Status
Not open for further replies.

Moiraine

1 year left for Hazard : 125 Million
2+1 years left for Pogba: 250 Million should be the price tag

Or Madrid can feck off

Adnan

Talent Spotter

He then tags a Arsenal twitter account after making the tweet which doesn't sit well with me.

Dr. StrangeHate

Why do people care about fees? I don't give two shits just sign people.
United have a limited budget. If we spend £60 million of it to get AWB, that means less money for players like De ligt, Felix or a new striker. If United had an unlimited budget no one would care.

AFC NimbleThumb

Indifferent to this.
In all fairness, if we get Fernandes, Rabiot and VD Beek (I know rumours just surfaced) for a combined £140/150 and flog Pogba for as much, I'd be really happy.
What you’ve said would be a no brainier but I just don’t see the club getting £100+mil for Pogba & investing what they receive on top of what we should already be spending.

Selling Pogba & getting 3 ‘promising’ midfielders is an ideal - this club is barely capable of acceptable.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Indifferent to this.
In all fairness, if we get Fernandes, Rabiot and VD Beek (I know rumours just surfaced) for a combined £140/150 and flog Pogba for as much, I'd be really happy.
If we pay 140 million pounds on these 3 players then we should just fire the entire recruitment team. Rabiot is a free transfer and rumours that Bruno Fernandes is available for 60 million pounds. So we are talking about 80 million pounds for other player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we pay 140 million pounds on these 3 players then we should just fire the entire recruitment team. Rabiot is a free transfer and rumours that Bruno Fernandes is available for 60 million pounds. So we are talking about 80 million pounds for other player.
Van de Beek for £80m would be a bigger transfer than Frenkie de Jong and De Ligt. Poor Ed would be getting abused by all and sundry in the meantime..:lol:

Kapardin

Really don't care, if we save money, it goes to the Glazers anyway.

The only thing we should be cautious about is the wage structure. We should never give players more than 300K a week from now on. Otherwise, it becomes difficult to offload them if required. I don't care if we spend 200 million as the buying price though.

Sanche7

The only thing we should be cautious about is the wage structure. We should never give players more than 300K a week from now on. Otherwise, it becomes difficult to offload them if required. I don't care if we spend 200 million as the buying price though.
It's not about saving money, we need quality additions not OK players bought for ridiculous sums. Also we are very poor at selling and if AWB or Maguire happens to flop, I can assure we, we won't get back 50% of what we invested.

roonster09

Scout

This has nothing to do with saving money, it's replacing Pogba with inferior players for insane price.

Pavl3n

Well, my bad. I didn't really much thought in how much would VD Beek cost. But my general thought was to get those 3 and then sell Pogba for whatever their combined cost is. If it's 100 or 120, as long as we break even.
But if we are to sell Pogba, we have to make sure we bring replacements before he leaves. Otherwise we'll end up like Barca, spending ridiculous money for 2 players, just because other clubs know we've received a massive transfer fee.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Yes, fits our “youth, energy, success” or whatever bullshit slogan we’re touting.
I’m not saying we are interested in Rakitic, nor do I necessarily want him here, but for all we know that slogan was unique to the James signing. Perhaps all of our transfers will have a different slogan?

I’m sure the majority of our transfer business will be young British players, but that’s not to say we won’t sign an experienced player if the opportunity arises.

roonster09

Scout
Well, my bad. I didn't really much thought in how much would VD Beek cost. But my general thought was to get those 3 and then sell Pogba for whatever their combined cost is. If it's 100 or 120, as long as we break even.
But if we are to sell Pogba, we have to make sure we bring replacements before he leaves. Otherwise we'll end up like Barca, spending ridiculous money for 2 players, just because other clubs know we've received a massive transfer fee.
We can do much better than that. Just retain Pogba, sign Fernandez and rabiot for a combined fee of 60 million, we will have better team and depth.

On the overall point I agree. If we sell Pogba then we should sign replacements before.

Kapardin

I want to see concrete interest in a RW, I hope we aren't planning to count on Dan James or (ugh) Lingard again playing there.

FromTheBench

Even if not a rw we need a top class attacker somewhere with consistent output.

Not sure who's available though except maybe Griezzman? Even Sancho is a more longer term prospect though exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.