Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slysi17

Honestly can't believe how many of you are mad about signings, or the lack of whatever the number of signings you wished for.

We got what we needed.

One of the best right backs in the league.

One of the best centerbacks in the league.

A young prospect who just might come through as a right or left wing.

We'll probably see more of our youth players then in the last season.

We kept Pogba.

We're gonna sell what we don't need - aka Lukaku and Rojo.

We have 4 CF you know.

What's with all the doom and gloom?!

You'd think this is not a Utd supporting forum reading all the moaning.. feck, have some faith!
Oh feck sake. You fans annoy me. Stop living in fantasy land. We lost midfielders and Lukuka and yet haven't replaced them. Our midfield and attack is worse. Some fans like myself just accept that we are a badly run club with an average squad. Daniel James as our only forward signing was shambolic.

GioF

We got what we needed at the back and that's it. Stop being a top red and feck up, been a bad window for a team that finished 6th.
Love how you’ve omitted the fact we’ve not strengthened in midfield after losing two key players over the last six months. Oh and also our top goalscorer has just been sold for £70m+ yet we’ve left it so late to get anything decent done.

But yeah your right I’m sure we will tear it up the year. Ole’s at the wheel and all that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What about the youngsters? if we buy we can simple sell or release Greenwood and gomes
As opposed to not having renewed the likes of Mata and let Gomes take his squad place.... sure
Greenwood would be a part of the squad still if we signed a goalscoring RW like we have needed for years. Greenwood is a striker and also shouldn't be relied upon to play 50 games this season

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
No way is Rojo good enough for Everton considering what they're trying to achieve.

I honestly reckon Rojo will just say nah anyway and collect his wage here. Did he not sort of do that before? Just said he wanted to fight for a spot in the first team.

diarm

Why couldn't he leave yesterday or last week? Why leave it until today? We cannot even sell efficiently. All last minute.
I'd imagine because for any side interested in him, he was some way off first choice.

As their targets have fallen away and the deadline approaches, they have settled for making an offer on him.

croadyman

Oh feck sake. You fans annoy me. Stop living in fantasy land. We lost midfielders and Lukuka and yet haven't replaced them. Our midfield and attack is worse. Some fans like myself just accept that we are a badly run club with an average squad. Daniel James as our only forward signing was shambolic.
Love how you’ve omitted the fact we’ve not strengthened in midfield after losing two key players over the last six months. Oh and also our top goalscorer has just been sold for £70m+ yet we’ve left it so late to get anything decent done.

But yeah your right I’m sure we will tear it up the year. Ole’s at the wheel and all that.
Spurs signing potentially signing Dybala while Utd just leave Bruno in Portugal is the final straw for me.

I have finally been broken completely by this ownership and wish they would sell up and leave us alone.

Dr. StrangeHate

If Levy get the Dybala deal over the line with Juve paying a share, Woodward will have been utterly exposed for the 2bit amateur he is. Wish he could stick to his day job and get us a proper DOF to handle the sporting affairs.
Woodward is no amateur, he wanted money for Lukaku to offset what was spent on Maguire. Attempting to sign Dybala and Eriksen was just to put out briefings later that we don't sign players who don't want to be here and it worked.

DickDastardly

We got what we needed at the back and that's it. Stop being a top red and feck up, been a bad window for a team that finished 6th.
It's not about being a top red at all.

We improved our weak spots, by a looong!

Young or Darmian vs AWB? Not even a contest!

Smalling or Jones vs Maguire? Massive upgrade.

Losing Lukaku to playing more Martial or introducing Greenwood? feck, you couldn't find me a match thread without "fecking Lukaku" every other page.

Ok, we did lose Ander, and that i'm pissed about, cos he was a definition of a True red and a nifty player to have

No we didn't. We lost 2 midfielders and didn't replace them. We lost one of our highest goalscorers over the past 2 seasons and didn't replace his goals.
Also Pogba doesn't want to be here, we saw how that worked out last season

We did half the job, we improved the defence, but weakened our midfield and attack.
If the boys man up, and Ole get's the tactics right, we'll have a much stronger team then last year.

And, if you undo the dreads of Mou's bad spells, we would be in the top 4 last year.

So by that rational, we are more than likely to be in the top 4 this season.

vanderpants

I'd just like to congratulate Ed on behalf of the glazers on another great transfer window window of spending a net fee of just £73m, your bonus is in the post.
On a serious note we will struggle with out a proven striker and another quality midfielder. Not a chance of getting anyone in before 4pm today

AJ10

No way is Rojo good enough for Everton considering what they're trying to achieve.

I honestly reckon Rojo will just say nah anyway and collect his wage here. Did he not sort of do that before? Just said he wanted to fight for a spot in the first team.
They bid 30 mil for Iwobi. So there is a possibility of someone stupid in Everton who thinks he's not bad.

Morpheus 7

Ahhh... I never suggested we would. Best reading the post again.

Cassidy

It's not about being a top red at all.

We improved our weak spots, by a looong!

Young or Darmian vs AWB? Not even a contest!

Smalling or Jones vs Maguire? Massive upgrade.

Losing Lukaku to playing more Martial or introducing Greenwood? feck, you couldn't find me a match thread without "fecking Lukaku" every other page.

Ok, we did lose Ander, and that i'm pissed about, cos he was a definition of a True red and a nifty player to have

If the boys man up, and Ole get's the tactics right, we'll have a much stronger team then last year.

And, if you undo the dreads of Mou's bad spells, we would be in the top 4 last year.

