Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
that's also my thought process. If we really go for him and Grealish wants to come here then deal could be done for around 50m+add ons of about 10-15m.
Yeah I think that would be a fair compromise. But understandably Villa will want as much as they can get

MichaelRed

I think he’s not an Ole type of player. He doesn’t want purely a destroyer from what i read. Which i have no idea of because i have not seen the lad play at all. He likes a DM who is good and composed on the ball too like a Carrick or Matic
Partey isn't a DM.

Dazzmondo

He's not a DM that just sits infront of the defence, he's more box to box than that. If you put him with Pogba and Bruno you'd get exposed.
Tbf, you could probably play Partey as a dm. The reason he gets forward more for Atletico is because he can offer so much more going forward. His positioning and tackling are excellent though, I don't think he'd have any problem adapting to Matic's role if we actually wanted him to. Just a question of whether it would be a waste bringing him in to perform a role which probably doesn't make the best use of his abilities, especially considering the costs to get him would probably be high.

MichaelRed

Tbf, you could probably play Partey as a dm. The reason he gets forward more for Atletico is because he can offer so much more going forward. His positioning and tackling are excellent though, I don't think he'd have any problem adapting to Matic's role if we actually wanted him to. Just a question of whether it would be a waste bringing him in to perform a role which probably doesn't make the best use of his abilities, especially considering the costs to get him would probably be high.
100% it's a waste of his abilities. He's one of the best midfielders there is at dribbling past players, completes over 86% of his take-ons & he actually attempts more take-ons per 90 than he makes tackles and interceptions. He might be able to sit and hold but that's more of a guess than anything and the last thing we want to do is bring him in and find out that actually he can't. Fred has excellent defensive stats like Partey but when asked to just sit and defend he's pretty poor at it in a positional sense.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You surely do not believe any of the fanta-cash rumors coming with the Juve name attached, do you? Swaps for accounting reasons and inferior salary is the only way forward this year (just like Arthur for Pjanic with Barca)... so think of Costa, Ramsey, Sandro, Bernardeschi as international dangling chips waiting for suitors... or fools. :D

E-mal

100% it's a waste of his abilities. He's one of the best midfielders there is at dribbling past players, completes over 86% of his take-ons & he actually attempts more take-ons per 90 than he makes tackles and interceptions. He might be able to sit and hold but that's more of a guess than anything and the last thing we want to do is bring him in and find out that actually he can't. Fred has excellent defensive stats like Partey but when asked to just sit and defend he's pretty poor at it in a positional sense.
I am sorry, you haven't watched much of ATM this season. He has played as DM in all matches. Go back and watch their games.

Jack-C20

I feel like some on here read stat websites and base their opinions on players from that and less on you know actually watching them play a game of football.
Most definitely. I myself prefer to judge a player based on some random clip I see of a goal they scored that appeared on my Facebook. Much more reliable.

In all seriousness I don’t watch nearly as much football as I used too. The positive being that I can get excited by basically every signing as they’re all an unknown quantity to me :D

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I feel like some on here read stat websites and base their opinions on players from that and less on you know actually watching them play a game of football.
I think people see the stats as unbiased. Which they are to a degree, but they end up comparing players stats who don't play in similiar roles and systems.

Alemar

I am sorry, you haven't watched much of ATM this season. He has played as DM in all matches. Go back and watch their games.
I watched 2 or 3 their matches this season. What I FELT was that Partey played DM. Could I be wrong - sure could. But when I watch Man Utd I usually understand quite well what role this or that player plays, so...

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Providing they go for it mate. United love to haggle over prices too but we always end up paying whatever the selling club initially demanded.
Well that's because everyone in the world knows you always have the money. Now we're rumoured to prepare a third bid money only that will probably be around 35/40m + bonuses.
Both parties seem set on the move, it's about how low we can get him for. I'm certain nothing will happen before at least next week.

MichaelRed

You must be joking? He doesn't play as a holding midfielder. He plays box-to-box. What is your counterargument based on?

