Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What has Ole done to be trusted with that? You’re literally hanging the whole future on the club on a super sub player who’s done nothing as manager yet? I love Ole but he can’t be trusted with an entire rebuild on his own.
Because you can already see what he's actually trying to achieve on the pitch and how we're going to try and play. It's blatantly obvious after the pre-season how differently we are going to play this year. The same could not be said for any of our previous 4 managers. He deserves the benefit of the doubt for just having some semblance of a fecking plan on how he wants us to play. He's also gone out and got player that actually complement that style and will make us a better team. I don't know what more you want from him at this point in time.

There is far too much negativity on here. Everyone is basically writing us off as finishing 6th place because we haven't spent 300 million on 10 players.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think this season will be the one for him where he show's everyone what he's capable of now he seems to have put his injury behind him.
We’re all fans of United here so I pray this statement is true.

Would love to eat my words in this instance.

Berbaclass

Lets see, as there is nothing to suggest anything will be different this time, most fans are dubious about Ole, so he really should have been backed properly so we know where we are with him.
Totally disagree, I think it's right there in front of you what is different. I'm taking about on field too, things he can actually influence and control.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
If they end up with Zaha as well then it'll go from a good to a great window for them.
Remains to be seen.. I remember everyone thinking they looked good when Koeman made all those signings in summers of 2016 and 2017 just after Moshiri started spending the money. Only Gueye, Pickford, was their decent signings from both them summers I'd say. Williams, Bolasie, Scheinderlin, Klassen, Keane, Ramirez, Martina, Siggurdsson a lot of random and expensive shite. I have no doubt Zaha will improve them though,

peridigm

Predictions for Transfer Deadline Day tomorrow?

I have a feeling we'll sneak the Bruno deal through with funds from the Lukaku sale.

Yes we can all hope.
My only prediction is this thread will surpass 1000 pages.

IrishRedDevil

Remains to be seen.. I remember everyone thinking they looked good when Koeman made all those signings in summers of 2016 and 2017 just after Moshiri started spending the money. Only Gueye, Pickford, was their decent signings from both them summers I'd say. Williams, Bolasie, Scheinderlin, Klassen, Keane, Ramirez, Martina, Siggurdsson a lot of random and expensive shite. I have no doubt Zaha will improve them though,
Siggurdsson is a good player.

C'est Moi Cantona

Totally disagree, I think it's right there in front of you what is different. I'm taking about on field too, things he can actually influence and control.
Not seeing it, same guy doing the transfers, same guy hiring and firing, he's not going to change, because he is doing what the Glazers want him to.

Ole has no more time than the rest.

Adamsk7

There’s no way we are doing business tomorrow. There would be good links by now. Even with our other last day deals such as Berba, there was stuff beforehand.

wr8_utd

:'(
Yeah I'm accepting we're not doing any business tomorrow. Not a single credible link to anyone today.
It's good that way. It's not like any of the journalists have a clue about who we're interested in anyway.

Berbaclass

Not seeing it, same guy doing the transfers, same guy hiring and firing, he's not going to change, because he is doing what the Glazers want him to.

Ole has no more time than the rest.
You have an agenda. I'm talking about what Ole is doing and you're going off on a tangent about Woodward. Two completely different things.

Woodward can't win with people like you IMO, you all have your mind made up and we either go mad and splurge stupid money on players like Sanchez, or be sensible this window and only buy players that fit into what Ole is trying to do.

We've signed two key players (AWB and Maguire) who go straight into the first team and instantly make us better and have renewed two of our key players contracts (Rashford & DDG). Thats absolutely fine for his first window and something we can look to build on. If we get one more tomorrow then it's a bonus.

wr8_utd

:'(
True, I'll still be refreshing this thread like mad sat in work tomorrow, but I reckon we're done.
I'm not expecting anything either but we could just be desperate and pull something out of the hat. I'd not rule it out yet.

Red00012

I’d put my life savings on that we won’t get Bruno. I don’t think we’ve ever been interested.
Ya I’ve backed it in a bookies that he doesn’t move , no source whatsoever only Portuguese BS.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We are still a CM short unfortunately.

Had we got one I'd have fancied us to make 3rd place this season.

Instead it'll have to be 4th :D

izec

There’s no way we are doing business tomorrow. There would be good links by now. Even with our other last day deals such as Berba, there was stuff beforehand.
Most likely we wont. But something can still happen. A player with a buyout clause doesnt need to be dealt with the club. We could agree terms with him as we speak right now and pay the clause tomorrow, while the media would only know it some time tomorrow. Sometimes transfer happen out of nowhere, but they are not likely or happen often. Now that Lukaku is gone, i have hope. Otherwise, it would be done.

VanGaalyTime

You have an agenda. I'm talking about what Ole is doing and you're going off on a tangent about Woodward. Two completely different things.

Woodward can't win with people like you IMO, you all have your mind made up and we either go mad and splurge stupid money on players like Sanchez, or be sensible this window and only buy players that fit into what Ole is trying to do.

We've signed two key players (AWB and Maguire) who go straight into the first team and instantly make us better and have renewed two of our key players contracts (Rashford & DDG). Thats absolutely fine for his first window and something we can look to build on. If we get one more tomorrow then it's a bonus.
But this means we won't make the top 6 in the Premier League. Manchester United. Not making the top 6. That's not fine by any means. We should be challenging for the league and we can't even make a go at the top four. Last year was the first time in a decade or so I knew that United would not win the league before the season started. This year is the first season I know we won't make the top four.

