Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckred64

I imagine if he had reduced his salary demands considerably he would have had a number of offers to still play in a top league. Nobody was going to match the money he is on other than the Chinese, so if he is more interested in his bank balance than playing top football, than so be it.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I imagine if he had reduced his salary demands considerably he would have had a number of offers to still play in a top league. Nobody was going to match the money he is on other than the Chinese, so if he is more interested in his bank balance than playing top football, than so be it.
Totally agree, if that's his thinking then sod him no wonder there's not a single other top team in for him.

lsd

The Oracle
Bale going to China would be such a sad sight.

Not as sad as his hair do I mean seriously just go bald and be done with it .

Real have made it clear for ages now Bale wasn't wanted but he was happy to sit on the bench earning obscene money while turning down good offers to play for top clubs .

I'm sure he thought if he ever did decide playing was more important then he would have his pick of all the big clubs in Europe.

Quite satisfying if that's not the case now and all those clubs have grown tired of his arrogance

ReallyUSA

Not as sad as his hair do I mean seriously just go bald and be done with it .

Real have made it clear for ages now Bale wasn't wanted but he was happy to sit on the bench earning obscene money while turning down good offers to play for top clubs .

I'm sure he thought if he ever did decide playing was more important then he would have his pick of all the big clubs in Europe.

Quite satisfying if that's not the case now and all those clubs have grown tired of his arrogance
Thank you. Mou was basically pleading with him to come last summer. He had his shot, enjoyed to earn a huge wage while isolating himself, and now he gets to do the same for even more money.

AFC NimbleThumb

Feels like he’s cutting his nose off to spite his face if he ends up in China.

He could still be a useful player but transfers a’la Alexis Sanchez mean he won’t be getting paid £3/4/500k per week anymore.

I’d actually side with him sitting in the stands until Real buck up their ideas & lower their demands over him going to China.

Both he & the club would need to lower their demands if he wanted to play at the top level still which seems to not be an option.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
How much does Ronaldo get paid by Juve now? 600k for Bale is insanity, there will be no takers.

And We have our very own in Sanchez.

Classical Mechanic

Harry maguire at 80 million is a worse deal than Mangela at 32 million
Really? Mangala was a world record fee at the time and has proven to be a very poor player and have a poor attitude. Maguire may be a world record too but he's a better player and there are no questions over his application and professionalism.

For him to be worse than Mangala he'd have to play really really badly for us for a couple of seasons and then end up on loan for the rest of his contract at our expense, before leaving on a free.

Mangala is 28 and looks to be heading to play in Belgium. For a world record transfer he's been a flop of the highest order.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Lots of golf courses there.

I am willing to bet that within six months there will be rumblings from the Chinese club that he wants to return back to the UK and play for Wrexham. Meanwhile, he is keeping busy by playing golf till a deal is struck.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Lots of golf courses there.

I am willing to bet that within six months there will be rumblings from the Chinese club that he wants to return back to the UK and play for Wrexham. Meanwhile, he is keeping busy by playing golf till a deal is struck.
Wrexham or Shanghai? Tough call!

mancan92

to be honest this is embarrassing for bale if thats what happens and makes him seem like some sort of money whore. Lad has maybe 5 good years left in football why not lower your wages to something actually reasonable then give it one more go and then go china.

redshaw

to be honest this is embarrassing for bale if thats what happens and makes him seem like some sort of money whore. Lad has maybe 5 good years left in football why not lower your wages to something actually reasonable then give it one more go and then go china.
Maybe he's been spending a lot of money on the basis of what's left on his contract or he and his wife have big plans like opening up a golf course or buying one.

I think all he cares about is staying match fit for Wales and getting the money he's owed.

OoopsMisclick

I don't get why Bale should lower his demands and go work for less money then he is currently on.
People seem to forget that this is a job. He doesn't do this as a hobby.

If i had a contract for 2 more years at my current employer, that was double of what someone else would offer me, I'd also ride out my contract.
They can always terminate my contract early if they no longer want me. I'd be ok with that since they'd have to pay me massive money as severance.

I totally get Bale's position. Real wants him out but also wants to rake in a transfer-sum (80m€ was reported??) and doesn't want to subsidise any of his wages.
Plus they are treating him like garbage. I'd also take them to the cleaners.

swred

He's won everything in Spain, nobody else appears to want to pay the money for him.
He's setting himself & his family up for life taking a potential cool million a week.

