Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRCE

300M over what period of time? There’s no way we’re spending that much in one, or likely even two, transfer windows.

croadyman

What I find really frustrating is that Grealish is only seemingly a backup to Sancho why can't we just get both of them.

I can also see peoples point of view who say we only seem to sign players who we get a free run at.

We really could do with winning a race for a player just to prove we are capable of still doing that

Last edited:

Rish Sawhney

What I find really frustrating is that Grealish is only seemingly a backup to Sancho why can't we just get both of them.

I can also see peoples point of view who say we only seem to sign players who we get a free run at.

We really could do with winning a race for a player just to prove we are capable of still doing that
I don’t think we ever ever capable of doing it. I can’t remember a player we signed when there were multiple clubs going for them apart from van Persie. We famously lost a few like Essien.

Gasolin

So it sounds like you are saying we would only go for Grealish if we fail to land Sancho this summer even though they are different sorts of players
No I meant it's Sancho and then there's a decision between Grealish and VdB.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Feels a bit like a mix of snobbery and insecurity. I don't feel Man Utd need to prove anything when you look at some of the names we have signed. Heck, Man Utd dont have to prove anything in terms of being attractive for players because it is Manchester f****** United!

In fact, we should rather avoid players where there is a race for them. It rarely is. And if we do sign a player like Sancho, I'm sure most will argue that it was not a race (because it rarely is). Just like with Pogba. There was not a race for him. Why? Because he wanted to join us at the time. When we signed Memphis, that was a player Liverpool had been looking at for a while. But we did not face competition for him due to Liverpool realizing he wanted to join us.

In fact, I've heard that is a policy of Liverpool. They do not enter these type of races/competition for players due to the increased costs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Why do people say stuff like this when we brought in Lukaku, Sanchez, Fred, Pogba, Maguire who were all massively linked elsewhere at the same time at least, and were bid on at most.

Because some didn't turn out excellently doesn't mean we didn't win the battle initially.

Varun1

Is Falk trying to screw us by inflating all incoming transfer fees for us??

romufc

Why do people say stuff like this when we brought in Lukaku, Sanchez, Fred, Pogba, Maguire who were all massively linked elsewhere at the same time at least, and were bid on at most.

Because some didn't turn out excellently doesn't mean we didn't win the battle initially.
If there was a race, we would win because of the wages we can offer. The decision mostly lies with the player and the club he wants to join.

We could offer Dortmund £100m and Liverpool offer the same but if he wants to join Liverpool he will go there. If it comes down solely money, we will win the race.

Judas

Open to offers
I didn't know where was a narrative that we can't beat competition to a player, seems like absolute rubbish to me. We've done it loads of times, even when we've been "shit".

Cliche Guevara

We beat City to Fred, Sanchez, Maguire

We beat Real Madrid to Pogba

We beat Chelsea to Lukaku

We beat Tottenham to Fernandes

But...yeah...United is shit and why would anyone want to join a quite obvious comeback by one of the biggest clubs in the world.

crossy1686

career ending
We beat City to Fred, Sanchez, Maguire

We beat Real Madrid to Pogba

We beat Chelsea to Lukaku

We beat Tottenham to Fernandes

But...yeah...United is shit and why would anyone want to join a quite obvious comeback by one of the biggest clubs in the world.
You'd slap a rival fan for talking about United the way some of our 'fans' do. You'd honest to God think we've been relegated to the Conference the way some people go on.

georgipep

If there was a race, we would win because of the wages we can offer. The decision mostly lies with the player and the club he wants to join.

We could offer Dortmund £100m and Liverpool offer the same but if he wants to join Liverpool he will go there. If it comes down solely money, we will win the race.
Most fans cannot put it through their mind that a player might not have Man Utd carved on their hearts and actually like another team more.

For them it's all about Woodward, Ole or whoever else, not doing their job. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Haven’t got a tweet or anything but hearing that Maddison is coming in the summer. Bit surprised if I’m honest as all the talk seems to have been Grealish.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Just a quick reminder that Real Madrid, in all its class has asked season ticket holders to give up the refund, that is, if they want, as some sort of tribute, to 'help' the club.

This is the type of competition we're dealing with. All class baby.

Garry Buck

Not looking good for summer transfers so far.

Bellingham seemingly joining Dortmund

Sancho likely staying at Dortmund another year.

Linked with Van De Beek but he will likely stay at Ajax another year or join Madrid.

Havertz likely joining Chelsea.

Looks like it’s all in with Grealish or nothing.

vanderpants

Linked with Van De Beek but he will likely stay at Ajax another year or join Madrid.

being a utd fan you get used to this anyway , no Biggie , I just love listening to all the excuses

spaceboyRSA

According to? Very early days.

pascell

Where are you getting all this from? There's sources saying the opposite to what you're saying, no one even knows when the transfer window opens so anything could happen.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

I'm fairly sure you're just trolling at this point.

But if you're not and you really are this negative about anything United related, then the mods might as well make you a full member now, as you'll fit in perfectly.

kirk buttercup

:lol: we are doomed I tell ya ! Doomed!!! Relax earlier today apparently we were going blow everyone out of the water as we took advantage of the Covid19 crisis. It really is a rollercoaster on here without anything actually happening.

ChaddyP

How is Bellingham seemingly joining dortmund but sancho is likely to stay. I don't understand how you can think both things at once.

theklr

Computer says No :)

Redo91

There is nothing to suggest Sancho is staying at Dortmund! :lol:

Mihai

Sell the Glazers, sack the club. We are doomed.

ShinjiNinja26

That’s it then may as well just shut the doors, the clubs finished!

Jaxa

Shock, he stood out at Arsenal because there options were so crap, however I can't blame him for leaving that club where mediocrity is celebrated, i can see him head to MLS eventually, however maybe one last stint at a European club.

Status
Not open for further replies.