Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
How much longer is Mata under contract for? Next season will be his last isn't it (with an option for another)

There was a report in Belgium that we've said he's not for sale :nervous::eek:
6 players is a lot to move on in the summer. All six should go. This seems a sensible rate of turnover. The season is long and in Cup games players like Mata and Andreas have a role. They have the right attitude and that is half the fight. We have to have some squad players. If we can ditch those six and bring in three quality players that are good enough to start, we’ll be going a long way to building a very competitive squad.

Ditching Smalling, Rojo and Jones is an absolute must but I think we’ll need to sign a CB. Tuanzebe needs to go on loan again and show he can stay for a whole season. A first choice CB to partner Maguire with Lindelof and Bailly in reserve is very good. Mengi as a fifth choice for some cup appearances.

I think with midfield we are all set. Five first choice midfielders plus Garner and Andreas is excellent. Mejbri not far behind.

I would add a versatile RW, like Sancho who can give us some serious depth up front. Keep Ighalo on loan until January and then see where we are then and if we need to re-enter the market. And then add some full back cover. Williams is good but the drop off after Shaw and AWB is big. And they are both having to play some many games right now in the most exhausting position on the field. Adding a good right back to compete with AWB is a must.

So RW, RB, and CB. Not sure who we should look at for RB, but Sancho and Upemecano or Konate would be a superb summer for us. And after ditching the afore mentioned six, we would reduce our payroll as well.

Regardless of whether we make CL, this squad is on the upswing significantly. Good times ahead.

Marvin-ator

6 players is a lot to move on in the summer. All six should go. This seems a sensible rate of turnover. The season is long and in Cup games players like Mata and Andreas have a role. They have the right attitude and that is half the fight. We have to have some squad players. If we can ditch those six and bring in three quality players that are good enough to start, we’ll be going a long way to building a very competitive squad.

Ditching Smalling, Rojo and Jones is an absolute must but I think we’ll need to sign a CB. Tuanzebe needs to go on loan again and show he can stay for a whole season. A first choice CB to partner Maguire with Lindelof and Bailly in reserve is very good. Mengi as a fifth choice for some cup appearances.

I think with midfield we are all set. Five first choice midfielders plus Garner and Andreas is excellent. Mejbri not far behind.

I would add a versatile RW, like Sancho who can give us some serious depth up front. Keep Ighalo on loan until January and then see where we are then and if we need to re-enter the market. And then add some full back cover. Williams is good but the drop off after Shaw and AWB is big. And they are both having to play some many games right now in the most exhausting position on the field. Adding a good right back to compete with AWB is a must.

So RW, RB, and CB. Not sure who we should look at for RB, but Sancho and Upemecano or Konate would be a superb summer for us. And after ditching the afore mentioned six, we would reduce our payroll as well.

Regardless of whether we make CL, this squad is on the upswing significantly. Good times ahead.
Our squad depth isn't too great. Surely, keeping a professional player such as Mata is crucial (his ball retention is fantastic and he could keep Jesse away from the 1st team squad).

sparx99

Just promote Laird as AWB cover. He’s looked good in his few first team minutes.

izec

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
oh of course I have, been following this thread for way to long, way before I made a user as well.

Just genuinely asking cause I think it should not be part of a transfer thread, that is up to the mods and rule makers though to decide
Bit Draconian isn't it? Where's your sense of humour gone?
Technically he's right though, they're all transfers

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Andreas is hopeless. Been here under 3 coaches and shown nothing.
Should be shown the same door as Lingard

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Advice: Put Fridge on ignore.
Putting Fridge on ignore was the best thing I did on the caf. I highly recommend it.
He clearly gets some sort of enjoyment out of pissing people off. It's a mod-sanctioned WUM at this point, but it is what it is. The ignore function's there so I'll just use that.
This thread is too funny.

Fridge makes a couple of posts and then we have multiple posts/posters complaining. I swear this thread would be half the length it is without all the "glad I put fridge on ignore" posts :lol:
I have him blocked but doesn’t really matter once you see pages of reply’s to him or in reference to him.

To me, it’s still adding up as, and to, the spam in this thread. Fridge spam.

Not sure what he gets out of posting lower league transfers which literally nobody cares about. Mods need to stop this sooner or later.

In regards to moaning about Fridge transfer posts

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I am going to start thread banning the people moaning about Fridge. You won’t see his posts if you’re not in the thread. Simples.

every year we have the same conversation. Fridge knows the boundaries he needs to post in.

after the year we’ve had so far? Get a grip lads

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I am going to start thread banning the people moaning about Fridge. You won’t see his posts if you’re not in the thread. Simples.

every year we have the same conversation. Fridge knows the boundaries he needs to post in.

Good approach

pascell

Glad you said it early on, last summer was tedious reading endless posts in here of people having a pop at him.

sparx99

Bellingham will cost €25m and will earn €3m a year. Birmingham will also receive a percentage of the sell on.
What is with these clubs recently setting a fee and then just letting the player choose? I'm sure Birmingham could have got £5m more out of Utd so why not make Dortmund pay that fee if that's where Bellingham chooses to go? Similar thing with Ajax saying to De Ligt, De Jong, and Ziyech that you can leave for 'X' fee. What happened to being sold to the highest bidder?

jesperjaap

Yeah Upamecano/Konate would be quality,however don't see us interested in a DM at all
I just think there isnt the money there for a defensive midfielder......not even sure there is for a cb in all honesty if as hoped we buy Grealish/Sancho

Baneofthegame

Glad it’s been said early.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If we pull this off it really shows Ole is heading in the right direction.
He’s heading in the right direction anyway but this would be impressive. I imagine we’ll get rid of 3 - pretty hard to get these players gone considering their wages.

Cliche Guevara

Well said, I was going to propose bans for those going cold on Fridge.

It’s funny because it’s only ever the lower leagues in England people complain about but are happy to discuss a loan from Benfica to Galatasary or anything Schalke fecking do.

It’s just Hipster snobbery.

If it’s United related you’ll hear all about it. If it’s not it’s of equal relevance/irrelevance.

Last edited:

joedirt87

What is with these clubs recently setting a fee and then just letting the player choose? I'm sure Birmingham could have got £5m more out of Utd so why not make Dortmund pay that fee if that's where Bellingham chooses to go? Similar thing with Ajax saying to De Ligt, De Jong, and Ziyech that you can leave for 'X' fee. What happened to being sold to the highest bidder?
i would imagine they stand to make more from the sell on clause of Bellingham if he becomes a star at Dortmund compared to say taking 4-5 million more pounds initially from a club like United. If he is the real deal, it becomes a question of when do they sell, not if. If United or any of the big English clubs were to get him it would be the type of player they would look to keep for a long time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Does this mean the season won't start until mid October at the earliest?
This is what I'd like to know as well, I assumed they'd want to start the new season as soon as the UCL/EL is wrapped up (so late August/early September) so I really don't want potentially 6 weeks + of the season to run whilst the transfer window is still open.

Can you imagine if we haven't signed Sancho by then and the hysteria after every dropped point?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Does this mean the season won't start until mid October at the earliest?
Next season is due to start in September I think. Before the pandemic, the Premier League was going to make it so the summer transfer window ends at the same time as rest of Europe which would have been after the next season started.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Next season is due to start in September I think. Before the pandemic, the Premier League was going to make it so the summer transfer window ends at the same time as rest of Europe which would have been after the next season started.
Do you have any links to this as I haven't been able to find anything. I have a project that needs to be completed before the season starts so want to know how much time I have. Any links would be great.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Status
Not open for further replies.