Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

Must say I've only seen Cellabos in a game or two for Madrid and he looked bang average. Personally I've not seen any highlights etc to understand the hype around this player. We should have signed Tielemans and missing out was an even bigger disgrace than not even tabling an offer for Ndombele.
We love overhyped bang average players so he would fit perfectly then.

Teja

Burnley having the most Burnley-like transfer window ever.

How long until even their fans get bored and it reaches a point with Dyche similar to what happened with Pulis at Stoke?
Is stability really such a bad thing? Finish midtable consistently, play some decent football, don't hemorrhage money, don't get relegated but don't really threaten the top 7 or so either, not bad at all for a club I'd say.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Is stability really such a bad thing? Finish midtable consistently, play some decent football, don't hemorrhage money, don't get relegated but don't really threaten the top 7 or so either, not bad at all for a club I'd say.
Oh don't get me wrong, it's an ideal scenario for a club but we've seen examples like Charlton, Blackburn (under Allardyce) and Stoke where eventually the "oh it's amazing just being in the PL" gloss begins to thin out among fans and they start demanding more ambition or to be entertained.

Gasolin

The word is that we do want to get rid of him though. Which obviously weakens our negotiation position.
Only Madrid is saying that, United stance is clear and it is that if you don't have the money, you stay. I'm sure that will end up with a new contract at some point so that Raiola can say "I've done my job".

Gordon S

I think he is bang average myself, think I am in the minority here but I would happily sell him if we were in for good defenders
We have two decent cb’s that can stay fit for more than 5 minutes, and you would be happy to sell one of them?

roseguy64

I say play him. If he's not good enough now, will he ever be? I like him as a player, give the lad a chance.
Yes if he's not good enough now he can still become good enough. He's only had 1 full season of professional football. Harry Kane had multiple loans before he broke through at Spurs.

United_We_Stand

Tottenham are the "best placed" to sign Dani Olmo.

Alasdair Gold said yesterday "Spurs have no interest in Olmo"

reddevil702

While I'm a little underwhelmed with the players that we're linked with, two windows come to mind. Pogba and schweinsteiger's, both seemed to be perfect at the time and addressed so many needs. Not so much the case or feeling anymore. So on a positive note, United are at least trying something different and hopefully relying on our scouting network.

Sea-Cow

I have seen him play for Real Madrid only. And according to what I have seen and for me he is not. I would prefer Fred every day over him.
The player I saw in the U-21s this summer is on a different planet to Fred.

I almost hope Ceballos goes to Spurs now just so they can shit all over our midfield and prove a point to Ed and the Caf.

AJ10

I almost hope Ceballos goes to Spurs now just so they can shit all over our midfield and prove a point to Ed and the Caf.
:lol: Fans now days.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Just shows how we don't plan ahead of time. Pogba always seemed to leave and yet, we wait to sign his replacement. There is nothing wrong is signing a kid someone one year ahead of time and give him the time to adjust.

VanGaalyTime

While I'm a little underwhelmed with the players that we're linked with, two windows come to mind. Pogba and schweinsteiger's, both seemed to be perfect at the time and addressed so many needs. Not so much the case or feeling anymore. So on a positive note, United are at least trying something different and hopefully relying on our scouting network.
Yeah I don't actually mind if we buy multiple low cost options as long as they fit the team. And as long as the club doesn't make a profit on this transfer window. We had 250m to spend according to reports in May. So with the Pogba and Lukaku sales, we should be spending about 450m. As long as we spend close to that number we should be just fine.

Kearnkoff69

Weird thing to hope for your team.

KennyBurner

imagine comparing the performances of a player in the u21 side to an actual player in the league. We fans can be so unfortunate. Hope this ceballos stays far away from United.

Lemansky

Yeah. Top, top supporter you are. Incredible how guys like you are allowed out of the newbie section.

Krisbijoy

So Ceballos is currently an over hyped player who is no better than Fred. The same Ceballos who everyone was raving about when the Spurs loan move news came about ?

Sea-Cow

imagine comparing the performances of a player in the u21 side to an actual player in the league. We fans can be so unfortunate. Hope this ceballos stays far away from United.
Haha yeah, "imagine" it. Who would ever evaluate a player's performance in the U-21 Euros. Only premier league games, preferably when its cold and windy and away at Stoke, can count when evaluating footballers.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So Ceballos is currently an over hyped player who is no better than Fred. The same Ceballos who everyone was raving about when the Spurs loan move news came about ?
cause fred was never hyped up when we were buying him....

Beaucoup

Whats the point of trying to build a team around a player that doesn't want to be here, if he does stay he's only going to want to feck off again next season. Sounds like a bunch of crap. Has Ballbag ever called anything right, ever?

Nick7

Haha yeah, "imagine" it. Who would ever evaluate a player's performance in the U-21 Euros. Only premier league games, preferably when its cold and windy and away at Stoke, can count when evaluating footballers.
Bollocks. Evaluating a player in an international tournament is always terrible. Look at Golovin, who half of this forum was falling over last year, he's struggling in France now. International tournaments are always terrible places to evaluate players, your Stoke shit is pure bollocks.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Bollocks. Evaluating a player in an international tournament is always terrible. Look at Golovin, who half of this forum was falling over last year, he's struggling in France now. International tournaments are always terrible places to evaluate players, your Stoke shit is pure bollocks.
Also I don't think we want players who are currently playing against Stoke.

Giggsyking

What a strange way to make a point!

Status
Not open for further replies.