oh for sure. I reckon something like £10 to £15 mil.

Liverpool and Chelsea were going to go to a tribunal for Dom Solanke. Liverpool wanted to pay £3M, Chelsea wanted £10m but the clubs reached an undisclosed agreement somewhere in the middle without actually having to go to the tribunal.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I just have no faith in us when it comes to getting things done in the transfer market. I don't get excited by links to top players, I don't have faith in us selling deadwood that has needed to go for so long now, it's been established that under Woodward we're just not efficient.

cyberman

No way are we signing both Sancho & CHO. No way both are getting enough game time. And if we do sign them both, Greenwood will struggle for minutes. If CHO is moving for playing time, don't think he would get many minutes being back up to Martial or potential 100 million buy Sancho
Why? Play them either Side with Martial and Rashford through the middle. Maybe adapt it v bigger sides but I'm tired of seeing us play one up top v Burnely at home so we can out number their impotent midfield. 90 percent of our games are v this same scenario over a season and there's no need for it.
Plenty of game time for everybody. Fans tend to worry about questions like this as if everybody is one hundred percent fit and on form every week. Look at Rashford over the last 3 weeks, you think he wold have caused that much of a selection headache during that period if we had Sancho off the bench?

WelshManc

I see. Yeh I know we'd have to pay you something still.

AaronRedDevil

Keep hearing we are in for Lozano, why? It makes no sense. Isn't he a left sided winger. Last thing united need to do, is the same thing they've always done. Buy a player who isn't best at the position he's been chosen for.

dove

Keep hearing we are in for Lozano, why? It makes no sense. Isn't he a left sided winger. Last thing united need to do, is the same thing they've always done. Buy a player who isn't best at the position he's been chosen for.
Wouldn't make any sense for any other club but it makes a perfect sense for us. We just love signing players we don't need and then trying them in random positions.

Cloud7

Lay down for a while? Its because of prawn sandwich eaters who sit on there arses the club gets away with some of the shocking transfer windows and squad management.
You’re absolutely right mate. We need to rise up :devil:

D4X73r

A few seasons ago, we could have bought the whole squad for this price.

And as stated before: paying that much for young player takes away the "let's hope he transform into a good player". Instead it's a "he has to be a world beater within 2 seasons or he is a failure". High pressure for the player and high expectation from the fans. Not a good way to develope a youngster IMO

Sanche7

If I'm not mistaken, he can play on the left and the right wing.
From WhoScored.com :
Position Apps Goals Assists Rating
FWR (Forward Right) 15 8 6 7.92
FWL (Forward Left) 11 7 1 7.72
AMR (Attacking Midfielder Right) 4 2 0 6.86
AML (Attacking Midfielder Left) 3 1 1 7.57
FW (Forward Centre) 1 0 0 6.72
So he has played 19 games as a Right sided attacker as opposed to 14 from the left, so I guess he is not a left sided winger
He has 19 goals and 8 assists this season and is 23

As of now our attack is stacked, but if we don't renew Mata's contract and sell Sanchez, we just have Martial, Rash, Lingz and Lukaku as attackers with two of them being strikers. I personally don't expect Chong or Greenwood to be first team regulars by next season which means we need depth. Lozano could be our backup plan if we don't manage to buy Sancho. Even if he's not, I think buying him for 30-40 million pounds wouldn't be bad business. He will be OK with sitting on the bench and has shown pretty good quality with great output. Every team needs back up players and 30 mill seems to be the going rate for good players now.
Just look at Manchester City's attack - Aguero, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, Silva, Bernardo, Jesus. If we want to compete with that, we are gonna need more than 4 attackers

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

These stories of one club raiding another club for more than one player at one given time are about as hopeful as a player exchange between two clubs happening. It feels like they played FM and assumed that’s what happening in reality.

Both of them are extremely rare instances as far as I’m aware. I think Sportings board would get lynched by their fans if they let three of their best players all go at the same time to a single club.

Kemizee

I think Pogba and Raiola will give United one more summer for them/us to do some serious work in the transfer window.If we fail to do anything that they deem to be inspiring then the pair will likely look elsewhere,and I dont think they will be alone (DDG,Rashford,...Jones).
Really? DDG I can understand but Jones should thank his stars on how incompetent our board is and be extremely grateful to still be here. Rashford, he is all potential at the moment. No club of our stature is going to start him upfront regularly and pay him the wages he will likely get in his new contract.

It is not really in his best interest to itch for a move.

Welbeckham

These stories of one club raiding another club for more than one player at one given time are about as hopeful as a player exchange between two clubs happening. It feels like they played FM and assumed that’s what happening in reality.

Both of them are extremely rare instances as far as I’m aware. I think Sportings board would get lynched by their fans if they let three of their best players all go at the same time to a single club.
Two of them play for Benfica. But I agree that it is unlikely that we sign more than one player in one summer from such a big club.

Really? DDG I can understand but Jones should thank his stars on how incompetent our board is and be extremely grateful to still be here. Rashford, he is all potential at the moment. No club of our stature is going to start him upfront regularly and pay him the wages he will likely get in his new contract.