M4YON

Why on earth would we be in for Bale after having had our fingers burnt with both Rooney and Sanchez?
We aren't, if you watch it he states the Bale update is to do with him moving to Shanghai in China and whilst they are willing to pay his ridiculous salary they will require Madrid to be kind with the transfer fee they want for him.

Also in other great news City are being crucified by press in China for being rude, disrespectful and arrogant during their stay in China.

Dex_Utd

I don't get why Bale should lower his demands and go work for less money then he is currently on.
People seem to forget that this is a job. He doesn't do this as a hobby.

If i had a contract for 2 more years at my current employer, that was double of what someone else would offer me, I'd also ride out my contract.
They can always terminate my contract early if they no longer want me. I'd be ok with that since they'd have to pay me massive money as severance.

I totally get Bale's position. Real wants him out but also wants to rake in a transfer-sum (80m€ was reported??) and doesn't want to subsidise any of his wages.
Plus they are treating him like garbage. I'd also take them to the cleaners.
I agree though part of the blame lies with Bale too. Let's say if there were no constraints a club like us would be willing to pay a transfer fee of £40M and weekly wage around £200k, for a 3 year contract for him. That's a total outlay of £70M. Madrid are currently paying him £600K a week. If Madrid agree to sell him for a reasonable £10M and he lowers his wage demand to about £500k (for being able to play for a top club in Europe) that requires a total outlay of about £85M. So its not very far from our reasonable assessment of a total outlay of £70M and I am sure there's room to negotiate here (with some performance related clauses etc.) for everyone to be able to agree on a deal. I am not saying we should buy him (I haven't seem him enough personally and injuries are always a concern) but if not us it could be any other interested club in Europe, and £70M for 3 years is not an unreasonable investment for a bet on him.

The reason he may be going to China is also because he doesn't want to compromise on his salary at all while any decent deal for him to continue to play in Europe will need him to make some sacrifice too (but not 50%)

OoopsMisclick

I agree though part of the blame lies with Bale too. Let's say if there were no constraints a club like us would be willing to pay a transfer fee of £40M and weekly wage around £200k, for a 3 year contract for him. That's a total outlay of £70M. Madrid are currently paying him £600K a week. If Madrid agree to sell him for a reasonable £10M and he lowers his wage demand to about £500k (for being able to play for a top club in Europe) that requires a total outlay of about £85M. So its not very far from our reasonable assessment of a total outlay of £70M and I am sure there's room to negotiate here (with some performance related clauses etc.) for everyone to be able to agree on a deal. I am not saying we should buy him (I haven't seem him enough personally and injuries are always a concern) but if not us it could be any other interested club in Europe, and £70M for 3 years is not an unreasonable investment for a bet on him.

The reason he may be going to China is also because he doesn't want to compromise on his salary at all while any decent deal for him to continue to play in Europe will need him to make some sacrifice too (but not 50%)
You are looking at this from a football perspective at not from a job-perspective. I know different rules apply in football but this is a specific case.

If Real would drop the transfer fee and Bale has a reasonable offer that is in the area of what he earns now, maybe he'd consider it.
Otherwise, i'd take the money from Real, see out my contract and go play for a lot less somewhere else but still get that sweet sign-on bonus.

I'll ask you this, would you work 1-2 year extra at another employer to earn the same amount of money that you'd earn at your current employer (who, btw, treated you like trash)?

Furthermore, i'm surprised by Real's attitude.
Don't underestimate the power of negativity. Bale can created a negative atmosphere in the locker room that makes life miserable for all.

EDIT: i'll stop here now. Transfer thread and all that :)
I'm open for further discussions through PM!

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Celtic not about to take them kinda risks :lol:
Because it’s a huge risk. Arsenal will not make CL for a while now I feel. Especially with all the top clubs constantly trying to improve their squads. Arsenal always dilly dally as they choose not to spend money.

Judas

Open to offers
Great signing from Spurs if they pull it off, find it a bit weird no one else has been linked with him, seems laughable teams would be short sighted enough to have been put off by last seasons performances.

Muller1991

RM made a rod for their own backs. Wtf were they thinking agreeing such a contract with Bale?
I'd imagine at the time when they offered him the contract they assumed he would crack on and become one of the worlds top 5 players possibly becoming a Ballon D'or winner. Last Years CL Final would of led me to believe he would have a great season with no Ronaldo there.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Does anyone feel that there's a tacit agreement between the clubs that they won't chase each others targets? I haven't seen a single instance of two clubs going for the same player this entire summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.