So by that rational, we are more than likely to be in the top 4 this season.
We'll have a better defence and a weaker midfield and attack

Sambob

If Spurs get Dybala then I will genuinely be a bit gutted, looked like a great option for us, although obviously he didnt want to come here.

Thats just the way it goes sometimes of course, we need to work hard this season and clearly finishing top four is a priority, I didnt think it would be such a big deal but it looks like, at least with Dybala, its had an impact on our ability to sign top talent. So thats the priority for the season and its a reflection of where we are at the moment.

Kostov

So then I don't understand your response? Woodward's brief was we didn't want to spend all that money on a player who doesn't really want to play for us. Which you seemingly both believe and don't believe at the same time.
What part don't you understand exactly? We briefed we didn't want a player who wouldn't "play for the shirt", asked for an enormous wage, agent fees and what not. Then Spurs comes in and will probably agree on a move, a club that does not pay enormous wages and spends wisely, a club that isn't Real or Barca like previously reported Dybala wanted. There is also Dybala liking Evra's post on Instagram. Of course we can all run along what Woodward wants us to believe.

Godfather

Woodward is no amateur, he wanted money for Lukaku to offset what was spent on Maguire. Attempting to sign Dybala and Eriksen was just to put out briefings later that we don't sign players who don't want to be here and it worked.
This. He did what what the board most likely wanted.

SaboTaj

They're getting Lo Celso on loan.
The Lo Celso deal is independent of what i was trying to prod.

You could argue that Dybala is worth that sum, but not Bruno (commercial value, proven WC player in form, the effect the signing has on the club etc.).
For sure. But I’d still like to know how Spurs bring Dybala on board without disrupting their salary structure. Or do they think it’s finally time to leave it behind, with the new stadium and what not.

I don't think anyone was actually in for Bruno. We've been linked all summer but journos close to us kept saying we weren't interested. After the last time they said that suddenly Spurs were "after him"
We probably were never interested, but i think there could’ve been some moves made by Spurs as they seem determined to sign a player in that mould or for that role rather (read- Lo Celso, Dybala).

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We're not linked with ANYBODY. Strongly suspect we'll have a 'no incomings expected' brief in the next hour.

Kostov

He would have joined us if we had paid the exorbitant fees they're demanding. He's being forced out by Juve against his will - which equates to signing a top earner with questionable motivation.
Can you see Spurs paying exorbitant fees? I can't. Woodward tells they were exorbitant and some of you believe, the same Woodward that gave new contracts to Mata, Jones, Young. The same Woodward that paid 50m for Fred. Yeah he smartened up since he hired Ole. His eyes are open now.

crackers0seven

We wont get to 4 with our squad,too light and not enough quality. Best thing though is next summer with new manager and no CL we will get to experience this all over again because ed will still be main man. I give up with this club, clear as day we need players,every summer is same thing. Bye bye sky sports and bt,rather enjoy my weekends this season.

FromTheBench

We sold Van nistelrooy put saha in his place did better with others stepping up.

We pretty much froze berbatov and put welbeck in his place changed system and did better.

Don't think Lukaku and him being top scorer or whatever is big loss as some are making. Because we are banking on others stepping up as it is and he was out of place in New system.

We could have done with top quality in attack but Lukaku is irrelevant to that. Midfield remains a concern.

JohnZSmith27

We're not linked with ANYBODY. Strongly suspect we'll have a 'no incomings expected' brief in the next hour.
Cooper on Sky said it there a while ago. Very disappointing window for us. Just hope we see plenty of Greenwood and Gomes and some exciting football.

cyberman

What part don't you understand exactly? We briefed we didn't want a player who wouldn't "play for the shirt", asked for an enormous wage, agent fees and what not. Then Spurs comes in and will probably agree on a move, a club that does not pay enormous wages and spends wisely, a club that isn't Real or Barca like previously reported Dybala wanted. There is also Dybala liking Evra's post on Instagram. Of course we can all run along what Woodward wants us to believe.
United are allowed to walk away from a deal.
If Dybala moves to Spurs with Juve paying part of the wages then only adds credence to the story that we walked away because he wasn't fully committed to the club.
Maybe Spurs can take that risk? Maybe full ccommitment doesnt mean that much with the make up of their squad.
United doesn't always have to be the mugs.
It seems as if we've finally learned our lesson in regards to buying names and trying to make it work later. Its something that should be acknowledged quite frankly instead of the cynical bullshit that's pushed forward every time out club makes a move.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We sold Van nistelrooy put saha in his place did better with others stepping up.

We pretty much froze berbatov and put welbeck in his place changed system and did better.

Don't think Lukaku and him being top scorer or whatever is big loss as some are making. Because we are banking on others stepping up as it is and he was out of place in New system.

We could have done with top quality in attack but Lukaku is irrelevant to that. Midfield remains a concern.
Fine in principle, but we majorly need the likes of Rashford and Martial to step up.

They have flattered to deceive for too long

NJM78

Cooper on Sky said it there a while ago. Very disappointing window for us. Just hope we see plenty of Greenwood and Gomes and some exciting football.
If by Greenwood and Gomes you mean Mata and Lingard then yes.

Cassidy

Fine in principle, but we majorly need the likes of Rashford and Martial to step up.

Also who steps up in their place on the wings... or do we think James is magically going to become a PL superstar in his first season
Who also steps up in creative midfield...

FromTheBench

Rashford is improving season on season.

Martial is blow hot blow cold. That needs to change.

Ban

He's a playing legend and that has blinded sound decision making

It is a shocking appointment when viewed objectively and pushes us further down into the mire
All good but United fans should resort to some awful nicknames. I know I live in fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.