MichaelRed

He was the deepest of Saul and Koke, perhaps you check hit maps.
So, you don't watch Atlético yourself but tell me I'm wrong about his playstyle and say it's because I don't watch them?
I've watched them in 4 CL games this season, 2 vs Liverpool and 2 vs Juve. I watched him in the Supercopa final vs Madrid & I've seen him in 4 league games this season & you've guessed it, it was the 2 vs Madrid and 2 vs Barcelona. 9 games in total which I'd wager is more than you've watched him this season. He is not just a holding midfielder, he is box-to-box, he builds up the attacks and dribbles past players on a regular basis. He doesn't sit, at all.

Atlético started with 2 DMs in all the games I've watched this season & whenever they want to go for a goal late on they take him off for an attacker and leave on the other DM because the other DM is usually better suited to playing on their own and sitting. If Partey was able to just sit and hold that DM spot whilst others attack, i.e Pogba & Bruno, then they'd keep him on instead. He wouldn't suit our system. He's a great player but he can't play with Pogba and Bruno as a 3.

E-mal

So, you don't watch Atlético yourself but tell me I'm wrong about his playstyle and say it's because I don't watch them?
I've watched them in 4 CL games this season, 2 vs Liverpool and 2 vs Juve. I watched him in the Supercopa final vs Madrid & I've seen him in 4 league games this season & you've guessed it, it was the 2 vs Madrid and 2 vs Barcelona. 9 games in total which I'd wager is more than you've watched him this season. He is not just a holding midfielder, he is box-to-box, he builds up the attacks and dribbles past players on a regular basis. He doesn't sit, at all.

Atlético started with 2 DMs in all the games I've watched this season & whenever they want to go for a goal late on they take him off for an attacker and leave on the other DM because the other DM is usually better suited to playing on their own and sitting. If Partey was able to just sit and hold that DM spot whilst others attack, i.e Pogba & Bruno, then they'd keep him on instead. He wouldn't suit our system. He's a great player but he can't play with Pogba and Bruno as a 3.
Alright mate, since you have a drone over my head knowing what I get to watch or not then by all means youre right. Basically everyone is telling you he is a defensive midfielder but you seek to differ.
This is his highlight real agaisnt Madrid this season, he is occupying same position as Matic.
No one is saying he cant play more advanced, but this season he has played mostly as a CDM.
If you think otherwise, thats your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Cantonagotmehere

If Smalling was put in a mid table side or a team towards the bottom of the Prem and asked to just purely defend and clear the ball, he'd be among the best player for any of those clubs.

There should be a scramble for him from any side at that level that don't try to play from the back. Imo.
good point

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Exactly what we need from our DM when we get pressed. I actually don't think its a waste of his abilities to play him there, but its true haven't seen much of him just holding alone.
The dribbling and take ons though is something we should be looking for in a DM as well as the forward passes through the lines which Partey is very good at