Sir Red Devil

So, this is going to be the 3rd summer transfer window in a row where we have failed to sell Matteo Darmian. He is going to be an unrestricted free agent next summer and I wouldn't be even surprised if sheriff Woody offers him a new contract with higher wages to make sure he wouldn't leave for free.

2E_MUFC

Because you can already see what he's actually trying to achieve on the pitch and how we're going to try and play. It's blatantly obvious after the pre-season how differently we are going to play this year. The same could not be said for any of our previous 4 managers. He deserves the benefit of the doubt for just having some semblance of a fecking plan on how he wants us to play. He's also gone out and got player that actually complement that style and will make us a better team. I don't know what more you want from him at this point in time.

There is far too much negativity on here. Everyone is basically writing us off as finishing 6th place because we haven't spent 300 million on 10 players.
No one asked for 10 players. A creative midfielder was a must.

mad1max954

Yeah I'm accepting we're not doing any business tomorrow. Not a single credible link to anyone today.
I’d say we are fecked. 4th is our best hope this season. I don’t Think we will do that.

Don’t blame ole come November when we are nowhere. Woodward out!

Berbaclass

But this means we won't make the top 6 in the Premier League. Manchester United. Not making the top 6. That's not fine by any means. We should be challenging for the league and we can't even make a go at the top four. Last year was the first time in a decade or so I knew that United would not win the league before the season started. This year is the first season I know we won't make the top four.
That is simply your opinion and nowhere have I ever said that it would be fine. it's also absolutely laughable. We will finish 4th. Our improved conditioning and newly implemented high press will do very well this year IMO.

Too many people like you writing us off before a ball has been kicked :rolleyes:

VanGaalyTime

That is simply your opinion and nowhere have I ever said that it would be fine. it's also absolutely laughable. We will finish 4th. Our improved conditioning and newly implemented high press will do very well this year IMO.

Too many people like you writing us off before a ball has been kicked :rolleyes:
Which of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Spurs do you think we'll finish above? The only way we get into the top 4 is the other teams experience massive injuries. It's more likely that we're going to finish 6th than top 4 right now. We simply don't have the players to match any of the other top 4 teams and our lack of investment is a leading reason.

Sopicmufc

Let's not forget that the team that finished 3rd in the Scottish Premiership last season (Kilmarnock) have just been knocked out of Europe by an amateur Welsh league team. And they were outplayed over both legs as well. To say spending £25m on an injury prone player from that league is a "bargain" is ridiculous. I live in Scotland and respect the support and atmosphere at the games but the quality of football in the Scottish Premiership is absolutely rancid. Comparable to non league football in England. Shaw would look like an absolute beast if he played for Celtic.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
SAF built his teams from the back, Ole is doing the same, I think we'll make top 4 this year.

We have an actual right back at the club (Rafael was the last one) and we have some great youth that should be introduced this year.

Berbaclass

Which of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Spurs do you think we'll finish above? The only way we get into the top 4 is the other teams experience massive injuries. It's more likely that we're going to finish 6th than top 4 right now. We simply don't have the players to match any of the other top 4 teams and our lack of investment is a leading reason.
We're better than Arsenal and Chelsea. Chelsea have gone backwards from last year and don't have their get out of jail card in Hazard and Arsenal have not really dressed their problems and took a gamble on Pepe.

We have kept our team together and strengthened our defence and implemented our new high press style.

VanGaalyTime

We're better than Arsenal and Chelsea. Chelsea have gone backwards from last year and don't have their get out of jail card in Hazard and Arsenal have not really dressed their problems and took a gamble on Pepe.

We have kept our team together and strengthened our defence and implemented our new high press style.
Chelsea were never part of the conversation. I agree we're probably better than Chelsea right now. But even then it's insane it's even close considering they had a transfer ban. Arsenal I disagree. Pepe is an excellent addition and their attack was already better than ours. They have also signed Cebbalos and Tierney. I think Arsenal are a strong contender for top 4 now and will probably be able to outscore most teams this season. They'll get around 75 points this year.

Last edited:

Smores

No one asked for 10 players. A creative midfielder was a must.
They can't argue without hyperbole. It's obvious to everyone but them what an underwhelming transfer window this is.

I can only surmise they think it's beyond Ole or the club to get in 3 or 4 players who will start in a window. Despite bleating on about how it's the right approach to only get a couple in i bet they change their tune if we sign a couple tomorrow

Berbaclass

Chelsea were never part of the conversation. I agree we're probably better than Chelsea right now. But even then it's insane it's even close considering they had a transfer ban. Arsenal I disagree. Pepe is an excellent addition and their attack was already better than ours. They have also signed Cellabos and Tierney. I think Arsenal are a strong contender for top 4 now and will probably be able to outscore most teams this season. They'll get around 75 points this year.
I'm fully aware that Arsenal have signed Ceballos and Tierney.

Ceballos is not as good as Ramsey and Tierney is questionable whether he'll actually be any good in the PL.

Pepe is an excellent addition based on what? He's had one good season in Ligue 1 and now he's a £70 million pound player! It's a sizeable gamble from them IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.