It is not really in his best interest to itch for a move.
I was joking with regards to Jones.:D

Andy_Cole

Any other club in the world and that sum would have been 150m. But because it’s Manchester United, yeah they will splash 250m for an unproven kid, another young CB and a random chap who is havin the season of his career.
£250m would get Sancho, De Ligt and Koulibaby! In fact give you a decent amount of change to get a full back in too.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
If he wants to leave what else can we do?
I'm just pointing out that some people assume that if we got £150m for him, we would have the same amount to spend on new players.
One guy said give me £150m and I'll drive him myself.

Red_toad

I'm just pointing out that some people assume that if we got £150m for him, we would have the same amount to spend on new players.
Shame Wigan have no effective attacking midfield players, could repeat history :devil:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I just have no faith in us when it comes to getting things done in the transfer market. I don't get excited by links to top players, I don't have faith in us selling deadwood that has needed to go for so long now, it's been established that under Woodward we're just not efficient.
I see a lot of these stupid posts floating about in the lead up to, and during transfer windows. If the teenage twitter fans stop frothing at the mouth for a second, they’ll realise that we have been consistently big spenders over the last few seasons. Closing several big transfers, and have cycled huge amounts of players out of the squad.

The issue is not our ability to sign or sell players. Our problem is that we’ve had no coherent strategic intent in our recruitment and management processes. We’ve hired successive coaches whose tactical preferences were antithetical to their predecessors, necessitating in the the cycling of old players, and purchase of new. This creates a constant cycle of “deadwood”.

The solution isn’t to put the finger at Woodward and cry about how we never close transfer deals - because that’s patently untrue. It is to hire a director of football who not only understands the sporting DNA of the club, but can also continue to refine and shape it to the modern era. This way you get consistency in recruitment, and mitigate against the accumulation of deadwood.

In just one example, over the first 12 months of Van Gaal’s tenure the club moved on 14, fourteen!, first team players; and signed a host of replacements. Including a massive deal for Di Maria. Mourinho, then (again) replaced half the squad, and we brought in the lines of Pogba, Lukaku, and Sanchez in massive deals.

So unlike this this poster, I have every confidence in United “getting it done” in the transfer market - a cursory examination of recent history confirms that - Instead, my concern is us “getting it done” for players that might only suit a short term managerial appointment.

My hope is that Ole, or whoever the next manager will be, will be the first of a long line of managers to play in a well defined “Manchester United way”. Squad building can then act independently - albeit with vital input from the manager - on an institutional level; giving the club stability and success over a sustained period.

Last edited:

Kostov

Nah, it wasn’t my point. Personally I can’t see them paying what we would want.

Litch

I see a lot of these stupid posts floating about in the lead up to, and during transfer windows. If the teenage twitter fans stop frothing at the mouth for a second, they’ll realise that we have been consistently big spenders over the last few seasons. Closing several big transfers, and have cycled huge amounts of players out of the squad.

The issue is not our ability to sign or sell players. Our problem is that we’ve had no coherent strategic intent in our recruitment and management processes. We’ve hired successive coaches whose tactical preferences were antithetical to their predecessors, necessitating in the the cycling of old players, and purchase of new. This creates a constant cycle of “deadwood”.

The solution isn’t to put the finger at Woodward and cry about how we never close transfer deals - because that’s patently untrue. It is to hire a director of football who not only understands the sporting DNA of the club, but can also continue to refine and shape it to the modern era. This way you get consistency in recruitment, and mitigate against the accumulation of deadwood.

In just one example, over the first 12 months of Van Gaal’s tenure the club moved on 14, fourteen!, first team players; and signed a host of replacements. Including a massive deal for Di Maria. Mourinho, then (again) replaced half the squad, and we brought in the lines of Pogba, Lukaku, and Sanchez in massive deals.

So unlike this this poster, I have every confidence in United “getting it done” in the transfer market - a cursory examination of recent history confirms that - Instead, my concern is us “getting it done” for players that might only suit a short term managerial appointment.

My hope is that Ole, or whoever the next manager will be, will be the first of a long line of managers to play in a well defined “Manchester United way”. Squad building can then act independently - albeit with vital input from the manager - on an institutional level; giving the club stability and success over a sustained period.
Transfers are just a complete lottery no matter what approach or strategy anyone undertakes. How much you pay for someone rarely indicates whether they are going to work out or not cause there's too many variables from age, experience, culture, language, experience in this league, style of play, whether they settle, right fit with team, get on with team mates, family settle, injuries, change of manager as there's the strong possibility that the person who signed you will be here for a shorter period of time than you are.

Same for all the clubs, just easier as we know when the stars align and you win things. Ultimately that's the measure of your transfers strategy. No one focuses of the amount of players that it didn't work out for a City, just the ones that it did. Amazing how winning can bury the bodies of your mistakes.

Ephrem

Hats off to you sir !!

Status
Not open for further replies.