MichaelRed

Alright mate, since you have a drone over my head knowing what I get to watch or not then by all means youre right. Basically everyone is telling you he is a defensive midfielder but you seek to differ.
This is his highlight real agaisnt Madrid this season, he is occupying same position as Matic.
No one is saying he cant play more advanced, but this season he has played mostly as a CDM.
Legit? A 2 minute video of him passing? I'm losing my energy with you, you don't actually take in anything I'm saying. I've already said he can play just fine in a 2, as he does in every damn game, but he doesn't play as a lone, sitting, defensive midfielder. He doesn't have the defensive positioning for this role - I don't care if he can play a forward pass for 2 minutes on Youtube. I'll say it again, for the last freaking time, Fred can play well as a CDM if he's part of a 2 as we saw with Fred being one of our best players in the first half of the season playing in a 2 with McTominay. You can get away with lacking positional sense if there's 2 of you covering the ground but when you're playing with just 1 holding midfielder then you need someone that will sit and read the game like Matic. Look how awful Fred and McTominay have looked when we've used them in that lone DM role. If we want to play Pogba and Bruno together then we can't play 2 DMs so we need a DM that can play the role by himself, which isn't Partey. Please stop telling yourself that just because he can play as a 2 that he'll be able to do it on his own because by that logic Fred and McTominay should be good on their own but they're just not.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Legit? A 2 minute video of him passing? I'm losing my energy with you, you don't actually take in anything I'm saying. I've already said he can play just fine in a 2, as he does in every damn game, but he doesn't play as a lone, sitting, defensive midfielder. He doesn't have the defensive positioning for this role - I don't care if he can play a forward pass for 2 minutes on Youtube. I'll say it again, for the last freaking time, Fred can play well as a CDM if he's part of a 2 as we saw with Fred being one of our best players in the first half of the season playing in a 2 with McTominay. You can get away with lacking positional sense if there's 2 of you covering the ground but when you're playing with just 1 holding midfielder then you need someone that will sit and read the game like Matic. Look how awful Fred and McTominay have looked when we've used them in that lone DM role. If we want to play Pogba and Bruno together then we can't play 2 DMs so we need a DM that can play the role by himself, which isn't Partey. Please stop telling yourself that just because he can play as a 2 that he'll be able to do it on his own because by that logic Fred and McTominay should be good on their own but they're just not.
Got to admit, in that video he does not look like a DM or CDM. It’s 2 minutes that could have been Pogba against any of the last 3 teams we played in the PL.
Whatever it was, it wasn’t a Matic or Makele. He always looks quality whenever I’ve seen him though

Anustart89

Haven’t watched him at all but his vision for that pass between the lines looks juicy as feck. Him to Bruno on the half-turn would be :drool:

E-mal

Take it easy mate, enjoy the discussion although I'd rather is not in the transfer forum honestly.
We have basically played with a two since the restart.
Matic hasn't played as the lone, in fact it's been Pogba and Matic in a two and Bruno has mostly played as a second striker in my opinion.

Whatever your opinion of him( Partey) I think he is a far superior player to Fred and will be a great addition to the team.
Have a good day.

jesperjaap

Haha so so true, often get stats thrown at me as arguments on here. For me almost any single player you can make look good with certain stats they have over the season and half these stats are meaningless to me like "how many tackles so and so makes on average per game"....what kind of stat is that when you think about it.

jesperjaap

If Smalling was put in a mid table side or a team towards the bottom of the Prem and asked to just purely defend and clear the ball, he'd be among the best player for any of those clubs.

There should be a scramble for him from any side at that level that don't try to play from the back. Imo.
Exactly. I hear lots of fans saying just take what we can get for most of our rumoured to be leaving players and then we shouldnt go anywhere near player so and so for that price we are rumoured to be trying to buy.

Find it mad as if half of our fans are still looking at transfer market valuations from over a decade ago, lots like:

Jones - NO way we will get a transfer fee at all for him, not sure anybody would take him on a free - He is a 27year old England international ffs

Sanchez - NO way we will get any fee for him with his contract - We got him free in a swap, part of the reason of the huge contract, he has been awful for us but has been one of the top wingers in the world for over a decade and was the best player in the premiership only a couple of years or so ago

Smalling - Roma cant afford him we shhould take what we can get - Even though he is 30, sure there are a fair few premiership sides would pay the fee we are asking from Roma

Jess Lingard - We wont get anywhere near £20m for him - a 27year old England international

Dalot - People seem to think we wont get anywhere near £20m for - highly regarded youngster throughout Europe

Perreira - Another one people seem to think we would be lucky to get above £5m for

Bailly - NO point selling some seem to think as we wont get over £20m for him

Now I know there has been poor form an dinjury problems with a few of these and some large contracts (which is the one problem), but I would say this. If people think they are only worth £70m, tell me which seven players we can sign to replace them as you would barely be able to do signing quality championship players

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The poster isn't entirely wrong. He's more of a box to box. Or you could say the more defensive version of box to box. Kante's role at Leicester was a good example to describe the similarity.

This is where people just don't understand that just because you are box to box doesn't mean you can't be converted to DM or the holding midfield role or can't play there. Roy Keane & Fletcher are good example of it.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Isn’t mirror banned on here?

Regardless of this news being legit, I just don’t rate or trust Mirror at all.
Exactly. I hear lots of fans saying just take what we can get for most of our rumoured to be leaving players and then we shouldnt go anywhere near player so and so for that price we are rumoured to be trying to buy.

Find it mad as if half of our fans are still looking at transfer market valuations from over a decade ago, lots like:

Jones - NO way we will get a transfer fee at all for him, not sure anybody would take him on a free - He is a 27year old England international ffs

Sanchez - NO way we will get any fee for him with his contract - We got him free in a swap, part of the reason of the huge contract, he has been awful for us but has been one of the top wingers in the world for over a decade and was the best player in the premiership only a couple of years or so ago

Smalling - Roma cant afford him we shhould take what we can get - Even though he is 30, sure there are a fair few premiership sides would pay the fee we are asking from Roma

Jess Lingard - We wont get anywhere near £20m for him - a 27year old England international

Dalot - People seem to think we wont get anywhere near £20m for - highly regarded youngster throughout Europe

Perreira - Another one people seem to think we would be lucky to get above £5m for

Bailly - NO point selling some seem to think as we wont get over £20m for him

Now I know there has been poor form an dinjury problems with a few of these and some large contracts (which is the one problem), but I would say this. If people think they are only worth £70m, tell me which seven players we can sign to replace them as you would barely be able to do signing quality championship players
Great post

Kamprad

Would be nice with someone replacing Matic who can play with one or two touch at least sometimes.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Sassuolo have started negotiations with Barcelona B over their 20-year-old midfielder Monchu. Fiorentina are also eyeing him, but Sassuolo are the first to take action.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Rodriguez threw a spanner in Milan's negotiations for Miranchuk by turning Lokomotiv Moscow down.
  • Lucas Biglia attracts interest from Real Betis, Celta Vigo, and two Qatari clubs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Interesting. The last statement in the 2nd tweet reads like Coman is looking likely to stay at Bayern (the 4th winger will replace Perisic). This also means that Davies will be a permanent left back for Bayern.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Kia Joorabchian on his clients Willian and Coutinho's futures:

Willian quotes:
“I don’t think he’s done a U-turn or any kind of turn,” said Joorabchain when asked about his client’s future. “He’s always been very much the same mode."
“We had two very big offers – one from MLS which required him to move on July 1 – but he’s always been in the same mode, saying, ‘I want to finish the season at Chelsea and the day after the season has finished I will make my decision’."
“He has two concrete offers from Premier League clubs on the table, he has an MLS offer on the table which is very big, and he’s got two other offers in Europe."
“So Willian is in a very good position and he is going to make his decision after the last game of the season.”
Coutinho quotes:
“Because the Champions League is going to run all the way until August 23, I think it will be difficult for players like Coutinho to make any commitment or move until that date."
“He has the Champions League at the moment and they have to qualify for the next round [against Chelsea], and then he could play Barcelona, believe it or not."
“After the Champions League, it’s not been a secret that he wants to come back to the Premier League if he can; he loves playing in the Premier League and is adored in the Premier League."
“It is one of his priorities… but he is also not against staying at Barcelona, so it is very much open."
“There is much genuine interest in Philippe,” finished Joorabchian, “because he is a great player and a big success. There is always interest.”

Highfather_24

This is where people just don't understand that just because you are box to box doesn't mean you can't be converted to DM or the holding midfield role or can't play there. Roy Keane & Fletcher are good example of it.
Then why not develop McTominay in that role, who has shown a lot of promise, and is already at the club?

Highfather_24

He has shown a lot of promise to be a decent backup player, not a first team one.
True he should be the backup to Matic for now, and Fred a backup to Pogba. We also have young Garner, who I think should go on a loan. I dont think we need CMs this season, and again look at it next season with Matic being a year older.

Status
Not open for further replies.